{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Prior's Well

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Prior's Well

Postby Sneag » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:15 pm

I see the new Prior's Well bar is now open for business in the old brewery buildings.

It looks like they are only opening limited hours at the moment, but it would nice if they opened Saturdays when Stags are home.

A few pints & a nice stroll through the park to the ground. Nice.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Re: Prior's Well

Postby Tess Tickle » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:53 pm

Yes , agree with that. Real ale and Stags. Great combo.
When is it due to open ? Heard rumours it was supposed to be open already.
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Kernow » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 pm

Opened today.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:14 pm

A good selection of proper ales is what's missing in Mansfield. At Spireites away we found a cracking micropub off Sheffield Rd. Orient have an award winning Camra pub at their ground. Both were heaving when I've visited. The market is there for it.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby kyle b » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:23 pm

It’s open all day everyday
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Hon Sec » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Sold a Prior’s well ale in SPB last season.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:30 pm

kyle b wrote:It’s open all day everyday

Saw that on Facebook, but their website disagrees.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:52 pm

I popped in and they confirned opening 11 to 11 ish. Does have longer licence but will see how evenings go.
So will be ok before games (and after)
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Scothie the Stag » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:28 pm

ParisStag wrote:A good selection of proper ales is what's missing in Mansfield. At Spireites away we found a cracking micropub off Sheffield Rd. Orient have an award winning Camra pub at their ground. Both were heaving when I've visited. The market is there for it.

The Railway always has a selection of real ales, as does the Bold Forester. More are always appreciated though.
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Ridge » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:40 pm

The Garrison on Leeming Street also has a cracking, ever changing, selection.
Ridge
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby SidneyOttewell » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:57 pm

Called in for an hour this evening....very busy, but it was the opening night. Think there were eight real ales available. Looks like a lot of money has been invested so good luck to them. The music was far too loud so everyone was practically shouting at each other but apart from that, I enjoyed it!
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:20 pm

SidneyOttewell wrote:Called in for an hour this evening....very busy, but it was the opening night. Think there were eight real ales available. Looks like a lot of money has been invested so good luck to them. The music was far too loud so everyone was practically shouting at each other but apart from that, I enjoyed it!

probably not my sort of place anymore then
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:01 pm

SidneyOttewell wrote:Called in for an hour this evening....very busy, but it was the opening night. Think there were eight real ales available. Looks like a lot of money has been invested so good luck to them. The music was far too loud so everyone was practically shouting at each other but apart from that, I enjoyed it!

Was stuff by The Clash, Pistols, Damned and Killing Joke? In which case it can never be too loud.

Or was it deeadful modern stuff from the 90s. :cry:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:56 am

Sneag wrote:

Was stuff by The Clash, Pistols, Damned and Killing Joke? In which case it can never be too loud.

There were flyers out for monthly soul night, 60 soul, motown, Northern soul et Al first one 28th July Sunday afternoons, so sounds like older stuff which is fine by me
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SidneyOttewell » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:16 am

Sneag wrote:

The one I remember was 'Whole Lotta Rosie' - ACDC, which in the right place at the right time is fine, but in a large, echoey room, with a high ceiling and tiled floor, with over 100 people talking in it, it all just became 'noise'. It's early days, though, and I'm sure they'll get the balance right.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ST4GS » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:46 am

SidneyOttewell wrote:
Sneag wrote:

The one I remember was 'Whole Lotta Rosie' - ACDC, which in the right place at the right time is fine, but in a large, echoey room, with a high ceiling and tiled floor, with over 100 people talking in it, it all just became 'noise'. It's early days, though, and I'm sure they'll get the balance right.
Depeche Mode. Now you talking.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:16 pm

Hope it does well, great to see those buildings being used for ale again!
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum