{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bury FC Courtcase

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bury FC Courtcase

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:08 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It's not over until the Chairman of the EFL brings the AGM in Portugal to an end which should take place in the next few weeks.

The EFL AGM is on June 6.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:17 pm

How can County argue they are financially stable?

They are in just as big a mess as Bury and there doesn't seem to be a buyer in sight.

I still think they will end up in administration before August and end up in Conference North at best.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:44 pm

That's County's main problem. Even if there was a possibility of them being thrown a lifeline, other clubs could argue that there is no guarantee County could fulfill their league fixtures next season due to their financial problems. Perhaps Yeovil can launch a surprise attack on Bury and Notts County in the AGM Cup. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:37 am

How can County argue they are financially stable?

They are in just as big a mess as Bury and there doesn't seem to be a buyer in sight

County are still paying their staff. County produced evidence in court they were in negotiations with two named potential buyers.

Bury are not paying their staff and the current owner has not been able to off load the club he recently acquired.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:42 am

Accrington chairman Andy Holt is now assisting with the Bury situation. Said he will be unleashing some facts on twitter at lunch time which won't make him very popular.

Not sure why he keeps sticking his nose in everywhere.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:17 pm

Andy Holt might be in Portugal for the EFL AGM.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Andy Holt might be in Portugal for the EFL AGM.

But he is indeed in Portugal.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:52 pm

A colleague of mine who is a Bury fan thinks that there is no chance of them going into administration, it's directly to liquidation stage.

He also said that if this happens before the fixtures are announced, Newport could go up, and as a result either Notts could be reprieved or AFC Fylde could come up to keep the amount of teams in L1 and L2 at consistent.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:57 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:A colleague of mine who is a Bury fan thinks that there is no chance of them going into administration, it's directly to liquidation stage.

He also said that if this happens before the fixtures are announced, Newport could go up, and as a result either Notts could be reprieved or AFC Fylde could come up to keep the amount of teams in L1 and L2 at consistent.

I think the general rule of thumb is that clubs get reprieves from relegation, rather than the next in line gets promoted. So in our case Plymouth and Notts County would be reprieved.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:21 pm

That’s why county haven’t took the oldest club sign down yet.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:26 pm

That doesn't sit with the rules.

Additionally why should Newport go up, surely it should be the next highest placed team?

I can't see any of that happening and if they go straight to liquidation league 1 will run a team short.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:52 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:A colleague of mine who is a Bury fan thinks that there is no chance of them going into administration, it's directly to liquidation stage.

Your colleague is full of bull then. Newport finished 7th - we finished 4th. If anyone was to go up (no one will) it would be us.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:12 pm

Coventry City are off to Birmingham City. The hedge fund SISU should now just accept that they are not going to make a load of money out of Coventry by getting the ground on the cheap. They should just sell up and get out of football.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/s ... 20-season/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:25 pm

Here's the EFL Response to the Coventry City situation. They have asked for a £1 million bond and quarterly reviews in order to be updated on developments ahead of season 2020/21. They have also obtained an undertaking from SISU that they will not put forward an application to the EFL Board to permanently relocate the club to anywhere outside the Coventry area.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/june/efl- ... entry-city
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:15 pm

Said it before and will say it again... its the rules, league one will have one less team should bury disappear.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:35 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Said it before and will say it again... its the rules, league one will have one less team should bury disappear.

I dont think that's correct. If Bury don't go up then one less team goes down. The bit I can't work out is how the one less team in League Two is dealt with. That can only mean that either they stick with fewer teams in League Two (23), let off one of the relegating teams (Notts County) or allow another one up from the Conference or whatever it is called these days.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:42 pm

Here’s the Rules:

" 12.2 Cessation of membership. If a Club (or Clubs) ceases to be a member of The League for any reason (including, without limitation, pursuant to Article 4 of the Articles of Association or by way of relegation or expulsion for disciplinary reasons):

12.2.3 …. during the period between the conclusion of the last Play-Off Match and the start of the following Season, its playing record shall not be expunged but the number of relegation places from the Division in which a Club would have played but for its cessation of membership, shall be reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be members and, during that Season, the relevant Division shall operate with a reduced number of Clubs.”

So If Bury cease to exist before the start of next season, then the number of relegation places from League 1 (the Division in which Bury would have played but for its cessation of membership) shall be reduced by one. League Two (the relevant Division for these purposes) will operate with 23 clubs.

So the fourth bottom team in League 1 gets to stay in League 1 and League 2 has only 23 clubs.

So we get one less game for our season tickets!
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:51 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I dont think that's correct. If Bury don't go up then one less team goes down. The bit I can't work out is how the one less team in League Two is dealt with. That can only mean that either they stick with fewer teams in League Two (23), let off one of the relegating teams (Notts County) or allow another one up from the Conference or whatever it is called these days.

it's the EFL AGM today. The fixtures are out a week on Thursday. The allocations to each league are now settled. If a team such as Bury drops out, then that team's fixtures for the coming season would be removed/expunged and that league would run with one fewer club. Exactly as Sedgwick said.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:54 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Here’s the Rules:

" 12.2 Cessation of membership. If a Club (or Clubs) ceases to be a member of The League for any reason (including, without limitation, pursuant to Article 4 of the Articles of Association or by way of relegation or expulsion for disciplinary reasons):

12.2.3 …. during the period between the conclusion of the last Play-Off Match and the start of the following Season, its playing record shall not be expunged but the number of relegation places from the Division in which a Club would have played but for its cessation of membership, shall be reduced by the number of Clubs ceasing to be members and, during that Season, the relevant Division shall operate with a reduced number of Clubs.”

So If Bury cease to exist before the start of next season, then the number of relegation places from League 1 (the Division in which Bury would have played but for its cessation of membership) shall be reduced by one. League Two (the relevant Division for these purposes) will operate with 23 clubs.

So the fourth bottom team in League 1 gets to stay in League 1 and League 2 has only 23 clubs.

So we get one less game for our season tickets!

No.
The rules say "the relevant Division shall operate with a reduced number of Clubs.” Here the "relevant" Division (ie. "the Division in which a Club would have played") is League One, not League Two.
League One would therefore operate with 23 clubs, (and the number of relegation places from League One would be reduced by one).
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby NorthLondonStag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:03 pm

I see your point Martin, I was reading the relegation places as relating to the previous season but I think you are right that it's the next season.

What does that mean for League Two then?

It will have 24 teams but next year fewer will come down from League One than go up from League Two, so that League One goes back up to 24. Does that mean they will add an extra promotion spot to the National League to make up the numbers in League Two? Or one fewer team will go down from League Two?
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:10 pm

And how many column inches of the Murdoch controlled papers have debated this, how many times has the ticker tape on Sky News reported the demise of Bury, how many interviews with uninteresting ‘talking head ex-pros’ have suggested a solution to the Bury problem and how many times has Gabby Roslyn debated the inequities of the Premier League wealth and it’s death grip on the football League? The answer is none.

Time to turn off your televisions, change the brand of weak lager you drink, put down your dumbed down tabloid and cut off the monster at its source.

However it is sheep we are up against!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:45 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:I see your point Martin, I was reading the relegation places as relating to the previous season but I think you are right that it's the next season.

It will have 24 teams but next year fewer will come down from League One than go up from League Two, so that League One goes back up to 24. Does that mean they will add an extra promotion spot to the National League to make up the numbers in League Two? Or one fewer team will go down from League Two?

I think it would mean that only one team would go down from League Two next season.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby NorthLondonStag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:18 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:I see your point Martin, I was reading the relegation places as relating to the previous season but I think you are right that it's the next season.

I think it would mean that only one team would go down from League Two next season.

Thank you. Love the commentary by the way. I can only get to the games infrequently.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:47 pm

thank you. Kind of you to say.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:00 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:And how many column inches of the Murdoch controlled papers have debated this, how many times has the ticker tape on Sky News reported the demise of Bury, how many interviews with uninteresting ‘talking head ex-pros’ have suggested a solution to the Bury problem and how many times has Gabby Roslyn debated the inequities of the Premier League wealth and it’s death grip on the football League? The answer is none.

Time to turn off your televisions, change the brand of weak lager you drink, put down your dumbed down tabloid and cut off the monster at its source.

However it is sheep we are up against!

Establishment , rise up !!
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum