{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A Thread About Conference Club Notts County

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:08 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
victor A block wrote:Interesting reading Notts County Mad ( if you can bother with all the ads for Russian prostitutes and "you wont believe what you see at airports")

Most of their support on there now seems more pragmatic about living within their means. Its been a long tome coming.

Craving success is an affliction that supporters of all clubs has ( including our own) (I recall being in non League saying I would never moan again if we got our League place back, but of course now we all want more) but has been a more consistent issue for the Nottingham Clubs. Forest still have visions of being back competing in the European Cup ( as it was back 40 years ago) .In reality , history tells us they are, right now, where they belong.

County fans still seem to persistently think , having USED to be the worlds oldest professional league club, ( sign still up I believe ) having a bang average decent ground and some bloke called Sirrel, entitles them to at least a place in the Championship.
Some, like vote chasing Greenwood, even think (somewhat pathetically) the old tag they have just lost should give them some special dispensation with the football authorities to help with the issues they and other clubs like Bolton and Bury have. Shes petitioning the Football League. Breaking news for her. County aren't in it any more. If they go to the wall (and i hope not) its really sad, but no different to if it happened with any other club. They should be treated the same .That's fact.

Fans of both Nottingham clubs have relentlessly pursued their owners to keep changing managers until they get what they want. Munto was lauded for buying a place in League 1, as was Hardy for threatening to do so until a year ago. Bath time was inevitable. Living beyond their means, encouraged by a small deluded fan base.
Forest have spaffed millions chasing an elusive dream to be as good as Leicester or Derby. I havn't researched it , but both clubs must have changed more managers than any other in the last 10 years.

Morons at the Nottingham Evening Post calling the city the Capital of Sport don't help. Never has been, never will be.

So it s all a bit rich pretending the blame isn't theirs to a certain degree. It is and right now they are where they belong. Weak owners caught along for the ride believing the hype the fans have spouted.

Most Stags fans have no real beef with County, certainly not in the same league as Chesterfield ( although they are, ho-ho !). Its been this superficial superiority complex with a chip on both shoulders that most of their fans carry, that makes many here enjoy their demise to the 3rd team in Nottinghamshire. They blame, Munto, Trew, Hardy, Fullerton, Nolan, hapless Ardley ( at least 15 other managers ) and the tealady. Time to look in the mirror. The old fella now retired who used to commentate for them, had the same affliction. (Not a disgrace losing to us any more, is it?)
Even now, if they get saved and start next season , many of them will be demanding a management change come November if they are not top.

I hope they survive and get a decent owner and have a nice steady 5 years down there in the abyss which might help the fans gather a spot of humility along the way.

This particularly resonates with me

Me too sadly. There are some really arrogant tossers who especially look down on us that really get on my tits & who need a right good smack in the face. However they are a minority thankfully. In the main there are some absolutely lovely people who are really hurting with going on at the moment & that's why I can't take any pleasure in what's happening there.
Credit to you for that Dan.

Thanks mate appreciate that.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Wilfred wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:I agree Dan, and the sad thing is most of their fans are quite down to earth people. Dare i say it: 'normal'?! :P

Then (as you say) there is the bell-end class of fan, who sees them as the Man Utd of lower league and have a divine right to march up the league while everyone quakes in their majesty or bows humbly at their history. I honestly think these are the ones who've been the first to KO at the players, managers, staff, etc without giving a moment's thought to the root cause of the problem. They were probably the instigators in demanding 3 managers in a season, and part of why they're in this hopeless mess. Of course Hardy dug the burial pit all by himself, but i suspect they were the ones goading him to keep spending at any cost because their egos couldn't handle inferiority (ie - reality! ;)).

Most, if not all, clubs have this sort of character, but (comparatively speaking) they seem to have it in extraordinary abundance

The latest is that Hardy has cleared his desk at Meadow Lane and the Danes are waiting in the wings. And, on this news, certain posters on Notts County Mad are having a pop at The Stags. I do have sympathy for the genuine Notts Fans. Not sure why these certain individuals are having a pop though. Perhaps it's because they are about to lose their free tv licences?

Going through on Wednesday, “reportedly”
https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... ssion=true
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Gruff » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:51 am

I hope this gets sorted out. However, I think a significant dose of realism may well be needed for some of their fans, as this is not a Russian oil magnet or Arab Sheik that's taking them over.... It's not even a Notts County supporter.

Basically, they are being bought to be run as a business, and I would guess the new owners will be cutting their cloth accordingly. They may well be gearing up for a few years in Dilly-dilly land, and will not be breaking the bank to bring in high-profile players or pay top-whack wages.

Football Radar seem to pride themselves on spotting young talent, so they'll be looking nurture good young players, to hopefully sell on. They could easily become a feeder club for some of the bigger clubs in Notts :lol:
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:04 am

Cant understand why anyone would pay a substantial amount of money for a club when it could be bought for a quid in administration it just doesnt make sense
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:23 pm

New owner confirmed as Theresa May
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:09 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:New owner confirmed as Theresa May

Or to give her, her full name Theresa May Buyit.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:58 am

Change in emphasis on the Nottinghamshire Live website:
"Notts County - founded in 1862 - are recognised as the oldest professional football team in the world. The Magpies play in the National League and have been at their Meadow Lane home since 1910."
Although it calls itself Nottinghamshire Live it's banners only feature Florist & Clownty. It would appear there are no other clubs in the County.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:07 am

stag861 wrote:Change in emphasis on the Nottinghamshire Live website:
"Notts County - founded in 1862 - are recognised as the oldest professional football team in the world. The Magpies play in the National League and have been at their Meadow Lane home since 1910."
Although it calls itself Nottinghamshire Live it's banners only feature Florist & Clownty. It would appear there are no other clubs in the County.

They dropped coverage of the Stags several years ago when the excellent Sarah Clapson was redeployed to be the second reporter on Forest. They have not had a Stags reporter since. They had some wonderful reporters previously, such as Matt Halfpenny, Ian Wilkerson, and plenty of others.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Random Hero » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:36 am

If this is true (Leigh is rarely wrong)... they are now very much on the brink. :(
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:37 am

The gift that keeps on giving wow
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:41 am

Danes not interested apparently... Hardy still wants 5-6 Million

Im going to help out a friend I know from college who works at county when I get paid Friday. Young lad that lives on his own and got to pay rent and last months... absolutely awful for him and other members of staff, when Hardy is living the life of luxury
Last edited by Sedgwick on Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:45 am

stag861 wrote:Change in emphasis on the Nottinghamshire Live website:

Founded in 1862
Foundered in 2019, by the look of it

Is it something like 7 days till their final hearing? Terrible outcome for the decent fans out there, terrible outcome for Liverpool & Man U when they inherit the gobshyte element from Notts
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:47 am

Sedgwick wrote:Danes not interested apparently... Hardy still wants 5-6 Million

Im going to help out a friend I know from college who works at county when I get paid Friday. Young lad that lives on his own and got to pay rent and last months... absolutely awful for him and other members of staff, when Hardy is living the life of luxury

I worked for County for just over a year in their media department. Times did get tough on occasion... but I never thought it would end up like this.

Feel for your mate and all of the staff there. They are the innocent ones in this.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:50 am

Disgraceful treatment of all County Fans by Alan Hardy.

Still the FA, the Minister for Culture and Sport, the EFL and the National League are silent. Though, if they did speak out we wouldn’t be able to hear them due to all the Sky TV subscribers turning up the volume. Sad & worrying times indeed.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:10 pm

Random Hero wrote:

I worked for County for just over a year in their media department. Times did get tough on occasion... but I never thought it would end up like this.

Feel for your mate and all of the staff there. They are the innocent ones in this.

Ive managed to get him an interview at Leicester for a junior role, but he cant afford to get there for the interview! Some of the staff are in an absolute desperate position. I really don't like it as much as I hate county.

If they don't get sorted before next weeks hearing, is that it for them? would they have to drop down the leagues and start again under a different name, badge, ground etc?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:16 pm

Never mind there's always tomorrow....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:23 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

Ive managed to get him an interview at Leicester for a junior role, but he cant afford to get there for the interview! Some of the staff are in an absolute desperate position. I really don't like it as much as I hate county.

If they don't get sorted before next weeks hearing, is that it for them? would they have to drop down the leagues and start again under a different name, badge, ground etc?

I'd imagine that HMRC won't give them ANOTHER reprieve. Hardy has already blagged three by claiming that the takeover is 'imminent'. It quite obviously isn't, and the Danes have seemingly pulled out.

HMRC will wind them up on 31st of July, barring a miracle. :(
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Dan wrote:https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/no-takeover-notts-county-crisis-3129494

I really feel it for the genuine County fans, players, staff and all those owed money due to the arrogance of and mismanagement by Hardy.
I feel it as a lover of my club, as a lover of football and some very bleak times under the ownership of Haslam.
It hurt under Haslam. And The Stags could have been in the same position as County. But, thanks to the Radfords, we're not.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:50 pm

What an absolute disgrace that man is. I'm actually pretty angry about this. Like RandomHero, I worked at the club and got to know the long-term staff and some of the more well-known characters in the stands. I really feel for them, having gone through the same thing ourselves.

One man and his ego have achieved this. People like him should be lined up and shot.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:58 pm

Always tomorrow
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Chacawab » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:12 pm

Dilly Dilly!
Chacawab
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:13 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Always tomorrow

Tomorrow never comes.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:16 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Disgraceful treatment of all County Fans by Alan Hardy.

Still the FA, the Minister for Culture and Sport, the EFL and the National League are silent. Though, if they did speak out we wouldn’t be able to hear them due to all the Sky TV subscribers turning up the volume. Sad & worrying times indeed.

They loved him when he was getting them in the news all the time he was a hero to them ,they soon turned on him ,you reap what you sow
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby jr senior » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:19 pm

Big Al must be the biggest buffoon alive. He's been living the lie for months, surely now he's finished!

The very few that believed in him before now must be looking for a hole to hide in. Without wishing to see the demise of any football club its hard to see the end for County not being Wednesday 31 July.
jr senior
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum