{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Alfreton scorethread sponsored by debut thread post for FTS

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Alfreton scorethread sponsored by debut thread post for

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:37 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
WVStag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:Right back was jack Hickman who’s just been fined two weeks wages and transfer listed for a video in which he was seen doing “drugs” and calling cov fans.

I was terrified it was him when I saw the picture. fgs.

just seen the video on line, what a complete tool :roll:

He's messed up big time. One he's not that good, only been onloan to non league, and now he's made a fool of himself. Will be stacking shelf's on Tesco soon
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:59 am

And yet Martin said in the report they might look at him again.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:09 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:JD probably only has this one chance to make it as a League manager. He needs to bring in players who are ready to hit the ground running otherwise he could be out of a job in 6 months time. He does not have time to be trying to sort out players with issues/problems.

There is an excellent interview with Nathan Jones on D3D4 where he says that most managers do not have time to work with players with problems because if the manager does not get instant results then he could be gone within 3-6 months (or even shorter). I thought it was a fair point to make. He said this is why he researches a player's character in depth before signing them.

Players with problems suit managers who know they have a bit more time to get results e.g. John Coleman at Accrington. He was prepared to take a punt on Billy Kee which worked well for him although I think Billy has been having a few problems again recently. Clubs with lower budgets might also take a punt on signing a quality player with problems who they would not normally have a chance of signing if the player was problem free.

Jack Hickman might be better off dropping down into non-league where he may find a manager who has a bit more job security to risk working with problem players.

We've already had to get rid of players like Adam Chapman who had drug problems and were deemed to be a bad influence. As the All Blacks say, "No Dickheads!"

Brilliant thread TTF......despite all the support on here from various quarters the truth is that JD has to deliver and to survive beyond Christmas. Equal numbers of supporters are as nervous at this untried untested manager as are those that support him come what may. He won't have or get time.....that's the reality of the situation.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:28 am

Hoping we get to see more of Dempsters blueprint when we're playing the better opposition. Not really been clear what the style of play will be so far. Not seen Donohue obviously, but not a fan of the 4-4-2 with the CM's we've got.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:31 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:And yet Martin said in the report they might look at him again.

Talking to a friend who is Coventry City fan, he says that he has not been trouble before and he rates him as a good player. Ultimately, it comes down to whether he is a bad apple (which as TTF says is not a good choice for a rookie manager) or a young lad who made a very stupid and very public mistake. A highly chastised player who thinks he has lost everything could be a good person to pick up.

Ultimately it comes down to whether he is trouble or just got into trouble which was only discovered due to social media.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:45 am

His Wikipedia is savage. Quote: "Jack Hickman is a "professional" footballer..." OUCH. Can't say as I've ever seen that before.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:51 am

It was a stupid thing he did but let’s be honest their be worser things players have done in football.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:52 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:And yet Martin said in the report they might look at him again.

Talking to a friend who is Coventry City fan, he says that he has not been trouble before and he rates him as a good player. Ultimately, it comes down to whether he is a bad apple (which as TTF says is not a good choice for a rookie manager) or a young lad who made a very stupid and very public mistake. A highly chastised player who thinks he has lost everything could be a good person to pick up.

Ultimately it comes down to whether he is trouble or just got into trouble which was only discovered due to social media.

Ah! Social Media - It’s the Devil’s work.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:34 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:It was a stupid thing he did but let’s be honest their be worser things players have done in football.

He's a strawberry. Get him gone the arrogant waster
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:01 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:It was a stupid thing he did but let’s be honest their be worser things players have done in football.

He's a strawberry. Get him gone the arrogant waster

Not condoning it, but everyone done stupid things when they was young. That and he has apologised so pretty sure he won’t do it again.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:24 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:Right back was jack Hickman who’s just been fined two weeks wages and transfer listed for a video in which he was seen doing “drugs” and calling cov fans.

We don't need bad eggs like him in the dressing room. Move on JD.

Didn't Adam Murry come.with a Drugs problem n he became a fans favourite.

Billy Kee had/has a drug problem n he's Accrington fans favourite
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:29 pm

SINA STAG wrote:

Murray was drink problem.

Kee was depression.

No drugs involved as far as I’m aware and they’d probably be annoyed to think people thought it was drugs related.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Dave Caldwell liked ‘a’ pint to say the least. Didn’t stop him becoming a firm favourite of many and a hero of others.

Whatever indiscretions Murray, Caldwell etc did was never revealed by social media. Give the lad a break and trust in the Management team to make the correct decision.

Only so that, quite a few on here, could say in the coming months, after managing to type as they ride their high horses, ‘I told you so’. :lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:57 pm

SINA STAG wrote:

Not sure Billy will be playing football much longer though. He has gone AWOL. He hasn't reported back to Accrington this season and still hasn't been in touch.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Stoney wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

Not sure Billy will be playing football much longer though. He has gone AWOL. He hasn't reported back to Accrington this season and still hasn't been in touch.

He suffers from severe depression, saying he's got a drug problem is a bit stupid. I hope hes getting the support he needs. Him opening up about it helped alot of people
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Stoney wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:

AWOL: Absent Without Leave

Sure Accrington released a statement saying he could have as long as he needed or words to that effect..
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:48 pm

I know what AWOL means.

Accrington said the following:

A number of fans have asked why striker Billy Kee isn’t on any of our pre-season photographs.

Billy didn’t report back in pre-season due to personal reasons and we have no further information at this time.
When we have an update, we will let people know.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:07 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Cook moans more than me lol

Well, you've got all summer to practice & get moan fit :lol:

Personally though, i think you're doing yourself a disservice my owd Yorkshire pud bud ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum