{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dion Donohue - Third mystery signing!!!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Third mystery signing!!!

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:29 pm

spanishstag wrote:Plane from cardiff anyone

Really ?

how is that funny ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:32 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Eight pages and we still haven't got a clue. I think it was Luke O'Neill, and we lost out last minute. Only a guess, but CR indicated a signing was imminent and nothing has happened.

If true then it’s embarrassing from CR and she needs to pipe down until players have actually signed.

Then again, when we've had weeks of silence folks weren't happy either. And previously when the club gave vague or non committal statements the fans also complained, citing 'why bother'.

Seems like there isn't really a right answer to give - maybe we're happiest when we have something to moan about? :P
Why not sign the player and then have a press conference. That's what most clubs do. I don't get the Miami Vicesque films. It's tooostentatious for a league 2 club and sends out the wrong signals. For me, even the snippets on social media aren't necessary and they look rediculous when nothing happens.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby awalkinthepark » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:49 pm

I think you are over thinking things.
awalkinthepark
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:53 pm

You'd have thought people were used to Carolyn teasing new signings,I'm sure she's been doing it for like the last 3 seasons :lol:

We've signed two quality goalscorers and still some seem like they aren't happy with how the club presents itself on social media. I personally couldn't give a flying fork about that
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:58 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:

Really ?

how is that funny ?

It was posted on here earlier this week by a certain critic
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:01 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

You gland.

Just quoting a quote bellraspberry by a certain poster oh and by the way your seal of of approval id not required gloria ,
Last edited by spanishstag on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:03 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:You'd have thought people were used to Carolyn teasing new signings,I'm sure she's been doing it for like the last 3 seasons :lol:

We've signed two quality goalscorers and still some seem like they aren't happy with how the club presents itself on social media. I personally couldn't give a flying fork about that

At the end of the day bobby it's their club and they are entitled to go about it how they see fit.

Unlike you I do care about how they go about things and how the club is portrayed. I just feel it gives an unpleasant whiff of superiority to other clubs.

Perhaps as one poster has pointed out, I'm overthinking it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:03 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

You gland.

Just quoting a quote bellraspberry by a certain poster oh and by the way your seal of of approval id not required gloria ,

The person who posted it quite rightly apologised when he got slated for it. Why you would then go & do it again is beyond belief. :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:34 pm

Maybe the club have done it again but inverted the roles and said player will "meet" Carolyn off the plane at East Midlands?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Sneag wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Eight pages and we still haven't got a clue. I think it was Luke O'Neill, and we lost out last minute. Only a guess, but CR indicated a signing was imminent and nothing has happened.

If true then it’s embarrassing from CR and she needs to pipe down until players have actually signed.

Didn't we have the same comments when Maynard signed for Plymouth at the last minute?

No we actually signed Maynard. My point is “IF” it doesn’t come to anything it’s embarrassing

Exactly, dummies were spat, toys were thrown & the Maynard signed, so your point has no validity at all.
A signing 'soon' may mean before the week is out. Just because a bunch of petulant cry babies want 'soon' to mean in the next 5 minutes, doesn't mean a signing has fallen through.

Don't get me wrong there are times CR would do well to tone it down a bit, in my opinion, but the point is the majority of the time when CR says a signing is about to happen it does.

Where's the 'like' button ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:26 pm

spanishstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Really ?

how is that funny ?

It was posted on here earlier this week by a certain critic

And he then had the sense to realise how crass it was and apologize.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:53 am

yorkshire stag wrote:get ya sens ta Retford Tuesday nite, sure to see the odd mystery player i’ll bet !

:coys:

A trialist ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:22 am

Ilias Chair would be a great signing.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:39 am

Sedgwick wrote:Ilias Chair would be a great signing.

surely he'll get a go in the Championship with QPR. He was way above League Two standard.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby James » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:33 am

Chair is the best player that i've seen at this level for a long time. He won't be going to a League 2 team any time soon.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:06 pm

The new signing has put pen to paper. The delay is from the media team trying to cram in as many shots of Carolyns gucci bags, fake tits and expensive cars to edit together so we can outcringe the first attempt
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bluenyellow » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:10 pm

early part of this week according to the gaffer
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:26 pm

Looked like the Radfords were still in Portugal on Carolyn's insta this morning, or at least she was.

Not that it may effect any signing.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:12 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Looked like the Radfords were still in Portugal on Carolyn's insta this morning, or at least she was.

It is possible to post photos and videos to Instagram feed and stories that were taken at any time.... I could upload one from my recent trip to Lisbon, but it doesn't mean im there now.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:13 pm

They've been in Portugal for months now
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:14 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

surely he'll get a go in the Championship with QPR. He was way above League Two standard.

Yeah I thought that too, but he said in an interview he feels personally like he needs a full season in league two, however QPR will most likely give him a go, they're short on quality.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:19 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Looked like the Radfords were still in Portugal on Carolyn's insta this morning, or at least she was.

It is possible to post photos and videos to Instagram feed and stories that were taken at any time.... I could upload one from my recent trip to Lisbon, but it doesn't mean im there now.

I know how social media works, but when the caption is 'early morning tennis', it's a bit of a giveaway!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:24 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I know how social media works, but when the caption is 'early morning tennis', it's a bit of a giveaway!

Yes and it doesn't matter what the caption says. They probably are still there, doesn't mean much does it. We'll have more signings soon, not sure why everyone cries when they're not all announced at the same time. (not that you are Mustings)
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:31 pm

JLStag wrote:The new signing has put pen to paper. The delay is from the media team trying to cram in as many shots of Carolyns gucci bags, fake tits and expensive cars to edit together so we can outcringe the first attempt

Infinitely preferable, JL, to Mr Poundstretcher with his big hats, big cigars, electric fire and "stolen" car.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:32 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Yes and it doesn't matter what the caption says. They probably are still there, doesn't mean much does it. We'll have more signings soon, not sure why everyone cries when they're not all announced at the same time. (not that you are Mustings)

A bit of a strange thing to lie about if not.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum