{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Young Keaton Ward gone to Barnsley F.C

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Young Keaton Ward gone to Barnsley F.C

Postby QuarrydaleStag21 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:25 pm

Youth team player Keaton Ward who has been coming through our ranks for a while signed for Barnsley yesterday, always thought he would make it on sooner or later after getting offered a pro at 17. Players made their first team appearance with lower reputations than Keaton coming through the ranks so its a shame we never gave it him in my opinion, feel like had we of done we could of kept a hold of him, but money talks I suppose and Barnsley probably have gave him something larger than what he is already on here.
QuarrydaleStag21
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Young Keaton Ward gone to Barnsley F.C

Postby The One » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:34 pm

Old news
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:25 pm

Keaton's choice, good luck to him.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:29 pm

Good luck to him in his career.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:38 pm

It's a shame, but it's the law of the footballing jungle when you're a club in the lower leagues.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:48 pm

He made a good start on loan at AFC Mansfield by all accounts but then faded a little which is not unusual with young lads. Good luck Keaton.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:54 pm

QuarrydaleStag21 wrote:Youth team player Keaton Ward who has been coming through our ranks for a while signed for Barnsley yesterday, always thought he would make it on sooner or later after getting offered a pro at 17. Players made their first team appearance with lower reputations than Keaton coming through the ranks so its a shame we never gave it him in my opinion, feel like had we of done we could of kept a hold of him, but money talks I suppose and Barnsley probably have gave him something larger than what he is already on here.

We were an automatic promotion chasing team all season. No team in that position is going to take a gamble on testing out a young, untested lad out in our situation, unless they are absolutely mustard. And if he was, we would've seen him far sooner.

No brainer for the lad when the choice is probably sit in Barnsley's 23's or our 21's. Will be interesting to see if he kicks on and makes a career for himself.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:18 pm

We got a fee for him, none of that compensation crap and probably got a decent sell on percentage too.

It’s a sign that our academy’s working if anything that bigger clubs want our players and are willing to pay fees.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:27 pm

Tapped up by Muzza?
Last edited by yorkshire stag on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:34 pm

Been in the works since Jan.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:00 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:We got a fee for him, none of that compensation crap and probably got a decent sell on percentage too.

It’s a sign that our academy’s working if anything that bigger clubs want our players and are willing to pay fees.

Hope so
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:32 pm

QuarrydaleStag21 wrote:Youth team player Keaton Ward who has been coming through our ranks for a while signed for Barnsley yesterday, always thought he would make it on sooner or later after getting offered a pro at 17. Players made their first team appearance with lower reputations than Keaton coming through the ranks so its a shame we never gave it him in my opinion, feel like had we of done we could of kept a hold of him, but money talks I suppose and Barnsley probably have gave him something larger than what he is already on here.

Good luck to the lad.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:20 am

Keaton Ward, aged 19, of Grove Street Barnsley drove a Vauxhall Corsa on Chesterfield Road South with 62 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, over the legal limit of 35mcg. He was disqualified from driving for 17 months, fined £300, and was ordered to pay a £32 surcharge and £85 costs.

From ChAD website, assume it’s the same person... if so, moving closer to home is definitely going to come in handy!
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum