{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Andy Burgess

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Andy Burgess

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:29 pm

: :shock: the most lazy over rated footballer i have ever seen in a stags shirt, returns as head of recruitment :shock:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Andrew Burgess

Postby kwambo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:30 pm

Ex player returns as head of recruitment
kwambo
First Team
First Team

Re: Andy Burgess

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Doesn't mean he doesn't know football though does it?
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Andrew Burgess

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Duplicate thread, beaten by Yorkshire Stag by one minute.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:Doesn't mean he doesn't know football though does it?

If he models a player on himself, God help us :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby yellafella » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:07 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:: :shock: the most lazy over rated footballer i have ever seen in a stags shirt, returns as head of recruitment :shock:

This must have made your day, at last an appointee that you can savage before he has even got to his place of work.
yellafella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:15 pm

Nice that there's another name to throw into the ring if things aren't going right :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:20 pm

He's had a lot of jobs in the last six years...
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:57 pm

As long as he uses himself as an example as the kind of player NOT to recruit, he should be successful.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he on twitter a few years back dissing us and the fans who had a pop at him?

If so I wonder if he's backtracked and deleted his tweets yet?
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:20 pm

Spent most of the last 10 years managing women's teams.
Obviously got his finger on the pulse.
Good luck to him.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:09 pm

Unbelievable
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:14 pm

stagmanrob wrote:As long as he uses himself as an example as the kind of player NOT to recruit, he should be successful.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he on twitter a few years back dissing us and the fans who had a pop at him?

Yeah, also was banned for us for a month for bets he placed on games he played in whilst at R&Ds
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Cant beat a good supportive thread. This is clearly JD's appointment - cant you just leave it

This club is in the best place for a number of years and is in good hands yet - JD's appointment was criticised; Carolyn has been criticised, the new director appointment has been criticised and now Andy Burgess appointment has been questioned.

Some people on here just cant help themselves. Stand back and look at where we are
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:47 pm

Short memory then?, Burgess absolutely stole a living as a footballer at Mansfield
i don’t think i ever watched him once have a good game, never tried or looked interested then slagged us off when he left, cannot believe you can’t remember it
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:56 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Short memory then?, Burgess absolutely stole a living as a footballer at Mansfield
i don’t think i ever watched him once have a good game, never tried or looked interested then slagged us off when he left, cannot believe you can’t remember it

Yorkstag is one that if we'd employed Harold Shipman as the club doctor he'd have defended him
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:03 pm

what are you talking about What has his time as a player got to do with this appointment?

Question to both of you? JD clearly wanted him

The constant criticism is not needed
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:31 pm

yorkstag wrote:what are you talking about What has his time as a player got to do with this appointment?

Question to both of you? JD clearly wanted him

The constant criticism is not needed

really? :roll: no constant criticism from me Yorkie, please explain ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:27 pm

stagmanrob wrote:As long as he uses himself as an example as the kind of player NOT to recruit, he should be successful.

100% true , the guy is a cok womble
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:38 am

julianshatnasty wrote:He's had a lot of jobs in the last six years...

Perhaps he keeps getting headhunted. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:35 am

Not sure we needed this extra 'football person' and another wage but hey ho if JD wants it and JR approves it all good for me but looks like JD is building an empire up and hope it turns out ok for him as he will have had all he has asked for within reason...so no pressure then now!!.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:58 am

Seem to be a lot of chiefs in the set up (and I don't mean KP) I'm not sure its needed anyway and his record as a footballer here wasn't inspiring. Maybe hes better at spotting them than playing.
The wage bill is going up, and whilst its OK to say its John Radford's money and he can do as he wishes with it, it inevitably will be a debt to the club in the longer term. ( see 14 miles down the road if you want the worst scenario of that)
Also seems a bit bizarre when you would consider most of our recruitment has probably already been done. He's gonna get more time off than the guy that maintains the scoreboard.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:31 am

victor A block wrote:Seem to be a lot of chiefs in the set up (and I don't mean KP) I'm not sure its needed anyway and his record as a footballer here wasn't inspiring. Maybe hes better at spotting them than playing.
The wage bill is going up, and whilst its OK to say its John Radford's money and he can do as he wishes with it, it inevitably will be a debt to the club in the longer term. ( see 14 miles down the road if you want the worst scenario of that)
Also seems a bit bizarre when you would consider most of our recruitment has probably already been done. He's gonna get more time off than the guy that maintains the scoreboard.

I'm sure he won't just be watching for new players to sign, he'll probably be watching games of our opponents and identifying key players and trying to nullify them.

Some brilliant footballers are garbage at managing, some rubbish footballers end up being good coaches.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:37 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
victor A block wrote:Seem to be a lot of chiefs in the set up (and I don't mean KP) I'm not sure its needed anyway and his record as a footballer here wasn't inspiring. Maybe hes better at spotting them than playing.

I'm sure he won't just be watching for new players to sign, he'll probably be watching games of our opponents and identifying key players and trying to nullify them.

Some brilliant footballers are garbage at managing, some rubbish footballers end up being good coaches.

That won't be happening. He's not a scout. He is concerned with recruitment.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkstag » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:52 am

I think JD did say he would be responsible for reporting on opposition
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:13 pm

WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

That won't be happening. He's not a scout. He is concerned with recruitment.

Well the other week we didn't even have a scout listed on the staff part of the Mansfield website so I just assumed he would.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum