{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Conrad Logan

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:46 pm

He seems have enjoyed the Portuguese cuisine!

Joking aside, he is clearly significantly overweight and provides a very poor advertisement for a professional footballer and for MTFC’s fitness programmes.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Logan performed superbly at the end of last season, and has started well in pre-season.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:00 pm

he’s certainly not any slimmer that’s for sure
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:02 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:He seems have enjoyed the Portuguese cuisine!

Joking aside, he is clearly significantly overweight and provides a very poor advertisement for a professional footballer and for MTFC’s fitness programmes.

I wasn't there today but have watched the goalkeeper training videos on iFollow and he seemed to be working very hard. Perhaps Stevo doctored it and use CGI because the truth would be a poor advertisement for our fitness programmes
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Hes big boned says me mam
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:14 pm

The only thing conrad could catch would be cold ,but i like him
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:17 pm

He could be as large as Neville Southall is now, if he performs well this season!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Mahooosive moobs & love handles. He maybe working hard in training but he looks like he's on the pie & Guinness diet at night.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:23 pm

Bigger the keeper, smaller the gap a striker can score in.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:31 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Bigger the keeper, smaller the gap a striker can score in.

The slower they get down to those tricky shots in the bottom corner, the more weight to get off the ground for them tricky shots in the top corner, the slower they sre coming off the line.

He's a professional footballet fer fick sake, he's got bigger tits than our lass.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:44 pm

Sneag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Bigger the keeper, smaller the gap a striker can score in.

The slower they get down to those tricky shots in the bottom corner, the more weight to get off the ground for them tricky shots in the top corner, the slower they sre coming off the line.

He's a professional footballet fer fick sake, he's got bigger tits than our lass.

:lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:45 pm

“Conrad tits it around the post”. I can hear it now :hysteria:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Yes let's fire up another anti Conrad thread :roll:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:51 pm

I met Conrad and had my arm around him after a training session. His body was hard as iron and he’s not fat at all..why do people love to put others down..? Look up the word support ?? It seems to be lacking .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Completely agree with this post. He might pull of a good save now and again but his size says he’s not taking this game seriously. How long until we see him rushing off his line in slow motion before giving away a penalty. Whether he’s an outfield player or keeper, it’s his job to stay in shape. He would no doubt be a better keeper if he was fit. The size he currently is shows to me he’s not at all interested.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:36 pm

Logan is a competent league 2 keeper.

We all know olejnik (Spl) is quite obviously the better keeper and will keep the shirt until he’s fit.

When Bobby is fit it’s pretty obvious he’d take the gloves again.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:07 am

Martin Shaw wrote:Logan performed superbly at the end of last season, and has started well in pre-season.

For a professional athlete Logan is embarrassingly overweight, and if you can't admit it then any credibility of your reporting being unbiased is shot.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:41 am

Big yella wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Logan performed superbly at the end of last season, and has started well in pre-season.

For a professional athlete Logan is embarrassingly overweight, and if you can't admit it then any credibility of your reporting being unbiased is shot.

Embarrassingly overweight?
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:07 am

he’s deffo bigger than last season to be sure, to be sure !!!
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:11 am

georgefostersbeard wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Embarrassingly overweight?

Logan looking fit from the training video posted above
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:10 am

Big yella wrote:

He's a good keeper, he's a bit unorthodox but he's a good keeper. There's been a lot of highlight this week on similar professional sports stars who don't fit the usual, Mundial did a great article.... Cricketers that are overweight and stumpy but always take amazing catches in the slips, Peter crouch whos 6'7 but could strike a sweet volley and had a golden first touch, a fat gymnast that won a world championship and a 5'2 NBA player.

If your embarrassed by Logan then don't come and watch. He showed why he's a professional in the playoffs.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:30 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Big yella wrote:

He's a good keeper, he's a bit unorthodox but he's a good keeper. There's been a lot of highlight this week on similar professional sports stars who don't fit the usual, Mundial did a great article.... Cricketers that are overweight and stumpy but always take amazing catches in the slips, Peter crouch whos 6'7 but could strike a sweet volley and had a golden first touch, a fat gymnast that won a world championship and a 5'2 NBA player.

If your embarrassed by Logan then don't come and watch. He showed why he's a professional in the playoffs.

So, Sedgers ..... you think it is wrong to make honest criticism?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:38 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Big yella wrote:

So, Sedgers ..... you think it is wrong to make honest criticism?

He's a goalkeeper, he's a good goalkeeper, as long as he does well I don't care if you think he's overweight
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:57 am

Logan’s OK in my opinion, nothing more nothing less. He’s a good shot stopper but that’s a fundamental for a goalkeeper, every keeper in the league makes some great saves throughout a season.

I still feel uncomfortable when he comes for crosses and even more so when he comes off his line when the opposition plays a ball in behind as he has made the same error numerous times. That said he’s a good option as a second keeper.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:57 am

Spiritater wrote:Yes let's fire up another anti Conrad thread :roll:

I don’t think this is an Anti-Conrad thread at all. Someone questioned wether he was overweight that’s all and folk get depressingly defensive. I saw the funny side, hence my post. Conrad has made some of the most astounding saves I’ve ever seen while being a Stag, but also some bloopers. He’s a very good league 2 goalkeeper and will get my support.
Lighten up people!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum