{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Flitcroft doubters

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Flitcroft doubters

Postby geoffhill » Tue May 14, 2019 6:42 pm

Bishop was not as prominent in our last few games thats for sure.I am amazed that he has got sacked but these things happen in football.Not achieving promotion was the last straw.If we had got promoted Flitcroft would still be the manager.The king is dead long live the king.He will get my support as have all the mansfield Town managers.Thanks for all the reaction to my original post.I knew it would get a lot of reaction.COYS.Looking forward to backing Dempster next season.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue May 14, 2019 7:40 pm

ST4GS wrote:Fixed it for you. Flitcroft was probably tasked to take us up this season based on the fall down to 8th last season.
I was a Flitcroft doubter last season, then a Flitcroft fan but the last three months have been a disaster. I can't work out why he radically changed the way we set up (sexy/risk taking gegen press football which works for Man City and Liverpool and worked for us was replaced by a hoof it up and into the channels style as introduced away v Notts County in February). Our midfield was energetic in 2018 but pedestrian in 2019? Anyone else think Bishop (who I admire tremendously) has lost a bit of his stamina and pace (no question ref his desire, thinking or positional sense)?

This sums up exactly how I feel. He's only got himself to blame at the end of the day. Some of us called us blobbing promotion weeks ago because of what happened last season & the strange turn of form, tactics & team selections the past few months. Clearly JR had also had enough of the bluster he kept coming out with and has acted
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue May 14, 2019 7:47 pm

Dan wrote:
ST4GS wrote:Fixed it for you. Flitcroft was probably tasked to take us up this season based on the fall down to 8th last season.
I was a Flitcroft doubter last season, then a Flitcroft fan but the last three months have been a disaster. I can't work out why he radically changed the way we set up (sexy/risk taking gegen press football which works for Man City and Liverpool and worked for us was replaced by a hoof it up and into the channels style as introduced away v Notts County in February). Our midfield was energetic in 2018 but pedestrian in 2019? Anyone else think Bishop (who I admire tremendously) has lost a bit of his stamina and pace (no question ref his desire, thinking or positional sense)?

This sums up exactly how I feel. He's only got himself to blame at the end of the day. Some of us called us blobbing promotion weeks ago because of what happened last season & the strange turn of form, tactics & team selections the past few months. Clearly JR had also had enough of the bluster he kept coming out with and has acted

Difficult to work out what went wrong and - DF was clearly a dedicated Manager who for whatever reason couldnt get us over the line.

Good luck to Demps - COYS
S
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Tue May 14, 2019 8:14 pm

The last three losses of the season were baffling, we needed one point and the team were unable to deliver. That has ultimately cost him his job. Not turning up in the first half on many occasions was equally unforgivable. It seems they needed a team talk at half time to get back on track in too many games. Flitcroft was a broken man after the MK and Newport games and I was not surprised by his sacking, there was no way back for him in my opinion.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:02 pm

After the amazing success of the "Flitcroft Doubters" league table by Geoff last season, I'm wondering whether one will be produced this season.
Maybe there should be ground rules so we know how to get allocated points or otherwise.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:25 pm

victor A block wrote:After the amazing success of the "Flitcroft Doubters" league table by Geoff last season, I'm wondering whether one will be produced this season.
Maybe there should be ground rules so we know how to get allocated points or otherwise.
Not sure we will be in a position to blow it this coming season :o
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:32 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
victor A block wrote:After the amazing success of the "Flitcroft Doubters" league table by Geoff last season, I'm wondering whether one will be produced this season.

why you think that ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:27 pm

I fully expected Flitcroft to get promotion.He did not so has gone.JR desperately wants promotion.Dempster knows this and he will have to deliver.Early days but hopefully he will get us up.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Flip Flop failed, he knew the task in hand and what would happen if he failed, i suspect so does JD, his signings will go along way to seeing if he has a chance or not
Good luck JD, hope your contacts are good
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Should JD get off to a slow start or encounter any kind of wobble, I'm sure fans of the Flicker will be on here asking if those who doubted him are 'happy'?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:14 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Flip Flop failed, he knew the task in hand and what would happen if he failed, i suspect so does JD, his signings will go along way to seeing if he has a chance or not

Your tedious use of the term Flip Flop just about sums you up, I guess.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:54 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

why you think that ?

We won't replace Walker, CJ will go and other teams will strengthen.

If it true we are waiting on a decision on Walker, it shows we ain't got a decent forward lined up.

We will be mid table ( at best ).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:04 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Flip Flop failed, he knew the task in hand and what would happen if he failed, i suspect so does JD, his signings will go along way to seeing if he has a chance or not

who cares what you think snowflake ? :roll:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:32 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

I rest my case m’lud.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:14 pm

His name is David Flitcroft.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:10 pm

CassellsCap wrote:His name is David Flitcroft.

And notta lotta people know that. :geek:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:12 pm

Why is this thread still relevant ? He failed, we move on.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby bex » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:22 pm

geoffhill wrote:I fully expected Flitcroft to get promotion.He did not so has gone.JR desperately wants promotion.Dempster knows this and he will have to deliver.Early days but hopefully he will get us up.

............And these are the facts :mtfc:
"Who's the most intelligent"
Otis-"Me,without a shadow of doubt,next question"
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:09 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

The irony. Have you started a thread yet crying into your Cookie Crisp because we’ve not signed anyone ? Have you stamped your feet yet, you petulant no mark ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:23 am

bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

The irony. Have you started a thread yet crying into your Cookie Crisp because we’ve not signed anyone ? Have you stamped your feet yet, you petulant no mark ?

isn’t it time you had a mardy again stamped YOUR feet called stagsnet black n blue, slagged Marty off and run off with ya mate to start another message on your own you petulant no mark, or are you trying to forget this childish little dummy throwing :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HughesyStag89 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:16 am

Sure it’s just me around here that thinks it was harsh treatment on DF after taking us to our highest finish since the Haslam days
HughesyStag89
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:31 am

HughesyStag89 wrote:Sure it’s just me around here that thinks it was harsh treatment on DF after taking us to our highest finish since the Haslam days

Arghhhhh - just as the dust was settling you will no doubt have managed to stir the usual suspects up again.

It’s tin hat time!!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:58 am

HughesyStag89 wrote:Sure it’s just me around here that thinks it was harsh treatment on DF after taking us to our highest finish since the Haslam days

I do think some are too harsh on him, although his remit when he came here from Swindon was to take us to league one and he didn't achieve that. Most thought JR would have given him one last go as he's pretty faithful to his managers but it obviously wasn't to be.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:10 am

I agree with you.

What some fail to realise is we will pretty much have the same squad next season. The same squad that bottled it with a handful of games to go.

Most on here blame DF and not the players.

Next season should go a long way of showing who bottled it DF or the players.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:24 am

Amber Andy wrote:

I agree with you.

What some fail to realise is we will pretty much have the same squad next season. The same squad that bottled it with a handful of games to go.

Most on here blame DF and not the players.

Next season should go a long way of showing who bottled it DF or the players.

What we fans think is mostly irrelevant, all we do is voice opinions (although some clearly can't differentiate between opinion & fact).

What is relevant is the man who pays the bills thought he was to blame and sacked him. JR has shown in the last decade that he backs his managers and is for the most part more patient than most fans.

He is by no means a trigger happy owner, and he'll have had enough face to face meetings with DF to assess what was a plausible explanation for failing to meet his targets and what was bullschieze.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum