{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:46 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I think we should've been looking for a keeper this summer. I know we've signed Stone but I mean someone more established.

I don't rate Logan and there is no guarantee that Bobby will be the same player following injury.

That would mean we would have four keepers on our books!

I know we are supposed to be on a high budget for league two, but even JR has limits.

I can't understand this downer on Logan before a serious ball has been kicked this season.

Instead of signing Stone, I meant, but he won't be on much money anyway.

You seem to forget we have seen Logan for the last two years, not just the two games last week.
Yes we have seen him for over the last two seasons, and by and large he's been a good keeper.

If we had signed an established keeper we would have had three keepers on big wages.

I think JD has got it right regarding the goalkeeper situation,given that Bobby should be back before Christmas.

The alternative would have been to get a keeper on loan until January, but that would have been expensive too. The last two keepers we had on loan were no better than Logan.

The other thing I find remarkable is you are assuming Stone won't be good enough and yet the season has started.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I think we should've been looking for a keeper this summer. I know we've signed Stone but I mean someone more established.

I don't rate Logan and there is no guarantee that Bobby will be the same player following injury.

That would mean we would have four keepers on our books!

I know we are supposed to be on a high budget for league two, but even JR has limits.

I can't understand this downer on Logan before a serious ball has been kicked this season.

Instead of signing Stone, I meant, but he won't be on much money anyway.

You seem to forget we have seen Logan for the last two years, not just the two games last week.
Yes we have seen him for over the last two seasons, and by and large he's been a good keeper.

If we had signed an established keeper we would have had three keepers on big wages.

I think JD has got it right regarding the goalkeeper situation,given that Bobby should be back before Christmas.

The alternative would have been to get a keeper on loan until January, but that would have been expensive too. The last two keepers we had on loan were no better than Logan.

The other thing I find remarkable is you are assuming Stone won't be good enough and yet the season has started.

That's your opinion, not one universally shared re: Logan.

Stone won't be starting any league games when Logan is fit. I've not seen enough of him to say whether he's good enough, but there is no way JD will drop Logan for a rookie, IMO.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:You agree with Bellcheese and yet hes been exposed as "a body shamer", how very predictably selective and hypocritical

There is a difference between agreeing with a single point someone makes and agreeing with everything they say. Stop being silly.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:13 pm

Re some comments about the pro's and con's of Logan's size.

Yes it can affect agility, but tall and skinny keepers have the same problem. Logan has proven over and over again that he is more than agile enough.

One massive benefit his size brings is that it helps him dominate in 1v1 situations. Goalkeepers should be trying to intimidate the striker in a 1v1 and make them self as big as possible. Logan is exceptional in this situation, unless it's a race to the ball when he is a bit slow off his line.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:45 pm

1v1 when he gives penalties away.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Logan saves so many in 1v1 situations.

The penalty in the play offs was harsh, he got the ball before the player. How often does it happen where a keeper saves the ball in a one on one and the player goes flying after? No penalty.

Cut him some slack, he's not massive.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:38 pm

it was an absolute carbon copy of the incident v Lincoln mate, i do agree shot stopper up with the best, it’s his reaction time and lack of quick thinking to release the ball that counts against him for me
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:41 pm

https://www.google.com/search?q=conrad+ ... _2GPswylqM

https://m.imgur.com/5rLWgic

Compare the two photos and then say he is not carrying extra timber. It is blatantly obvious.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:42 pm

I think this thread is an insult to Logan.

Basically it's questioning his professionalism, and is an insult to someone who clearly shows passion for MTFC.

If it was questioning a players race or sexual orientation it would have been removed.

Questioning someone's body size is almost as bad.

Moderators please consider removing it!
Last edited by Amber Andy on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:46 pm

Big yella wrote:https://www.google.com/search?q=conrad+logan&client=tablet-android-acer&prmd=insv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_iaWHrLfjAhURrHEKHbW9Ah0Q_AUIFygB&biw=602&bih=964#imgrc=f9QJ_2GPswylqM

https://m.imgur.com/5rLWgic

Compare the two photos and then say he is not carrying extra timber. It is blatantly obvious.

So what! ( By the way I've not bothered looking ).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:48 pm

Amber Andy wrote:I think this thread is an insult to Logan.

Basically it's questioning his professionalism, and is an insult to someone who clearly shows passion for MTFC.

And perhaps turning up for pre season that overweight is an insult to his employers, his teammates and us fans.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:49 pm

some folk on here'll not be happy till he's gone :oops:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:50 pm

Big yella wrote:

And perhaps turning up for pre season that overweight is an insult to his employers, his teammates and us fans.
Surely that's up to the manager to question.

Are you now questioning John Dempster's professionalism ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Are you now questioning John Dempstet's professionalism ?

Oh stop being prissy, Andy!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Spiritater wrote:some folk on here'll not be happy till he's gone :oops:

I don't want him gone mate, just slimmer.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:53 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Couldn't have put it better.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:55 pm

Big yella wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Couldn't have put it better.

Totally unnecessary thread Edders.

Thing is you've hooked the moaners.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:11 pm

If it was questioning a players race or sexual orientation it would have been removed.

Ridiculous post Andy.

Whether you agree or not, someone’s weight could clearly effect on pitch performance, whereas sexuality and race have nothing to do with on pitch performance.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:17 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Ridiculous post Andy.

Whether you agree or not, someone’s weight could clearly effect on pitch performance, whereas sexuality and race have nothing to do with on pitch performance.

So you think it's perfectly acceptable to ridicule some ones body shape ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Ridiculous post Andy.

Not ridicule no, but I see no issue with criticising if they feel it is effecting his performance.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:24 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Ridiculous post Andy.

Not ridicule no, but I see no issue with criticising if they feel it is effecting his performance.

I suggest you read the original posting on this thread.

Furthermore what evidence is there to suggest it is effecting his performance.

Players have strict fitness regimes and are checked during the close season. Are you seriously suggesting that John Dempster has not been monitoring the players and has welcomed someone back to the squad who has made himself unfit due to overeating ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:32 pm

I didn’t suggest it had, I was defending other’s rights to have an opinion.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:39 pm

Matters such as race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability etc. are protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
Matters such as, for example, being considered fat, or ugly or bald are not protected in the same way.
I think we need a sense of perspective here. Conrad Logan is a professional athlete and if he is in any way 'over-weight' such that it might affect his sporting performance, then it will inevitably be under scrutiny.
Personally, i don't care what he looks like or what he weighs - as long as he commands his area, is reliable with handling crosses & shots and doesn't make many mistakes.
P.S. Just seen the videos from Portugal - for what its worth, I don't think there are any issues. He is a big guy and looks the same as last season.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:00 pm

Vice President wrote:

Matters such as race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability etc. are protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
Matters such as, for example, being considered fat, or ugly or bald are not protected in the same way.
I think we need a sense of perspective here. Conrad Logan is a professional athlete and if he is in any way 'over-weight' such that it might affect his sporting performance, then it will inevitably be under scrutiny.
Personally, i don't care what he looks like or what he weighs - as long as he commands his area, is reliable with handling crosses & shots and doesn't make many mistakes.
P.S. Just seen the videos from Portugal - for what its worth, I don't think there are any issues. He is a big guy and looks the same as last season.

If you’re right, his jersey at Alfreton was fitted with airbags!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:10 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Ridiculous post Andy.

I suggest you read the original posting on this thread.

Furthermore what evidence is there to suggest it is effecting his performance.

Players have strict fitness regimes and are checked during the close season. Are you seriously suggesting that John Dempster has not been monitoring the players and has welcomed someone back to the squad who has made himself unfit due to overeating ?

Yes you are correct that's why I said questioning a person's body size is almost has bad! Having said that, it doesn't take away the fact that it is an insult.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum