{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Walker to Lincoln

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Walker to Lincoln

Postby 88BenM » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:37 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I wish him well, he played a massive part last season.

Slightly rankles that he didn’t do the modern day thing of a ‘thank you and goodbye’ message on social media to show he appreciated our support as much as we appreciated him, but perhaps he’s just not that kind of man.

If I remember rightly he was getting pelters from Stags fans up until Stevenage away, I remember threads accusing him of being bone idle, not good enough, etc. I never really felt that he was at one with the fans, like most goalscorers are at each respective club.

I thank him for his efforts for us last season, he won us points at vital stages of the season and with better treatment from referees he'd have notched even more, but I can't wish him success at Lincoln. Him doing well will almost certainly mean that they are doing well, it is time for the Lincoln bubble to burst!
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:53 pm

I thought Walker was OK, but no more than that. He was given a lot of chances as he was playing in a very good footballing side who generally were on top. I thought he went missing a lot, had a lot of bang average games and could see quite clearly why he has not made it at Forest. Would I have signed him this season, nope. Will he do well at the Gimps, nope.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:54 pm

Why do people care so much about Lincoln? They aren't our proper rivals.

Good luck Tyler. Hope he bangs them in again.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:07 am

Rob wrote:I thought Walker was OK, but no more than that. He was given a lot of chances as he was playing in a very good footballing side who generally were on top. I thought he went missing a lot, had a lot of bang average games and could see quite clearly why he has not made it at Forest. Would I have signed him this season, nope. Will he do well at the Gimps, nope.

26 goals says he was more than ok. Another striker of less talent might of on only got 15.
He's still at forest he's not been sold and I can see him doing well at Lincoln.
Hopefully like cook at Walsall though and they got relegated. :D
:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:19 am

Rob wrote:I thought Walker was OK, but no more than that. He was given a lot of chances as he was playing in a very good footballing side who generally were on top. I thought he went missing a lot, had a lot of bang average games and could see quite clearly why he has not made it at Forest. Would I have signed him this season, nope. Will he do well at the Gimps, nope.

I thought the service to him was average and he saved us quite a few times. I think most of us would have signed him if possible. He will do well at Lincoln and I suspect a hint of jealousy from some on stagsnet!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:52 am

ParisStag wrote:Why do people care so much about Lincoln? They aren't our proper rivals.

Good luck Tyler. Hope he bangs them in again.

yes, whatever happened to them? That thread about em is tumblin down the pages faster than them falling down t'leagues.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:26 am

It’s weird how you thought DF was the best thing since sliced bread and could do no wrong but thought walker was just okay.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:37 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:

It’s weird how you thought DF was the best thing since sliced bread and could do no wrong but thought walker was just okay.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tyler Walker came on leaps and bounds last season and by the end he was, other than a superb goalscorer a brilliant hold up player which was perfect for CJ and White - Cowley actually mentioned the same thing on the Lincoln OS when they signed him.

I don't think Tyler will be superb in L1 yet, or poor but I think he will comfortably manage double figures and end up in a L1 team on a perm by next summer - Good luck to him, he's clearly only going to be better and I am not letting sour grapes affect my opinion like mardy rob :lol:
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:38 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
Stoney wrote:Why not? That's a bitter attitude.

He gave his all in a Stags shirt. Best of luck Tyler and hopefully we will see you back in the amber one day.

Anywhere but the Gimps :roll:

The Lincoln fans have complete disdain for Mansfield, and it's really flipping weird - but don't join in and become the opposite because that's really flipping weird too.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:23 am

Conker wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

He gave his all in a Stags shirt. Best of luck Tyler and hopefully we will see you back in the amber one day.

The Lincoln fans have complete disdain for Mansfield, and it's really flipping weird - but don't join in and become the opposite because that's really flipping weird too.

bit hard for me youth, i work there atm so last season was real bitter pill to swallow, hence my disdain for the Gimps
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:44 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
Conker wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

bit hard for me youth, i work there atm so last season was real bitter pill to swallow, hence my disdain for the Gimps

I start a new job based in Luncoln soon. I expect to be moving from mild dislike, to hatred of the Gimps before the year is out. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:45 am

Sneag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
Conker wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

I start a new job based in Luncoln soon. I expect to be moving from mild dislike, to hatred of the Gimps before the year is out. :lol:

it will happen :evil:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:12 am

Good luck to the lad. I wish him all the best for the rest of his career. We always knew that once he returned to Forest he was either going to be a first team squad player or be sent out on loan again.

The reason why he chose Lincoln is simple, they are a league one club and he needs to prove himself at a higher level. Why aren’t we a league one club is simple, we weren’t good enough in the last third of the season and that is why this year we will have missed out on more ambitious players.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:23 am

Cant wish him well for them. He was good for us but no way did he give his all every game. He coasted through a number of games and I always got the feeling he felt he was better than us and obviously knew we were a stepping stone and at times that showed. Once his mate joined he tailed off significantly.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:30 am

Jamie wrote:Cant wish him well for them. He was good for us but no way did he give his all every game. He coasted through a number of games and I always got the feeling he felt he was better than us and obviously knew we were a stepping stone and at times that showed. Once his mate joined he tailed off significantly.

Just because something is in ya head does not mean it's factually correct you maniac.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:33 pm

I hope Tyler has a stonking season and finishes up as the top scorer in League, whilst the p1$$ stop on the way to Skeg get relegated at the same time.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Big yella wrote:I hope Tyler has a stonking season and finishes up as the top scorer in League 1, whilst the p1$$ stop on the way to Skeg get relegated at the same time.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:58 pm

Good luck to the youth, Had a great season with us but I'm more than happy with who we have replaced him with, Also got a feeling in me waters that Rosie is gonna bag a few this season.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:53 pm

Lincoln fan "Walker too light weight against some small lads, getting no where near the ball, pushed off it, first touch not quite right... subbed off, not the best debut, will get better"
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:32 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Lincoln fan "Walker too light weight against some small lads, getting no where near the ball, pushed off it, first touch not quite right... subbed off, not the best debut, will get better"

He could have been commenting on some of our games last season, apart from the subbing off!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Walker was magnificent for us last season we all know that. His mate (Grant), played the whole game and assisted for Lincoln’s first goal. Both of them will be key players for Lincoln this season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:00 pm

Big yella wrote:I hope Tyler has a stonking season and finishes up as the top scorer in League, whilst the p1$$ stop on the way to Skeg get relegated at the same time.

Agreed . I can’t stand the tata pickers !
Last edited by Amberheart on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:02 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Walker was magnificent for us last season we all know that. His mate (Grant), played the whole game and assisted for Lincoln’s first goal. Both of them will be key players for Lincoln this season.

Grant was an effectual show pony for us for most of last season.

Walker, whilst bagging twenty-odd goals, was lightweight and easily out-muscled by seasoned defenders at L2 level.

I wish them both well but don’t share your bromance with Tyler.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:30 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Walker was magnificent for us last season we all know that. His mate (Grant), played the whole game and assisted for Lincoln’s first goal. Both of them will be key players for Lincoln this season.

Grant was an effectual show pony for us for most of last season.

Walker, whilst bagging twenty-odd goals, was lightweight and easily out-muscled by seasoned defenders at L2 level.

I wish them both well but don’t share your bromance with Tyler.
If that’s the caseEdders how did Walker manage to score all those goals last season?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:47 pm

Jamie wrote:Cant wish him well for them. He was good for us but no way did he give his all every game. He coasted through a number of games and I always got the feeling he felt he was better than us and obviously knew we were a stepping stone and at times that showed. Once his mate joined he tailed off significantly.

Spot on Jamie. As for Grant, he was utter, utter garbage.
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum