{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sandy Pate Bar

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Sandy Pate Bar

Postby Scothie the Stag » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:51 am

Spiritater wrote:if they are doing this fanzone will they want t'footpath removing?

I think they're doing it in the bit of car park in the top corner, next to the astro turf. I know Tina's interview didn't come across that way, but the gates have been removed and it looks a lot more clear than it used to.
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:55 am

Scothie the Stag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:if they are doing this fanzone will they want t'footpath removing?

I think they're doing it in the bit of car park in the top corner, next to the astro turf. I know Tina's interview didn't come across that way, but the gates have been removed and it looks a lot more clear than it used to.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Thats us kicking off at 6am in anything resembling a derby game.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Scothie the Stag » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:28 am

The One wrote:
Scothie the Stag wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: Thats us kicking off at 6am in anything resembling a derby game.

Sorry, the opposite corner. Near Quarry Lane (the street, not the stand) and next to the Astro turf pitches.
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Random Hero » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:57 am

Went in yesterday. Looks really good, food coming out of the kitchen looked class too.

Well done Stags.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:40 am

S7AGS wrote:I have always wondered who actually goes all the way to the ground for a meal/drink on non-matchdays....I cant see how (no matter how nice the bar / food) you will ever get enough footfall...Its a good 10 - 15 min walk from the town centre so not on a pub crawl route.

Would it not be better to open a 'Stags' sports bar / diner up in the town centre with profit going into the club where it would attract not only die hard stags fans but the general Mansfield public as well? You only have to go in the Green Dragon / Bootlicker (whatever its now called!) when decent prem games are on TV to see the potential....cant see 'Sandies' attracting them up there.

This said - the refurb looks good and a fan zone would be good for pre-match drinks (so long as it doesn't take 45 mins to get a drink!)

You can drive to and park immediately outside. You don't have to queue and wait for hours to be served and you don't get gangs of drunks f ing and blinding and spilling beer down your back. The staff and clientele are normally very friendly and helpful and the prices are reasonable. Plenty of reasons there to visit for me.

In respect of the ground works near the training pitches, this is being done bu RN Surfacing who are amongst the club's top sponsors (they have the big advert on the front of the North Stand) and I understand it is to extend the car park facilities. These are a very professional group who mainly build roads so the standard should be good even if it is long over due.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:25 pm

Went in on Saturday night.....

Waited a while for the food but when it came out was piping hot n a very good standard but when paying top dollar for a mix grill it needs to stand out above the same meal at establishments like the Bold Forrester etc.

As for the swearing n loudness of lads who's had a kick about that was the same....shame really because looking around most tables had the mature side of couples trying to enjoy a meal n drink.

I think it will be hard to change that side of the clientele while the 5aside nets are being used on a Saturday evening.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:26 pm

Sorry...
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:32 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Went in on Saturday night.....

Waited a while for the food but when it came out was piping hot n a very good standard but when paying top dollar for a mix grill it needs to stand out above the same meal at establishments like the Bold Forrester etc.

As for the swearing n loudness of lads who's had a kick about that was the same....shame really because looking around most tables had the mature side of couples trying to enjoy a meal n drink.

I think it will be hard to change that side of the clientele while the 5aside nets are being used on a Saturday evening.

Can't see them paying to keep the KBS open which has all of the Sandy Pate furniture.

Your point about the lads playing is spot on though. Its trying to attract different market, a market which doesnt want lads in drinking after footy
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:33 pm

Chander Lear wrote:

Can't see them paying to keep the KBS open which has all of the Sandy Pate furniture.

Your point about the lads playing is spot on though. Its trying to attract different market, a market which doesnt want lads in drinking after footy

Which seems ridiculous when that is the bars main clientele.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:43 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

Which seems ridiculous when that is the bars main clientele.

We all know that.

I do love what theyve done with the place. I suppose it wouldnt be as bad if there was an area to freshen up and get changed
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:17 pm

I have never found the football lads to be a huge problem and think both groups can get good use out of the facilities. I am in the more mature group (old gits) and don't think we expect a quiet place with a dead atmosphere.

We aren't the prawn sandwich brigade who won't accept a bit of banter as long as it's not over the top and constant.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:55 pm

My favourite part about that video released last week was Tina, a woman who has no plans of ever eating in there, said she wanted to make it more like the kind of place she would want to go to again and again haha.
Looks very good in there and the chorizo burger is fantastic
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:36 pm

SEEn tina having lunch in sp before
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:43 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:My favourite part about that video released last week was Tina, a woman who has no plans of ever eating in there, said she wanted to make it more like the kind of place she would want to go to again and again haha.
Looks very good in there and the chorizo burger is fantastic

Chorizo in a burger my god insulting ,its best done cooked slowly in cider with bread :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Scothie the Stag » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:16 pm

I agree with SPBS. I've been part of the football mob, but also take my family in there occasionally. There's no reason why it can't cater for both.
The football lot can keep the tone acceptable during mealtimes, when families etc are in, but equally after food has stopped being served people need to accept that some will occasionally get rowdy.
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ST4GS » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:37 pm

Can you download a menu?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:44 pm

Went in tonight. Fantastic food and service. Highly recommended.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:06 pm

If I took her indoors to a football club for a meal she would not be impressed.

Its either sports bar or dining, no mix, but hope it does well.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:09 pm

Whipped
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:33 am

Can I download a new menu?

Interested if they still do Scampi or Gammon in there as they are my favourite pub meals.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:54 pm

They do big guy , but it's now on the menu as hand caught North Alaskan fish circles and Wild Boar steak with grass fed emu egg.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:17 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:They do big guy , but it's now on the menu as hand caught North Alaskan fish circles and Wild Boar steak with grass fed emu egg.

Deffo a softer touch that
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:21 pm

I've always wondered why Scampi comes in a basket - it's a pressing issue
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:40 pm

adamstag wrote:I've always wondered why Scampi comes in a basket - it's a pressing issue

Perhaps it ran out of socks?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:43 pm

HitchcocksShins wrote:
adamstag wrote:I've always wondered why Scampi comes in a basket - it's a pressing issue

Perhaps it ran out of socks?

:lol:
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum