{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:51 pm

Anyone think he’s Kevin Pressman.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:17 pm

:lol:
my name is jonas wrote:Logan gets far too much stick imo.

One of if not the best shot stopper I’ve seen in a stags shirt. I am probably one of the few who prefer him to Olejnik.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:07 am

NG17_stag wrote::lol:
my name is jonas wrote:Logan gets far too much stick imo.

One of if not the best shot stopper I’ve seen in a stags shirt. I am probably one of the few who prefer him to Olejnik.

Wow
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:47 am

Can’t beat a good old fashioned Stagsnet lynch mob.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:42 am

bellwhiff wrote:Can’t beat a good old fashioned Stagsnet lynch mob.

Lynch mob or just a differing opinions?

Some folk rate Logan some don't, some rate Danny Rose some don't, some rated Flitcroft some didn't.

It's how a discussion forum functions. You have an opinion and you voice it, giving your reasons for that opinion and then other poster will agree or disagree and those who disagree my give their opinion on why your opinion is drivel. And so on and so forth.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:09 am

Happy with Logan in goal currently and agree he needs not to be a topic of hate on here.
Very experienced keeper and makes some very decent saves and well good enough for our current standard.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:16 am

The problem is that people are very selective and biased towards certain players, Conrad Logan finished the season very strongly and in the main has been pretty good, he makes a few mistakes but he's human and a league 2 keeper but people want to crucify him and almost can't wait for him to make a mistake so they can jump on him.

And yet at the other end we have a striker who hasn't scored a competitive goal since god was a lad and the majority still chant and sing his name and won't hear a bad word said against him.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:22 am

Have to agree with this Bellwhiff. I'm not sure why people think it's ok to have a go at a player on a personal basis. He has been nothing short of a very good league 2 goalkeeper and his shot stopping is exceptional for our level. Some of the "analysis" on offer relating to goalkeeping technique is comical.

I have been embarrassed reading this board lately. We have had blatant sexism on the womens football thread and misogony about our CEO on the transfer threads, not to mention regularly coming across the odd racist or homophobic comment.

Now we are body shaming our players!

It doesn't matter what your size or shape is, you can either perform or not perform. Ask Anthony Joshua.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:39 am

Alwaysa5tag wrote:The problem is that people are very selective and biased towards certain players, Conrad Logan finished the season very strongly and in the main has been pretty good, he makes a few mistakes but he's human and a league 2 keeper but people want to crucify him and almost can't wait for him to make a mistake so they can jump on him.

And yet at the other end we have a striker who hasn't scored a competitive goal since god was a lad and the majority still chant and sing his name and won't hear a bad word said against him.

I agree with that.

No player should be beyond criticism, if it's justified, and no player should be exepmt from praise either.

BUT everyone sees the game differently.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:45 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:

Have to agree with this Bellwhiff. I'm not sure why people think it's ok to have a go at a player on a personal basis. He has been nothing short of a very good league 2 goalkeeper and his shot stopping is exceptional for our level. Some of the "analysis" on offer relating to goalkeeping technique is comical.

I have been embarrassed reading this board lately. We have had blatant sexism on the womens football thread and misogony about our CEO on the transfer threads, not to mention regularly coming across the odd racist or homophobic comment.

It doesn't matter what your size or shape is, you can either perform or not perform. Ask Anthony Joshua.

Being overweight absolutely does matter for a professional footballer. The days of fat footballers have gone.

Keeper can carry more timber than an outfield player, but the still have be agile enough to do the job to the best of their abilty.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:48 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:

You agree with Bellcheese and yet hes been exposed as "a body shamer", how very predictably selective and hypocritical
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:29 am

Conrad is suffering the same abuse on here as Matt Rhead did a few years back. Conrad (as is Rheady) an excellent player who can comfortably compete at this level, and getting on the back of our current number one keeper before a ball has even been kicked is baffling
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Big yella » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:56 am

Conrad is a decent league 2 keeper, and like all league 2 keepers he has his weaknesses. As we all know his are crosses and either being rooted to his line and when he’s not, having a mad rush of blood a charging out when he has no need to. I’m perfectly willing to have him in goal until Bobby is fit.

However, having seen him at Retford and actually playing on Saturday I’m sorry but for a professional footballer he is grossly overweight. No pro athlete should have those love handles and moobs in this day and age. Get him to Paul Nylands trainer if nothing else is working.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:00 pm

Why what Paul's trainer do? Tell him not to eat or bang him on the wrong diet. Lol laughable at best.
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Grendon Stag » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Sneag wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:

Being overweight absolutely does matter for a professional footballer. The days of fat footballers have gone.

Keeper can carry more timber than an outfield player, but the still have be agile enough to do the job to the best of their abilty.

Having been lucky enough to watch the keepers train out in Portugal Logan is more than agile enough to do his job.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:32 pm

Who’s really bashing Logan. It’s a forum fgs grow up.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Yet a lot on here would welcome Akinfenwa!

Logan and Davies seem to be the fall guys this season and we ain't kicked off yet.

Only on Stagsnet.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Being big is Akinfenwa’s (and Rhead’s) game. It makes them good at what they do. There’s no part of Logan’s size that gives him an advantage, apart from the ridiculous comment on here that there’s less of the goal to aim at. If he was normal sized his game would improve no doubt, including being able to accelerate off his line quicker.
Amber Andy wrote:Yet a lot on here would welcome Akinfenwa!

Logan and Davies seem to be the fall guys this season and we ain't kicked off yet.

Only on Stagsnet.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Big yella » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Binghamstag wrote:Why what Paul's trainer do? Tell him not to eat or bang him on the wrong diet. Lol laughable at best.

The last snippet was meant in a light hearted manner, but done on the quick reply you can't use emojis to show this. ;)
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:28 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:

Having been lucky enough to watch the keepers train out in Portugal Logan is more than agile enough to do his job.

And how much more agile would he be if he she'd the obvious 1.5/2 stone excess weight he is carrying.

Like I have said a decent league 2 keeper but this without doubt is something he should be working on.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:32 pm

NG17_stag wrote:Being big is Akinfenwa’s (and Rhead’s) game. It makes them good at what they do. There’s no part of Logan’s size that gives him an advantage, apart from the ridiculous comment on here that there’s less of the goal to aim at. If he was normal sized his game would improve no doubt, including being able to accelerate off his line quicker.
Amber Andy wrote:Yet a lot on here would welcome Akinfenwa!

Only on Stagsnet.

I think you have forgotten some of the saves he has made, particularly the one against Newport away.

We've had athletic looking keepers over the years, nowhere near as good as Logan.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:35 pm

I think we should've been looking for a keeper this summer. I know we've signed Stone but I mean someone more established.

I don't rate Logan and there is no guarantee that Bobby will be the same player following injury.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:36 pm

Big yella wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:

And how much more agile would he be if he she'd the obvious 1.5/2 stone excess weight he is carrying.

Like I have said a decent league 2 keeper but this without doubt is something he should be working on.

You are assuming he isn't workin on his weight.

Some people are naturally big, Akinfenwa is a prime example. Do you suggest he should shed a few pounds ? Or is it just a case of having a moan ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:40 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I think we should've been looking for a keeper this summer. I know we've signed Stone but I mean someone more established.

I don't rate Logan and there is no guarantee that Bobby will be the same player following injury.

That would mean we would have four keepers on our books!

I know we are supposed to be on a high budget for league two, but even JR has limits.

I can't understand this downer on Logan before a serious ball has been kicked this season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I think we should've been looking for a keeper this summer. I know we've signed Stone but I mean someone more established.

That would mean we would have four keepers on our books!

I know we are supposed to be on a high budget for league two, but even JR has limits.

I can't understand this downer on Logan before a serious ball has been kicked this season.

Instead of signing Stone, I meant, but he won't be on much money anyway.

You seem to forget we have seen Logan for the last two years, not just the two games last week.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum