{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Joe Quigley On Trial

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Joe Quigley On Trial

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:57 am

bigalstag wrote:"Going for promotion". Thought that ambition died when we appointed our academy manager to the top job.Think a lot of people are going to be disappointed this season. I'll be happy with not doing a Notts County.

Stagsnet has peaked. Ridiculous post.

We’ve signed a striker that scored nearly 20 goals in L1 last season and another one on the way.

Tell me, who would you have given the job to? Dempster is equally deserving of the job. You have to start somewhere...
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:09 pm

we need to back JD, judge him at the start of the season say 5 games in, JR knows what’s he’s doing
keep the faith
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:54 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
bigalstag wrote:"Going for promotion". Thought that ambition died when we appointed our academy manager to the top job.Think a lot of people are going to be disappointed this season. I'll be happy with not doing a Notts County.

We’ve signed a striker that scored nearly 20 goals in L1 last season and another one on the way.

Tell me, who would you have given the job to? Dempster is equally deserving of the job. You have to start somewhere...

I still think JD being appointed is a stroke of genius....

He knows the squad very well and hasn't said he needs to have his own squad or a revamp. Hes done well with the youth team and doest just have a plan A, He'll change it to suit who were playing.
Hes got in a great assistant, who is 100 times better of an assistant manager than futcher.
Hes already signed (not on loan) a striker better than any other last season and another on the way...
He will bring the youth through if they're ready.

I don't care if we don't go up next year.... as long as we're close I want Demps here for a few years.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:10 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

He knows the squad very well and hasn't said he needs to have his own squad or a revamp. Hes done well with the youth team and doest just have a plan A, He'll change it to suit who were playing.
Hes got in a great assistant, who is 100 times better of an assistant manager than futcher.
Hes already signed (not on loan) a striker better than any other last season and another on the way...

I don't care if we don't go up next year.... as long as we're close I want Demps here for a few years.

Thoroughly agree. I cannot understand the love affair with well known failures.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:15 pm

garlic wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

Thoroughly agree. I cannot understand the love affair with well known failures.

I wouldn’t really listen to what bigalstag says tbh. Since the end of the season he’s stated our budget is cut, we’re going to do a County blah blah blah.....not really the sort of fan of the club I’d want to sit next to at a game unfortunately.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:51 am

yorkstag wrote:I’m surprised at Yorkshire Stags comments given his usual positivity.

However I’m prepared to listen to all views - yorkshire could you remind me of your coaching qualifications?

Let the people that know make the decisions. Remember Matt Rhead?

Know what I mean. What a top bloke he is. Bile and borderline contempt for someone who’s having a trial.
Such a sad act.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:28 pm

oh no if it’s upsetting you i’ll stop ....not
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:30 pm

Proof of the pudding and all that.... where JD is concerned
It is a bold one and could be marmite time for him but he will be given decent chance by me and if he wants to trial Quigley all good for me too?

The other Quigley we once had, John, for those of my generation will recall he was not a bad player of the old school variety.
Last edited by tillydog123 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:33 pm

Quite funny all this really. If he had come on trial whilst we were training at home rather than in Portugal nobody would even know about it. It's only because he appeared on the photo's it was even announced. Ridiculous overreaction.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Nutty Stag » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:00 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

I don't care if we don't go up next year.... as long as we're close I want Demps here for a few years.[/quote]

Not bad to say that you told me to delete my account for suggesting that Dempster & co should take over the training. :roll:
Nutty Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby WVStag » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:33 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

The decision to appoint Dempster considered a 'stroke of genius' before a ball has been kicked of the competitive season. Baffling.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby StagsForLIFE » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Should Maynard sign, him Cook, Davies and Rose will surely be plenty with Jordan Graham too.
StagsForLIFE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:18 pm

StagsForLIFE wrote:Should Maynard sign, him Cook, Davies and Rose will surely be plenty with Jordan Graham too.
Should Maynard sign, I think Rose will go. Davies fitness also seems a concern. Hopefully Jordan Graham will get a look in.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:22 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
StagsForLIFE wrote:Should Maynard sign, him Cook, Davies and Rose will surely be plenty with Jordan Graham too.
Should Maynard sign, I think Rose will go. Davies fitness also seems a concern. Hopefully Jordan Graham will get a look in.

I’ve heard Davies ankle is more serious than thought and we will do well to get 25 games out of him.

Unless Salford come in with a good offer Danny Rose will be staying.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:24 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

would rather see davies leave than rose as Davies fitness is pretty questionable as you say, physically he seems link a tank as he's in the gym nearly every day but injury wise it could be another kick in the nads if he gets injured for a lengthy time next season
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:27 pm

Just curious, does anyone know how he is doing at the moment on his trial or is this just three pages of speculation and guesswork? :lol:

Viva Stagsnet forever!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Chadman » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:52 am

Dempster wants him if the chairman will fund a deal

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9868265
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Previous