{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sandy Pate Bar

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Sandy Pate Bar

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:30 am

Having a refurb for the next couple of weeks.

Saw the work just before it closed and it's looking quite good, looking forward to seeing the finished bar.

If you're at a loose end over the summer, drop in, have some drinks or dinner and give the club a few £££
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Re: Sandy Pate Bar

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:06 am

Whole heartedly agree with that. And for the regulars, don't forget the Kevin Bird Suite is open instead of Sandy's during the alterations. Mon to Fri 5pm to 11pm and Sat and Sun 12 til 11. Food is available during most of those times.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:33 am

I must have gone to a different bar because the work I already saw looks like crap.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:40 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:I must have gone to a different bar because the work I already saw looks like crap.

Hardly started when I went in on Thursday just preparation started but new booth benches looked a big improvement.

It is certainly a big improvement on most places charging this level of price for meals and beer. I suppose we should await its completion before deciding its level.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:21 am

It needs extending somehow or we need an outside bar. We've outgrew it on match days.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:31 am

Stoney wrote:It needs extending somehow or we need an outside bar. We've outgrew it on match days.

Have a little faith re the outside bar ;)
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Stoney wrote:It needs extending somehow or we need an outside bar. We've outgrew it on match days.

Have a little faith re the outside bar ;)

You tease.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:23 am

It's just a shame all the relevant people cant agree what it needs to be.
1. A full blown sports bar.
2. A bistro
3. A bar with a few TVs that's still posh enough for Sunday lunch

If it was me I'd go full on sports bar as we have no bar like this in town and cater for Sunday lunches in the Kevin Bird suite.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:44 am

Captain Cunno wrote:It's just a shame all the relevant people cant agree what it needs to be.
2. A bistro

If it was me I'd go full on sports bar as we have no bar like this in town and cater for Sunday lunches in the Kevin Bird suite.

i'd personally go for point 3, but whatever the powers that be decide we'll try support it. Hopefully, there is an area for us to enjoy a drink after footy in the week.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:33 am

I'd also go for option three as I'm not a fan of sports bars but do enjoy the meals that Sandy's provides. I'm not sure there would be a strong enough customer base for a pure sports bar which is probably why there aren't any others in the town.

I probably would give it a swerve if it went full sports bar as my family (especially the missus) wouldn't want to eat there.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:27 am

Chander Lear wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:It's just a shame all the relevant people cant agree what it needs to be.
2. A bistro

i'd personally go for point 3, but whatever the powers that be decide we'll try support it. Hopefully, there is an area for us to enjoy a drink after footy in the week.

Option 1 for me.

Unfortunately the cheapness of Hasaloans build makes it highly unlikely that Sandy's is ever going to be accepted as a destination eatery. My wife obviously knows my love of the Stags and my desire to spend my money there. For this she will accept going there for a nice value for money meal, however, for something a bit more special it's a non starter.

With that in mind, option 3 is to me what we have now, a mish mash of everything, and I think we all agree it's time for the bar to kick on.

If option 2 was to be chosen, it would need to be done properly. That would mean plenty of TV's with the capability to show multiple events on any chosen TV.

The town doesn't have a decent Sports Bar, and whilst money is being spent to refurbish it why not try the Sports Bar idea. The only extra cost is a few TV's and the setting up of the multiplayer. Come the summer you will have to be able to show the money league, the ashes, golf, formula 1etc. all at the same time.

I know it's not my money to say "the only extra cost", but it must be worth a try.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:20 pm

I also think the bar needs a new name and rebrand as part of these renovations. Just 'Sandy' s bar' will do. "The Sandy Pate Sports bar" really doesn't roll off the tongue.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:25 am

Pate....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 am

Captain Cunno wrote:Pate....

..... like the liver-based stuff you spread on toast?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:41 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Pate....

..... like the liver-based stuff you spread on toast?

No as in Bobby Ledger's bald pate
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:11 am

Big yella wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
2. A bistro

Option 1 for me.

Unfortunately the cheapness of Hasaloans build makes it highly unlikely that Sandy's is ever going to be accepted as a destination eatery. My wife obviously knows my love of the Stags and my desire to spend my money there. For this she will accept going there for a nice value for money meal, however, for something a bit more special it's a non starter.

With that in mind, option 3 is to me what we have now, a mish mash of everything, and I think we all agree it's time for the bar to kick on.

If option 2 was to be chosen, it would need to be done properly. That would mean plenty of TV's with the capability to show multiple events on any chosen TV.

The town doesn't have a decent Sports Bar, and whilst money is being spent to refurbish it why not try the Sports Bar idea. The only extra cost is a few TV's and the setting up of the multiplayer. Come the summer you will have to be able to show the money league, the ashes, golf, formula 1etc. all at the same time.

I know it's not my money to say "the only extra cost", but it must be worth a try.

My work used to include travelling the uk and in my experience i have never seen more than a couple of dozen in these sports bar's in 20 odd years and i now notice the numbers using them are in severe decline. These were mostly in big cities and therefore i deem them unsustainable especially around here as the local pubs i.e Bold Forester, Talbot etc accomodate the few that want to watch games.

The variety of ways to watch football, for free is huge and therefore they impact hugely on all venues showing any sport. I watched the awful champions league final on BT Sport via youtube at home with food and drink on hand.

I would be interested to know how many non football fans use or are actually aware the Sandy Pate bar exists because most of my colleagues were unaware that the place existed and even when i informed them they had no intention of using it.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:12 am

Pates gets my vote
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:18 am

The Patey
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:46 am

Chander Lear wrote:The Patey

:oops: :oops:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:54 am

Spiritater wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:The Patey

:oops: :oops:

loads of people it that now anyway

should have spelt it pate`
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:24 pm

should be renamed 'billys bull bar' after the great man promised us under floor heating in there.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:15 pm

BigGuy wrote:should be renamed 'billys bull bar' after the great man promised us under floor heating in there.

If it helps the club shop sells socks in varying and increasing sizes. This way you can wear more than one pair at a time and keep your feet warm.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:01 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
BigGuy wrote:should be renamed 'billys bull bar' after the great man promised us under floor heating in there.

If it helps the club shop sells socks in varying and increasing sizes. This way you can wear more than one pair at a time and keep your feet warm.

Do you need shoes in increasing sizes as well :D
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:39 pm

Why would you want under floor heating in there, on a matchday and other times I've been in it's been plenty warm enough.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:42 am

Perhaps he spent the money on new self heating blue suede shoes
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum