{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Conference Club Notts County

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:55 pm

Stoke City are owned by Peter Coates who owns Bet 365.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:07 am

Please help. Not heard any of the news on this.
Is it true is it real and will the tax men expect full payment weds ?
If they've acquired it for the tax bill and staff wages it must be over the million price?
Why not wait til weds and get it for less or would they be demoted like Boston?
How much did he pay for the club?
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:36 am

Source: BBC Sport ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48282230

Notts County have been taken over by Alexander and Christoffer Reedtz, the National League club have confirmed.

The sale should ensure the future of the 157-year-old Magpies, who have faced the prospect of being wound up over an unpaid tax bill.

Outgoing owner Alan Hardy first put the financially-troubled club, a founding member of the English Football League, up for sale in January.

Notts were relegated from the EFL for the first time in their history in May.

"We are delighted that the deal has been completed, and that the uncertainty about the club's future has come to an end," said Alexander and Christoffer Reedtz in a statement.

"We can now all shift our focus towards the exciting new football season which is just around the corner.

"As you may be aware, we run a football analysis company called Football Radar, which has its headquarters in London and further offices in Liverpool and Plovdiv, Bulgaria.

"Ever since we founded the company 10 years ago it has been our goal to own a professional football club, and we are thrilled that the day has come where we have fulfilled this ambition."

Analysis

Natalie Jackson, BBC East Midlands Today sports editor

The announcement will come as a massive relief to Notts fans, who were fearing their club could be wound up.

It means they will not start the season in the National League 12 points down and will have owners who Hardy says are "very credible".

There has been endless uncertainty since Hardy put the club up for sale, with Notts being relegated and deals seemingly stalling at various stages.

He had great ambitions for the club. He is a local businessman who had the best intentions and was warmly welcomed when he first arrived. Notts almost won promotion from League Two in his first full season as owner.

But last season he sacked two managers and things could not have gone any worse on and off the field. Notts fans have had a truly terrible 12 months and will hope this is the start of a new era - albeit outside the Football League for the first time in their history.

A bad year for world's oldest professional club

Financial trouble at Meadow Lane - with owner Hardy having parts of his interior design company Paragon sold off by administrators - was compounded by the worst season in the club's history.

Neal Ardley was one of three managers to take charge of County during a tumultuous 2018-19 campaign, which ultimately saw them finish 23rd in League Two.

Former AFC Wimbledon boss Ardley took over in November after Harry Kewell's sacking, the ex-Liverpool midfielder having only replaced Kevin Nolan as manager 10 weeks earlier.

Ardley has remained in charge following their relegation to non-league and, like his players and the club's other staff, has not had his wages paid since May.

The Magpies, a club founded nine years before the FA Cup was first played in 1871 and who went on to win the competition for the only time in their history 125 years ago, have appeared in the High Court three times in the past four months over monies owned to HM Revenue & Customs.

The club will next appear in court on 31 July.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:16 am

chip63 wrote:Please help. Not heard any of the news on this.
Is it true is it real and will the tax men expect full payment weds ?
If they've acquired it for the tax bill and staff wages it must be over the million price?
Why not wait til weds and get it for less or would they be demoted like Boston?
How much did he pay for the club?

It’s probably better not to start on minus 10 points otherwise regardless of what you pay, you might get relegated again. I say -10 because they are non league and I’m sure that differs from the -12 in the EFL.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:34 am

Spiritater wrote:ex stag niall blake scored the only goal as alfy beat t'pies 1-0 tonite

Apparently county’s team were mainly youth players, it will be interesting to see what type of side they can put out next week? I think they still have more players than we did a week before we started in the conference!
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:43 am

My in-law was right. He'd cleared his desk!

I'm happy for them. I hope one day we can both be established L1 sides where we consistently finish higher than them.

This season will be a bit of surprise to them, but good luck to them I say. Alan Hardy was did nothing correctly, a man who loved the limelight. Makes you so grateful for the Radfords.

We're all good Nottinghamshire folk at the end of the day.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:12 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:My in-law was right. He'd cleared his desk!

I'm happy for them. I hope one day we can both be established L1 sides where we consistently finish higher than them.

This season will be a bit of surprise to them, but good luck to them I say. Alan Hardy was did nothing correctly, a man who loved the limelight. Makes you so grateful for the Radfords.

We're all good Nottinghamshire folk at the end of the day.

:good_post:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:15 am

They were awful at York today. If they don’t make some signings this week they’re going to struggle big time.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:55 am

Dan wrote:They were awful at York today. If they don’t make some signings this week they’re going to struggle big time.

oh no really Dan, that would be a real shame if they struggle again after all they are the biggest & oldest football club in non league, oh hang on that’s Sheffield FC, so mwahhhhhh
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:58 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
Dan wrote:They were awful at York today. If they don’t make some signings this week they’re going to struggle big time.

oh no really Dan, that would be a real shame if they struggle again after all they are the biggest & oldest football club in non league, oh hang on that’s Sheffield FC, so mwahhhhhh

Nooooooo you bitch Yorkie
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:05 am

SINA STAG wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Nooooooo you bitch Yorkie

The Yorkie bar is so-called because Rowntree opted to manufacture it at their York factory. On reflection, they decided that making it at their Goole plant might create a branding problem.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:13 am

Still think the bedwetters will struggle, as only got week left before season starts.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:38 am

It looks like a very poor conference this year. Despite being under an embargo this summer, County have always been third favourites. I think it's between them, AFC Fylde and our lovely sheep friends for the two promotion places.
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Conker » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:51 am

Solihull will be a competitive side.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:06 am

Wrexham, Torquay, and AFC Fylde will all finish above County and the sheep.

And then you've got Hartlepool, Halifax and Barnet.
Last edited by Sandy Pate Best Stag on Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:09 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Wrexham, Torquay, Leyton Orient and AFC Fylde will all finish above County and the sheep.

Someone should tell Leyton Orient they're back in the conference :o
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby healthclub » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:10 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Wrexham, Torquay, Leyton Orient and AFC Fylde will all finish above County and the sheep.

Leyton Orient definitely will, they are in our league. I think Halifax will struggle, agree with the rest
healthclub
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:11 am

BoughtonStag71 wrote:

Well they will finish above them :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:26 am

BoughtonStag71 wrote:

Blame Boris!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:41 am

Notts County have some really good players for that level, but I think it’s going to be offset by the same on field problems last year not to mention the off field problems affecting the entire pre-season.

I think Kane Hemmings is probably the best overall striker in that division, better poachers im sure but maybe Dennis could fill that void.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:22 am

I dont know what these new owners are bringing to nutts ,dont appear to have the funds to really give them the impetus to really go for it ,i may be wrong but stability seems to be there aim ,no bad thing ,but how will nutts fans accept it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:49 am

spanishstag wrote:I dont know what these new owners are bringing to nutts ,dont appear to have the funds to really give them the impetus to really go for it ,i may be wrong but stability seems to be there aim ,no bad thing ,but how will nutts fans accept it

Look st Brentford Spaniard I think Clownty owners are going to survive n prosper on the same blueprint buying or developing young players n selling them for a profit.... only using their own funds to daily run the business. Investing very little using sales to develop the club higher up the pyramid. Long term project little steps n to be honest it's what they've needed after the likes of trew Hardy n others in the past. I dont think we will be playing them for a while yet unless something goes seriously wrong at Mansfield Town
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:51 am

If only it was that easy eh ,why arent we all doing it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:55 am

spanishstag wrote:If only it was that easy eh ,why arent we all doing it

I didn't say it was easy I said it's working for Brentford but they didnt start in the conference either
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:39 am

SINA STAG wrote:
spanishstag wrote:I dont know what these new owners are bringing to nutts ,dont appear to have the funds to really give them the impetus to really go for it ,i may be wrong but stability seems to be there aim ,no bad thing ,but how will nutts fans accept it

Look st Brentford Spaniard I think Clownty owners are going to survive n prosper on the same blueprint buying or developing young players n selling them for a profit.... only using their own funds to daily run the business. Investing very little using sales to develop the club higher up the pyramid. Long term project little steps n to be honest it's what they've needed after the likes of trew Hardy n others in the past. I dont think we will be playing them for a while yet unless something goes seriously wrong at Mansfield Town

I remember many a year ago Brentford fans shaking the buckets at field mill to help them survive ‘ think both clubs were sponsored by the GMB union at the time . How fortunes change !!
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum