{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Gay Footballer

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Gay Footballer

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:18 pm

spanishstag wrote:I know a few openly gay or lesbian people ,its an issue they dont feel the need to tell me ,they dont hide it but they know it doesn,t bother me I just think we are pushing things a little to far as far as kids are concerned

All depends on the manner and strength at which that education is aimed, my friend. If done properly it can be a very enlightening aspect.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:02 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Jimstag wrote:Actually 1 question I do have regarding this is in the changing room in that Phil Neville is not allowed in the women’s changing room for a set period and team talks held on the pitch for fairly obvious reasons, would some sort of regulation like this have to happen for an openly gay player?
It is OTT for me but at the same time it opens a whole minefield for me.

Rediciulous. Just because he's Gay, doesn't mean he cant share a changing room. Do you think just because a gay man is getting dressed next to other men, he'll fancy them or come onto them or something like that so they need to be segregated.. I just cant work out how you've even thought of that? let alone ask it as a genuine question. If you have a problem with a gay man in your changing room, then you're the one that needs taking out of that situation and educating.

Maybe im not quite understanding what you're getting at...

Gareth Thomas didn't get that sort of treatment did he? and you don't go into a gym with separate changing rooms... the comparison to Phil Neville doesn't translate, hes a man in a women's changing room, completely different.

His teammates and the public need to support him, so future gay players don't feel the need to hide and they can live happily the same as everyone else.

So what you are saying is that gay men and gay women can be trusted to control their sexual feelings in a dressing room but heterosexual men can’t, got you. Tell me exactly what would Phil Neville or any other bloke see in in a changing room he wouldn’t see on a Spanish beach whilst with his wife and kids. No I’m not anti gay, you just can’t have double standards.

Basic privacy there, not double standards.... it's the basic principle and idea of why female and male changing rooms exist in the world. The idea of needing a separate changing room, yes just the idea of it, for the one openly gay player.... you lot are why Mansfield is a backwards dump. :roll:

I'm not suggesting separate changing rooms, just that it is a double standard to say that a gay man won't sexually objectify another man just because they share a dressing room, but a heterosexual man will sexually objectify a woman when doing the same, and that sexual objectification is the reason separate rooms were introduced wasn't it?

Are you saying that only straight men can sexually objectify? Every gay man/woman I have known well enough to call a friend has objectified someone at some stage, and it hasn't mattered if that person was gay or straight. Just as I know I have gay women.

I've been on holiday with gay men, and also women who I wasn't in a relationship with, who saw what mattered not one jot. It "wasn't on offer" so that was that. I will openly welcome the first openly gay footballer, but having rules that basically say gay people can be trusted but straight people can't is having double standards.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:10 pm

I've always told my son that there are some men who marry other men and some ladies who marry other ladies & he's accepted it. He's 10 now & we've had a letter about them doing sex education soon & again next year in year 6. I'm glad as it saves me a job :lol: :lol: One of his classmates has already asked his mum what a vibrator is so clearly they're talking about stuff in the playground :lol:

Next door to his mammar lives two ladies who have got children. When we were in Amsterdam recently 2 blokes got on the train & started proper snogging in front of us, he did a double take & looked at me & smiled. I think that was just a bit of embarrassment. Last week we went to Wembley to see P!nk in concert. During the concert a couple of rows behind us a lady got down on one knee and proposed to another lady who said yes. Word got round & everyone was clapping them and cheering. My son asked me what had happened & I said "Those two ladies up there have just got engaged to each other" & his response was "oh right". I think if that had been the first time he'd been 'exposed' (for want of a better word) to it I think his actions would've been different. But because for the past 2-3 years he's seen & been told that this happens, he was clearly used to it & didn't really care. On the way out we both congratulated them & they said what a lovely boy he was (his reaction may have surprised them, I don't know).
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:06 am

I don't care what religion, race or sexuality anybody has... it's their life.

However, when somebody chooses to grow their hair and have a "top knot/man bun", they deserve to be single out, abused and humiliated.
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Gruff wrote:I don't care what religion, race or sexuality anybody has... it's their life.

However, when somebody chooses to grow their hair and have a "top knot/man bun", they deserve to be single out, abused and humiliated.

Yep!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby shirestag » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:02 pm

Gruff wrote:I don't care what religion, race or sexuality anybody has... it's their life.

However, when somebody chooses to grow their hair and have a "top knot/man bun", they deserve to be single out, abused and humiliated.[/quot
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Yep!

I third that :D
shirestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:19 pm

shirestag wrote:

However, when somebody chooses to grow their hair and have a "top knot/man bun", they deserve to be single out, abused and humiliated.[/quot
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Yep!

I third that :D

I fourth that and aim that at ‘Malta Cabs’ who sits behind me in the West Stand and occasionally wears one!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:32 pm

Did you manage to single out, abuse and humiliate the Alfreton midfielder who was sporting a top knot on Saturday?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:13 am

Twitter account deleted. Feels he is not strong enough yet.

A shame, but do what is right for you young man, good luck with your career and life in general.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:24 am

Big yella wrote:Twitter account deleted. Feels he is not strong enough yet.

A shame, but do what is right for you young man, good luck with your career and life in general.

Suppose you've only got to read some of the thoroughly stupid comments relating to his sexuality on here to realise why he hasn't done so.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:33 am

adamstag wrote:

Suppose you've only got to read some of the thoroughly stupid comments relating to his sexuality on here to realise why he hasn't done so.

There are also some gullible people on here if you think this was legit.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:45 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
adamstag wrote:

I think this thread has exposed a few drama queens in more ways than you care to think!!!!

God bless HMS Social media and all those that take it seriously.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:40 pm

It was obviously a hoax. He’s had the media hooked for weeks
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:40 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:It was obviously a hoax. He’s had the media hooked for weeks

I still can’t believe we live in a world where a footballer can’t say he’s Gay. Sad really.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Look under a pony tail and you will always find an arsehole
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:46 am

I did notice that on Notts Gay pride day , there was a call for ALL Nottinghamshire clubs fans to attend , Notts County were mentioned & had a gay fans club & so did Forest . Stags fans were never mentioned !
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 am

Stags fans were on last years Nottingham parade
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:55 am

Amberheart wrote:I did notice that on Notts Gay pride day , there was a call for ALL Nottinghamshire clubs fans to attend , Notts County were mentioned & had a gay fans club & so did Forest . Stags fans were never mentioned !

One of my mates run the LGBT Pies at Notts & I know Forest have got the LGBT Trickies but I don’t think we’ve got one
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:45 pm

Dan wrote:
Amberheart wrote:I did notice that on Notts Gay pride day , there was a call for ALL Nottinghamshire clubs fans to attend , Notts County were mentioned & had a gay fans club & so did Forest . Stags fans were never mentioned !

One of my mates run the LGBT Pies at Notts & I know Forest have got the LGBT Trickies but I don’t think we’ve got one

Maybe something we could do in the near future
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:32 pm

Why?
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:09 pm

Dan wrote:

It in your hands now Dan (not literally as that would be messy). You could the first gay in the village!!!!!

Just joking for those dispossessed of a sense of humour.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:44 pm

Funny isnt it we can say stags were not involved in gay pride ,without mentioning the same newspaper that headlines nottinghamshire sport never mentions mansfield town ,just a thought
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:55 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
adamstag wrote:

It is legit...
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:02 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
adamstag wrote:

It is legit...

Based on?

The only thing I’ve seen is a copy cat account on Twitter that’s trying to pass off being the original. Nothing about it seems legit, like retweeting gay mens’ Tweets etc. The original never did that
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum