{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby Sneag » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:13 am

The timber he's carrying isn't the issue, it's his erratic decision making that is.

All keepers at this level have a weakness, that's why they are playing at this level, but Conrad's weakness is the hardest for a defence to compensate for.

On form he's okay, but than that. Pulling off a worldy in a game is fine and looks great for the camera, but it's all for nought if the next thing you do is punch a catchable cross or give a stupid penalty away through a rush of blood.

Keepers who get the basics right have to make fewer great saves because their starting position makes their job easier.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:26 am

fgs the season hasn't even started and we have a hate Logan thread started, how pathetic.

Conrad saved us on many occasions last season, far more game saving situations than game losing ones. If he didn't have any faults he wouldn't be playing in League 2. A very decent keeper in my opinion whom we all should support.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:26 am

ala Lincoln & Newport games :banghead:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:33 am

yorkshire stag wrote:ala Lincoln & Newport games :banghead:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably our best player in both Newport games and didn't put a foot wrong at MKD either but hey lets forget about the outfield players failures.
I assume above you are talking about the penalty incidents, the latter proven beyond any doubt wasn't a penalty but lets not worry about factual information :roll:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:42 am

pemill wrote:

Probably our best player in both Newport games and didn't put a foot wrong at MKD either but hey lets forget about the outfield players failures.
I assume above you are talking about the penalty incidents, the latter proven beyond any doubt wasn't a penalty but lets not worry about factual information :roll:

Had a great game at Newport, then gave away a senseless penalty. Conrad in a nutshell.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:57 am

Sneag wrote:
pemill wrote:

Had a great game at Newport, then gave away a senseless penalty. Conrad in a nutshell.

Logan 7.5 Brilliant one-handed save from a shot from Sheehan from 23 yards, to add to the list of his superb saves from the first leg. Several other decent saves and solid handling. Wasn’t far away from saving Amond’s spot kick but couldn’t keep any of them out.

Logan 9 Outstanding game, with three really good saves in addition to the save from the penalty which was incorrectly given against him. If ever a goalkeeper deserved a clean sheet, and to win a game, this was it.

Logan 8 Made some good saves to keep the Stags in the game, including superb save from Agard 1-on-1.

Logan 8 Two excellent saves in the first half, and remarkably an assist for Mansfield’s goal

Logan 6.5 Superb save 1-on-1 with Lang. Not at fault for the goals.

Logan 7 Two brave saves, both of which he got injured from. Little else to do.

Logan 5.5 Foley got in front of Logan and Preston to head in from 3 yards for the goal, and both players could have done better.

Logan 8 Crucial fine save in the final minute and good handling throughout the game.

Logan 6.5 Solid. No chance with the goal. A couple of decent catches. No shots to save. One poor clearance put the side under pressure.

Logan 5 Had been faultless since returning to the side at Crawley, including for nearly an hour here, but then dropped a cross at the feet of Anderson which he just got away with, and then got his timing all wrong with Anderson going nowhere to concede the critical penalty. Before that, made some good stops and catches from crosses.

Logan 7 Restored to the starting line up for the first time since 5th January, and kept a clean sheet. Pulled off two good saves in quick succession in the first half, both low to his left.

Average 7.09

No selective picking of reports here, all his games including the Lincoln game since getting back into the side. Pick out of it what you want to slag him off and justify your biased opinion towards him. There won't be many players who averaged 7 or over in the latter stages of the season. Notably when it really mattered Conrad delivered averaged 8.1, Newport x 2, MKD & Stevenage - nuff said, over and out!
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:05 am

Let's leave it to Demps and his team to assess and decide on the team, Billy Sharp is constantly derided about his weight, scores goals enough said.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:31 am

I won't comment on Logan as my feelings are well known, but if we're having a go at those carrying timber, there's a couple of outfield players who the tight fitting shirts are doing no favours either.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:34 am

Nothing wrong with criticising players, but don’t think many on here would say it directly to them :lol:
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:37 am

Logan gets far too much stick imo.

One of if not the best shot stopper I’ve seen in a stags shirt. I am probably one of the few who prefer him to Olejnik.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:49 am

I don’t think anyone is doubting his abilities (and occasional weaknesses) and it is clear that Conrad is a big fella who is NEVER gonna be slender. That said, he HAS acquired some blubber since last season and my point was that, as a professional athlete, he should be disappointed.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:54 am

gazza1988 wrote:Bigger the keeper, smaller the gap a striker can score in.

You've never played 6 a side with Gibbo in your net then
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:52 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:he’s deffo bigger than last season to be sure, to be sure !!!
I saw him stood next to the dugout at the Retford game. He seemed in good shape to me.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:09 pm

pemill wrote:

Forget it. He picks the ones he doesn't like and carries it regardless of performance. Logan was also our player of the season.

He's a good keeper.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Unfortunately, for some posters, a player is only as good as his last bad game. The same can be said the other way too.

I think it is more telling that the only criticism people can chuck at him is based on his appearance
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:05 pm

No its not people have constantly moaned about his inability to deal with crosses and his recklesness coming of his line
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:19 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Logan performed superbly at the end of last season, and has started well in pre-season.

For a professional athlete Logan is embarrassingly overweight, and if you can't admit it then any credibility of your reporting being unbiased is shot.

Embarrassingly overweight?

I’m 55 years old, my living is not dependent on my physical condition and his love handles are as big as mine, yes embarrassingly overweight.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:26 pm

Overall Olejnik is the better of the two keepers imo.Logan is a physical presence more so than Bobby.Bobby seems to be a safer pair of hands.Logan was very unlucky to concede the penalty as he got to the ball first.Logan will be the ist choice until Bobby gets fit.He will know that a couple of mistakes leading to goals will open the door.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:46 pm

Big yella wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Logan performed superbly at the end of last season, and has started well in pre-season.

For a professional athlete Logan is embarrassingly overweight, and if you can't admit it then any credibility of your reporting being unbiased is shot.

I’m 55 years old, my living is not dependent on my physical condition and his love handles are as big as mine, yes embarrassingly overweight.

Only 55?? Must have been dark when I saw you yesterday
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:41 pm

Embarrassing thread.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:47 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Embarrassing thread.

Like when you singled Briscoe out at Ebbsfleet away for being overweight...
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:

That’s because he was.

Logan isn’t.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Should of gone to specsavers
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:16 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Only 55?? Must have been dark when I saw you yesterday

And I think Craig's mirrors are broken :D :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:20 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:

That’s because he was.

Logan isn’t.

Belly take a look at the team photo at the start of the Alfreton match report thread.

P.S. Zoom in the on the photo after as well.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum