{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Otis Khan - "I want to prove myself"

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Otis Khan - "I want to prove myself"

Postby Bradders » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:25 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Bradders wrote:I see Khan playing slightly more central, just behind the front two but with permission to go wide when he sees fit.
He looked a world beater early in the season (well, a League 2 beater anyway), but Flitcroft seemed to have the knack of coaching the talent out of players and even before his injury seemed to be losing his edge. Hopefully Dempster will allow creative players freedom to show what they can do without the nervousness that appeared to hold some of them back.

I don't think CJ or Mal Benning would agree with your statement that DF has " the knack of coaching the talent out of players ".

CJ has arguably improved this season, although he often seems to fall short of his potential, but Rose, Grant, Ajose? Yes, all forwards, so it could be that Flitcroft had a problem coaching forwards. Obviously it doesn't apply to defence or midfield too much.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Bradders wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Bradders wrote:I see Khan playing slightly more central, just behind the front two but with permission to go wide when he sees fit.
He looked a world beater early in the season (well, a League 2 beater anyway), but Flitcroft seemed to have the knack of coaching the talent out of players and even before his injury seemed to be losing his edge. Hopefully Dempster will allow creative players freedom to show what they can do without the nervousness that appeared to hold some of them back.

I don't think CJ or Mal Benning would agree with your statement that DF has " the knack of coaching the talent out of players ".

CJ has arguably improved this season, although he often seems to fall short of his potential, but Rose, Grant, Ajose? Yes, all forwards, so it could be that Flitcroft had a problem coaching forwards. Obviously it doesn't apply to defence or midfield too much.

arguably? CJ scored like 14 goals this season, that is definite improvement as he's never done that in a stags shirt before
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:40 pm

I thought Flitcroft managed to get the best out of CJ and then throw it all away by playing him all over the shop and undermining his confidence.

The last time I saw management skill like that was when US Air presented me with a meal that was like molten lava on one side & frozen solid on the other.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:57 am

Sneag wrote:I thought Flitcroft managed to get the best out of CJ and then throw it all away by playing him all over the shop and undermining his confidence.

The last time I saw management skill like that was when US Air presented me with a meal that was like molten lava on one side & frozen solid on the other.

Yes but no doubt they changed it immediately and didn't do it again and reprimanded/sacked the dollop that microwaved it.

Flitcroft just kept on doing it over and over again.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:36 am

Spiritater wrote:
Sneag wrote:I thought Flitcroft managed to get the best out of CJ and then throw it all away by playing him all over the shop and undermining his confidence.

Yes but no doubt they changed it immediately and didn't do it again and reprimanded/sacked the dollop that microwaved it.

Flitcroft just kept on doing it over and over again.

Clearly you are unfamiliar with the abysmal levels of customer service on US Air.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:05 pm

If DF didn’t try and move CJ all over the pitch, we probably would have gone up.

Square pegs in round holes cost us all season. He even started White at CB during the first few games.

Khan will come good with a decent manager who installs confidence in him.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum