{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

“The 92 For Autism” Fundraising Event

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: “The 92 For Autism” Fundraising Event

Postby The92ForAutism » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:08 pm

Port Vale is a 15 minute drive from my front door & I am finishing off at Stoke City Which is a 20 minute drive in the opposite direction :)
The92ForAutism
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:32 pm

Iliketrains wrote:Hey Pete.

Cheers for the offer mate. It's really great and kind that you want to help.

However.

It should be the football club that is helping me get to more games though and not you. It should be the football club taking suggestions about how they can make their club more accessible to autistic fans and not you and it should be the football club who should be making it easier for me to sort out tickets and not you.

They don't so i don't go much anymore.

Thanks anyway Pete. Appreciated.

don't forget that Danielle, the supporter liaison from the football club, offered to meet you or talk to you on the phone to help you. I'm sure that offer is open for as long as you like or need.

Hope you can get something sorted.

By the way Pete, that is such a super offer you made.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby HU7stag » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Iliketrains wrote:HU7stag i will try and clarify a best i can. I appreciate it's a lot to take in. It certainly is for me and i've been learning about this stuff for ages! :D

Clubs aren't necessarily contravening the equality act by not having sensory rooms so apologies if i gave that impression. Clubs do however run the risk of being in breach and potentially taken to court by an individual(s) if they don't believe that adequate provision is being made for them because of their autism, or indeed any other 'condition' included in that act.

As for the nuts and bolts of any said provision, i'd imagine it could be quite ambiguous and variable due to autism being on a 'spectrum' and thus something that one person with autism requires due to difficulties may not be required of another person with autism. However, each persons individual requirements must be reasonably accommodated by the football club.

For example. If i require the seat next to me to be empty due to the stress caused by having to sit directly next to a stranger then clubs should accommodate this at no extra charge and basically allow me to book 2 seats for the price of 1. Currently if you are disabled and in receipt of benefits like Personal Independence Payment then all clubs allow you to purchase a seat and then get the seat next to you free. Usually this is for a carer that can accompany the disabled person however this also still allows the disabled person to have 2 seats for the price of 1 even if the carer isn't present.

For people with autism who also require this same level of accommodation of that afforded to disabled people, it becomes instantly more problematic because autism isn't necessarily classed as a blanket disability in itself and thus those of us at the higher functioning end of the spectrum usually fall between two stools in the fact that we aren't deemed severe enough to be awarded PIP in order to obtain the free carers / empty seat yet our challenges are severe enough to stop us doing what we want to do and going where we want to go. That includes football matches.

Because a lot of people with autism don't have any obvious disabilities then they are discriminated against because they have hidden disabilities. Their difficulties cannot be seen.

My argument is that each person with an autism diagnosis should be treated the same as somebody who is registered disabled in terms of the Equality Act 2010 therefore if somebody ISN'T in receipt of PIP but has an NHS autism diagnosis (which isn't easy to get by the way - especially as an adult) then they should still be allowed a free seat if they pay for 1. Either for accompaniment from a friend or someone they know and are comfortable with or for the seat to be empty so they don't have to sit next to a stranger.

There are a lot of clubs who use their discretion and do stipulate that they are more than willing to discuss the allowing of free carer tickets even if you don't get disability benefit which is commendable but IMO they ALL should be doing it as a matter of protocol to comply with the Equality Act as that act states people with autism should have the same rights as disabled people. So in that respect HU7stag you are spot on. The majority of football clubs are contravening the Equality Act IMO.

If a disabled person gets a free ticket for a carer then so should a person with autism as one is not 'more worthy' than another which is currently how most football clubs see things and clearly it is discriminatory.

This particular example isn't just about getting a free ticket. It's about providing reasonable adjustments to people with autism under the Equality Act which are comparable to the adjustments made for disabled people to allow them to access football matches.

I have paid for 2 tickets in the past just so i can ensure the one next to me stays empty. I appreciate that at lots of grounds there is plenty of space and if i waited until after kick off i might get a seat in an empty area but this creates anxiety from the moment i wake in the morning as it's not planned and it is not guaranteed and is subject to change. Most people with autism plan everything down to the last detail to alleviate stress. Therefore i can't just rock up to the game on the day and decide ad hoc where i'm going to park / sit etc. It all has to be planned as any deviation can create distress.

Even allowing for the fact that i have an end seat and the seat next to me is empty. If i get a group of loutish lads directly behind me then i'd be spending the rest of the match scanning the stand to see where i can relocate to rather than relaxing and spending my energy enjoying the match and i can't rest until i've moved away from that situation. I can accept and cope with certain fans doing and shouting certain things but if it's a group of young lads who are prone to immaturity and acting erratically i cannot tolerate it. If it's a group of blokes who have had a few bevvies then the same applies. I have no control over the behaviour of the supporters around me and that's important. It's not important to be able to control them but to be able to be sat in an area from the start where i can relax and not clock every single fan who walks up near my seat to see if they are likely to be disruptive or not. That's tiring and i cannot usually relax until 10 minutes into a game where everything has settled down and the behaviour of the fans around me becomes predictable and unlikely to force me to move.

This is why i want a small section of stand set aside as a quiet area. Fans in wheelchairs have their own area because obviously they are in wheelchairs and their disability REQUIRES it. Fans with autism don't have their own areas despite their autism REQUIRING it. I don't see the difference.

My only other option is the family stand to virtually guarantee more sedate surroundings but i'd run the risk of looking like Rolf Harris sat in there on my own! No offence intended. Not good though. Not good at all.

Basically all i want from the footy is to be able to go, sit alone and in an area where the other fans around me aren't boisterous. This obviously proves difficult due to the very nature of football matches / crowds etc but these are criteria i require any football club to guarantee under the Equality Act 2010 due to my autism or at the very least make reasonable adjustments to try and accommodate my requirements.

Next time some of you go to the match you'll probably go through the entire day enjoying the pub, the matchday experience, the sandy pate bar, the laugh with mates and not even give a second thought to it all. It will just be just another cracking day out, unless the Stags lose obviously lol and you go home after and don't give it second thought.

Next time i go to the match i'll be sky high with anxiety from waking right through until getting home. I am barely able to do anything in that prolonged state let alone relax and enjoy a football match. Therefore if a lot of this anxiety is reduced due to me knowing in advance that i will be able to have my requirements (as above) met when i attend the footy then i can actually enjoy some of MY day out instead of simply focussing on what others are doing on THEIR day out.

Thanks for the reply, Iliketrains.

Hopefully the football league will get more involved and possibly offer grants to clubs to improve their facilities. And I don't mean spending the money to meet their minimum equality / disabled requirements but to go above and beyond these.

Going back a few seasons ago there were plenty of empty block of seats at the Mill, however, as we've grown and improved as a club and team then so have the attendances. So, now it has become more and more difficult to find an empty or quieter block. I don't how teams that sell out all the time would provide a quieter area where you could sit apart from other supporters.

I hope you get this sorted with the club and as Martin has pointed out opening a line of communication with the supporter liaison officer, maybe PM her on stagsnet if you don't want to speak to her face to face or on the phone?

Click on the following link and you should be able PM Danielle SLO directly - https://stagsnet.net/phpBB3/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=25969

All the best and luck :)
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:17 pm

Danielle did indeed offer to speak with me to try and help which is and was very much appreciated.

At the time i expressed my views clearly on what i would like to see happen to enable me to access tickets more easily amongst other things, therefore on my part i felt no need for discourse. The issues were clearly spelled out and to help me they needed to be resolved as i stated. If they can't be then i don't really see any need to discuss things further. The club can either help by doing what i recommended or they can't by not doing what i recommended. There is no discussion to be had. It's black and white.

As i didn't hear back from Danielle afterwards, presumably as she felt she wasn't in a position to help and as the club haven't implemented any of the recommendations i submitted that would help then i am to assume that they can't help me after all. Therefore i left it at that. I now generally go to watch other football matches nowadays where my specific needs can be accommodated and ease of obtaining tickets etc is simple and , although i still root for the Stags to win. It's a shame but i don't believe in standing still. If i can't be helped then i'll go elsewhere. I still have a love of watching live football.

It's a shame but the way it's panned out unfortunately. Thanks anyway Martin and Pete (again).

In reply to HU7stag whose post i've only just seen. The problem of the big clubs setting aside a quieter area i am aware of. If they sell out every week then where is the space to implement this initiative? Also they can't be leaving empty seats spare as no doubt each empty seat will cost them a lot of money. I do see that issue and it's something that needs discussing, however this doesn't excuse the fact that i feel it still needs to be done.

Perhaps as a compromise, clubs could offer an area for adults which acts as a quiet area and therefore those people who sit in there actively want to just sit and observe the match without jumping up and down or getting too involved. Even if a club implemented this then i might be able to manage with it. Even if i have to sit next to stranger. Part of the problem is not knowing how the fans next to me / near to me and in my immediate vicinity are going to behave at the match and if fans who actively choose to sit in these areas effectively are aware that the rules state that it should be akin to a library then i know in advance the fans i am to be seated around aren't going to cause me distress.

That could work for a lot of autistic people i think.

I think the main bugbear of mine is not being able to pre book seats in ALL blocks of both stands. Restricting blocks and seats like this only serves to limit the choice of pre bookable seats online to the point where there is not much point in looking at availability because all / most of the seats i would prefer are either sold or can't be booked. You can't even book a season ticket for the IG wings can you?

I just think it's barmy that's all and is a massive hindrance to fans like me.

I accept that there can't be that many Stags fans requiring such accommodations but that doesn't mean they should not be made. Change has to start somewhere.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Iliketrains wrote:Danielle did indeed offer to speak with me to try and help which is and was very much appreciated.

At the time i expressed my views clearly on what i would like to see happen to enable me to access tickets more easily amongst other things, therefore on my part i felt no need for discourse. The issues were clearly spelled out and to help me they needed to be resolved as i stated. If they can't be then i don't really see any need to discuss things further. The club can either help by doing what i recommended or they can't by not doing what i recommended. There is no discussion to be had. It's black and white.

As i didn't hear back from Danielle afterwards, presumably as she felt she wasn't in a position to help and as the club haven't implemented any of the recommendations i submitted that would help then i am to assume that they can't help me after all. Therefore i left it at that. I now generally go to watch other football matches nowadays where my specific needs can be accommodated and ease of obtaining tickets etc is simple and , although i still root for the Stags to win. It's a shame but i don't believe in standing still. If i can't be helped then i'll go elsewhere. I still have a love of watching live football.

It's a shame but the way it's panned out unfortunately. Thanks anyway Martin and Pete (again).

Just to clarify, this is a supporters message board where supporters exchange views. It is not intended to be a forum for discussing matters directly with the club.

Danielle offered to talk to you in person or on phone, or exchange via email. It doesn't seem right to me to simply assume that Danielle is not in a position to help you without talking to her. The ball is in your court - she made the offer.

Good luck! I hope you can sort something out with her.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Iliketrains » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Martin. I believe this is one such instance that serves as an example to others of the frustration i face due to a difference in thinking from others . I'm not having a go at you but you aren't understanding what i'm saying.

It doesn't seem right to YOU to simply assume that Danielle is not in a position to help without talking to her but to ME it does seem right and you seem to want me to agree with you that it doesn't seem right because that is the way that YOU see things. I informed her of my requirements and heard nothing back from her or the club which is fair enough. I'm not criticizing Danielle here at all, just pointing out that nobody has been able to address my recommendations and therefore i cannot be helped.

I don't need to speak to Danielle or anyone because i've already pointed out on here what would help me and nothing has been done and i have not heard back from anyone. Therefore what am i to assume? That i can be helped? If nobody is coming on here and telling me for example that i can now pre book tickets for any stand and any block at the Wonk then it' because it can't be done. If it could they'd have done it and allowed me to.

In your mind there could be myriad possibilities as to why Danielle hasn't got back to me and i understand that and acknowledge that but in my mind there is only one possibility and that's the fact that my requests cannot be met. I would appreciate it if you could respect that thought process as it's the most likely explanation that i am able to reach.

The ball is in her court. Not mine. She made the offer. I then informed her what i would like to see happen in order to help. She asked me to contact her but failed to confirm whether my requests would be implemented. I refused to contact her as there is no point. The club either act on what i requested and help me or don't. There isn't any room for negotiation therefore no need to discuss things. I think we could go round in circles for a very long time about this lol.

Anyway Martin, thanks for the kind words and i take on board your points about what the forum is supposed to be used for. Thanks again.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:51 pm

By writing something on a supporters message board, you don't put the ball in the club's court. That's just not how a supporters message board works, whether you, me or anyone else wants.

But we are going around in circles. I wish you good luck.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:30 am

I think this is the main issue here.

Folk with Autism think there is only one way to ‘skin a cat’ and that it is their way, whereas ‘normal’ folk look at alternatives in order to get to a win-win solution.

How we get a problem solved with a person with autism might be to go with their idea so that trust can be built up and then conversations could then start to happen. If their solution/idea can’t be implemented then it should be widely shared so we all know why.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:19 am

part time pete wrote:I think this is the main issue here.

Folk with Autism think there is only one way to ‘skin a cat’ and that it is their way, whereas ‘normal’ folk look at alternatives in order to get to a win-win solution.

How we get a problem solved with a person with autism might be to go with their idea so that trust can be built up and then conversations could then start to happen. If their solution/idea can’t be implemented then it should be widely shared so we all know why.

This is the nail hit firmly on the head Pete. Thank you so much for actually understanding one of the key deficits of having autism. A lot of autistic people don't see it as a deficit but i do because not everything in life is black and white although we are convinced they are.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Iliketrains » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:55 am

I've put my donation in this morning. Anyone else out there please do consider donating. Even if it's only a fiver. I know there are so many people out there doing good things who are also wanting donations and we have to choose carefully who we donate our money to as it doesn't grow on trees but i would hope the football community would rally round to help reach Ians target.

LINK HERE: https://www.gofundme.com/54mhd-the-92-for-autism

By the way Ian. I know it's a ballache but have you considered posting a brief message / information about the challenge on all the clubs individual message boards with a link to donate? A lot of internet users these days IMO are lazy so a link is vital and also many don't seem to have the time and patience to read anything longer than a sentence or two so be concise.

It wouldn't necessarily be quick but it would an easy and free way of reaching out to footy fans and drumming up donations. Most clubs have forums and most you can register quickly and easily and post straight away. I'd also consider National League clubs forums also even though they aren't part of the 92.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The92ForAutism » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:19 pm

Thank you so much for your donation & as originally posted in the original post I will be entering you into the draw for the voucher donated by the club for 2 match day tickets .. :)

What I will say is that I am going to be liaising with clubs about being able to provide an area of support for autistic people to be able to enjoy the match in an area that is suitable for requirements.

Believe me once this fundraising event is done I will be continuing the work by changing the way clubs look to support fans on the autistic spectrum.

I did sign up to fans forums but it’s like you said a lot of time to do all of that which I haven’t got spare, so clubs who have donated to the fundraiser like Mansfield I have signed up to the respective forums, additionally a lot of forums have rules about posting such things ..

You are the only Mansfield supporter to donate so far, so thank you again :)
The92ForAutism
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:39 pm

Done.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The92ForAutism » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:57 pm

Dan wrote:Done.

Thank you Dan for your donation :)
The92ForAutism
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Iliketrains » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:07 pm

That's great to hear Ian. Well done that man!

Also cheers Dan for also getting involved.

If i win the tickets Ian then i'm not really interested in using them tbh so you can send them to Dan if i end up winning them if that's ok? All this has actually made me think a bit and open my eyes a bit more and i have decided i can get my needs met better at other clubs so until that changes i'll continue to go elsewhere for my footy fix.

Also, does anyone know if MTFC have signed the autism charter as i can't find anything that suggests this anywhere on t'internet.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The92ForAutism » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 pm

If you’re sure mate, I’m sure Dan won’t mind ..

Still thank you both for the donations, I am very grateful.

The draw will be done on Saturday at 4pm if anybody else wants in?? ;)
The92ForAutism
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Iliketrains » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:15 pm

Yep sure. No worries.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The92ForAutism » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:05 am

Thank you so much Martin for the donation. You will be entered into the Mansfield Town draw as well. :)
The92ForAutism
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The92ForAutism » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:45 am

Many thanks to Ian Rhodes who has donated to my fundraising event .. Ian will have 3 entries into the prize draw to win the voucher donated by the football club.
The92ForAutism
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The92ForAutism » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:35 pm

Less than 24 hours until the competition ends:

Thank you so far to those who have donated.

Somebody posted the link above if anybody else is interested in participating, your money will go directly to the fundraising link for the 3 organisations I am doing this for ..

Thank you :)
The92ForAutism
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Danielle SLO » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:24 pm

The offer still stands! I am happy to meet with you to discuss your concerns and ways of helping to resolve issues. MTFC has an inclusion group called Football For All. We work alongside Reach, OneWalk and Notts LGBT to make MTFC a level playing field. We support individuals at the stadium and hopefully moving forward in the wider community. I think you would benefit from seeing what we do on a matchday for supporters with additional needs.
Danielle SLO
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The92ForAutism » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:07 pm

Another very kind donation just received .. you know who you are .. Many thanks :)
The92ForAutism
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The92ForAutism » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Thank you so much Edwinstowe for the donation. You will be entered into the draw twice tomorrow.

As a side note .. Mansfield Town fans have really stepped up to this & donated generously.

Kudos to you all who have donated so far
The92ForAutism
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The92ForAutism » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:56 am

Just a reminder Competition closes at 4pm today, I want to thank you so much for the donations received so far, you’ve been class :)
The92ForAutism
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Iliketrains » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:20 am

Danielle SLO wrote:The offer still stands! I am happy to meet with you to discuss your concerns and ways of helping to resolve issues. MTFC has an inclusion group called Football For All. We work alongside Reach, OneWalk and Notts LGBT to make MTFC a level playing field. We support individuals at the stadium and hopefully moving forward in the wider community. I think you would benefit from seeing what we do on a matchday for supporters with additional needs.

That's very kind Danielle but again, i really don't feel there is any point. I do not need support at the stadium. I don't really have additional needs, least in terms of needing any special care on the day. Most of my issues would be solved simply by sorting out the archaic and frankly offputting ticketing system that the club have in operation which currently prohibits me from attending. I can micro manage the rest myself.

I'm unsure who is responsible for the ticketing decisions and stadium decisions but if i was JR then i'd be asking them to seriously consider their position. The whole area of ticketing needs re-evaluating and revamping to bring it in line with most other clubs in the area and to actually make it easier for fans rather than deter them from attending. Which is what we've seen on a few threads on this site already in the recent past. People being so restricted or put off by the ticketing system that they've either gone elsewhere or done something else instead of going to games at Field Mill.

Here are a few recommendations for the football club on how to help me and perhaps help other fans who aren't autistic who just want things made easier:

a) MAKE ALL BLOCKS OF SEATING AVAILABLE FOR FANS TO PRE-BOOK AND UPDATE ACCURACY OF SEATING PLANS.

Being as i am, i like to know well in advance where i will be sitting and i like to guarantee that favourable spot by booking in advance. Due to having a restricted number of seats that i can sit in due to autism then i am limited to end seats. Preferably at the back of stand or if not then at the end of stand on a wing where i have nobody to my left / right. I am able to manage an end seat in blocks of seats that are in the middle of stands but it' not preferable and not ideal.

Therefore when i go onto the online ticketing site i am excluded from purchasing tickets in the IGU end wing BLOCK J which is probably the most ideal area of seating in the stadium for my needs. I am aware that you can turn up on the day and buy tickets for this area but as i am someone who cannot do this and has a requirement to know well in advance where i will be seated then this option is of no use to me. So that rules that out. Then you come onto the block next to this which is BLOCK K. Again, not able to pre book seats online for this block either. Also no option to select seats and purchase season tickets for these areas either or even see what would be available.

This restriction on these two blocks then makes the rest of the blocks look more crowded on the online ticketing portal which puts me off and the availability of suitable seats in these middle areas is pretty much non existant. If i move along to end block of the IGU which is block R then i am able to pre book these but the end seats usually are already sold. In addition, i notice that the more 'boisterous' supporters frequent this area of seating or they did the last times i went and thus this would be the worst area in the ground i could sit.

So i move onto the IGL and again i can't book the most ideal block which is the end block BLOCK A. It is still indicated as the 'FAMILY STAND' on the portal when i thought that the family stand had now been moved to the end of the QLE. BLOCK H of the IGL is also indicated as a 'FAMILY STAND' on the portal and similarly i am unable to pre book tickets in here either.

If i move onto the QLE which is my least favourite stand as it always feels dark and oppressive, even on summers days. The away end is miles better as a home stand. Spacious, bright and a great view as i've been in there a few times. I've no idea why home fans were moved from this stand into the QLE but IMO home fans got the raw deal.

Anyway the QLE. So the family stand i believe is now at the end of the QLE yet this area (again not pre bookable online) is not indicated as a family stand online therefore needs updating to reflect this.

The other end block on the QLE, BLOCK E doesn't have an aisle at one end therefore although i could book an end seat there i'd be hemmed in and have to pass all the fans on my row if i wanted to move or go to the toilet or whatever and i'd get claustrophobic so that's not an option. If there was an aisle / steps at the end then fine but there isn't. This only leaves end seats in the middle blocks and a lot of the time they are usually only available nearer the front.

So the ticketing portal needs updating pronto as it's archaic and barely fit for purpose. The availabilty of tickets / seats needs to be clearly shown and that means ALL blocks which allows fans greater choice and flexibility in booking. Only by doing this will this help me. Not doing this won't help me so as i've already explained, if Danielle cannot get this changed then it can't help me and thus no point in discussing anything despite my appreciation of her offer.

b) MAKE BOOKING DISABLED / CARER TICKETS AN ONLINE OPTION

Currently if you are disabled or have autism or whatever then you have the option of booking two seats as you get a seat free for a carer or just to leave empty if it helps. However these seats cannot be booked online. You have to ring the ticket office or visit and faff about each time you want to book tickets for yourself and carer making access to tickets for disabled people more difficult than for people who don't have any problems. Which clearly is ludicrous.

My proposal is (and as happens at a lot of clubs) that you first of all email your proof / evidence to the ticket office and they keep it on file so you don't have to produce your documents every time. Then you go online and book your seats and select 1 option for adult and 1 option for free disabled carer ticket and when you come to pay you just pay for the one adult. Even Torquay United had this as an option on their portal last season and they were in the National League South!

As L2 clubs aren't likely to have that many disabled people buying free carer tickets then it's easy for the ticket office just to quickly check the evidence of record before sending out the tickets.

c) MAKE MORE GAMES AVAILABLE TO PRE BOOK

If you go on the portal now you can only book tickets for 3 friendly games coming up. The first home league game is in a months time v Morecambe. Why can you not book tickets for that game now? Yes it's a month away but some clubs have tickets to purchase for games months away and it gives people more flexibility and choice. If i could i'd book a ticket for Morecambe then i'd do it now and then it's done.

So to sum up. If i could book a ticket today online for myself and a carer for the Morecambe game, get it sent out without having to ring anybody and have an end seat in the IGU J or IGL A then it's happy days. I do it, it's done and i can look forward to that and crack on with life. Job done.

I can't do any of these things and i see absolutely no reasons why. If anybody can enlighten me i'd welcome that.

Until i CAN do these things then i have to watch other football as football is my obsession and i can't not go and watch live football. It's what keeps me going. Not only that but the longer my sabbatical from MTFC goes on i feel further alienated from and disillusioned with the club, stop buying stuff from the club shop regularly and stop my income stream to them. All for what? Because somebody responsible for ticketing at the club cannot bring any common sense to proceedings and help bring it into the modern era.

Usually i would just write to the club and air my grievances but i dont' feel there is any point in doing that either. Fans have been moaning about the ticketing portal for a long time now and yet the club still doesn't see fit to sort it out. If they can't see that's it rubbish then telling them won't make a difference. It should be obvious to them.

Anyway thanks to Martin, Edwinstowe and the other Stags fan who donated to the cause. I'm sure Ian really appreciates it and so do i as i know the money will go to help lots of people.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:05 am

I know that this might seem an easy solution to many on here but might not be to ILT.

I am prepared to go to ticket office and buy Seat no. 1, row R, Block J for any match that ILT would like to attend and deliver the ticket to any where that ILT says instead of donating to the autism charity at the top of this thread.

I know this might seem stupid and silly but I want to help.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum