{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane memberships

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Quarry Lane memberships

Postby Hon Sec » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:54 am

Season ticket holders will sit in the seat they want to. Quarry Lane members get a good deal but can’t always sit where they want to.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:53 am

So long as you sit somewhere near where you want that’s good enough for me. Not obsessed with having the same seat or needing a particular seat through a disability or similar so the membership is brilliant. Surely it must be one of the cheapest ways to watch a league 2 team!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:54 am

Hon Sec wrote:Season ticket holders will sit in the seat they want to. Quarry Lane members get a good deal but can’t always sit where they want to.

Doesn't justify them being able to see every game for £77 less than a ST holder.
As I said, the idea is good, the pricing structure is wrong.
Find me another club in the country where a paying customer can watch every game for less than a ST holder.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:20 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Hon Sec wrote:Season ticket holders will sit in the seat they want to. Quarry Lane members get a good deal but can’t always sit where they want to.

Doesn't justify them being able to see every game for £77 less than a ST holder.
Find me another club in the country where a paying customer can watch every game for less than a ST holder.

But nobody is forcing a season ticket holder to buy a season ticket. The membership deal is there for everybody to take advantage of if they want one.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:29 am

Well i know its been a few years since i regularly attended ,but i always paid a little bit more to sit in the west stand upper tier ,i would wager that most of our ST holders are also sat up there ,so the qle members card is in what was always the most sparsely populated part of the ground ,hence the pricing ,seems fair enough to me
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:01 pm

Stoney wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

But nobody is forcing a season ticket holder to buy a season ticket. The membership deal is there for everybody to take advantage of if they want one.

Exactly Stoney spot on

I had a membership card last season n sat in my season ticket seat I had the season before 95% of the games I could attend work permitted.

I just don't get this point raising no other club have seats cheaper than a season ticket holder like I said earlier to Jamie.......

Buy a bloody membership card then n plan your games 3 games in advance to get the same seat / block / row etc......

It's not rocket science just a little more leg work or planning it's not as if your not at Field Mill watching a game.....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm

It's because some people like the kudos of saying "I've got a season ticket" as it makes them think they're a better fan than those who don't have one. You see it all the time in arguments. "How many games have you been too?" "I'm a season ticket holder so there!" :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:33 pm

Exactly the same as last year. People choose not to understand the argument.
Having a season ticket is not about 'kudos' as Dan puts it, it is about making a commitment to the club as a supporter.
We give our money up front, which helps the club through the summer period when there is no income from matchday sales, and they have that money irrespective of how the season is going both on and off the pitch.
Any other form of attendance is done on an 'ad hoc' basis and you cant stop attending and stop giving funding to the club at any point in the season. We can stop attending if we choose to but they still have our money.
Therefore, this commitment should be rewarded by being the best option available. 91 clubs in the football league recognise this fact but ours doesn't.

Add to this the fact that for a match not covered by the season ticket, ST holders are the only ones who have to buy their tickets either in person or on the phone during working hours due to the poor online ticketing system, while others can buy online at any time of the day or night, and you can understand why ST holders are getting disgruntled. The advantages of being an ST holder are being eroded by the club.

PS Not everyone wants to sit in the Quarry Lane stand. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:44 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:Exactly the same as last year. People choose not to understand the argument.
Having a season ticket is not about 'kudos' as Dan puts it, it is about making a commitment to the club as a supporter.
We give our money up front, which helps the club through the summer period when there is no income from matchday sales, and they have that money irrespective of how the season is going both on and off the pitch.
Any other form of attendance is done on an 'ad hoc' basis and you cant stop attending and stop giving funding to the club at any point in the season. We can stop attending if we choose to but they still have our money.
Therefore, this commitment should be rewarded by being the best option available. 91 clubs in the football league recognise this fact but ours doesn't.

Add to this the fact that for a match not covered by the season ticket, ST holders are the only ones who have to buy their tickets either in person or on the phone during working hours due to the poor online ticketing system, while others can buy online at any time of the day or night, and you can understand why ST holders are getting disgruntled. The advantages of being an ST holder are being eroded by the club.

PS Not everyone wants to sit in the Quarry Lane stand. ;)

Your season ticket money helps the club in the summer just as much as it helps it in the winter don’t go thinking this is the only income the club gets in the summer months as it’s not and nowhere near the amount the club will get in league tv revenue and solidarity payments.

A well run club like Mansfield willl already have money in place to pay there staff for the summer months it’s called a well ran budget.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:04 pm

Exactly Dave. Members can attend a handful of games, decide its crap and not return. Having done so at a cheaper rate than ST holders who commit to there cost per game for every game up front. It's just not right.

They should limit the membership deal to a fixed number of games throughout the season. Or at least structure this so a ST is still cheaper per game or make the membership fee higher so there is more of a commitment to get half price entry.

I get no one is forcing me to buy a ST but I have anyway, as I have for many many years now and it's not about the kudos as Dan makes out... I like my spot and the priory tickets for cup games or play offs etc, I also can't be arsed to have to buy tickets every few weeks. Their are benefits to having one but it's just a kick in the teeth that others who aren't committing we much up front can watch so much cheaper even if they only attend a few games.

If no one got a ST and we had a very bad season (say bottom half) the attendances would be much much worse and the revenue would be way down. Having a good number of STs sold ensures revenues despite how the season pans out.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:51 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Beano » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:53 pm

Quarry Lane memberships now sold out.

In future seasons, can I suggest that people buy the deal that suits them, and not complain about the deals they don’t want?

:coys:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:59 pm

How many have been sold? A fantastic initiative imo. More flexibility than the ST and I’ve always preferred the view. Stags usually kicking towards you second half. As a kid I always loved the North Stand and I’m still the same now, having tried a few seasons in IGU, yes good views but not nearly as exciting when the lads are scoring in QLE. Maybe I’m still that kid at heart :)
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:02 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:How many have been sold?

It's in the article:

Approximately 800 memberships – which entitle members to purchase home match tickets at half price when bought in advance of matchday – have been snapped up by Stags’ fans.

Read more at https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2019 ... -sold-out/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Jamie » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:36 pm

Beano wrote:Quarry Lane memberships now sold out.

In future seasons, can I suggest that people buy the deal that suits them, and not complain about the deals they don’t want?

Yeah you could suggest it but it makes you look like a right arse...

Before we go any further, we'd best just check if there's anything else you want to censor while your at it? Can we discuss players, tactics, management etc under your new regime?

My bad, Beano, I thought this was a discussion forum where people could, you know, give opinions on all things stags related, of which ticketing and pricing is a reasonably big topic.

Maybe this censorship idea of yours could extend further. Instead of criticising a player, simply close your eyes when they have the ball, then you'll have no need to complain about their performance...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:39 pm

Jamie wrote:

Before we go any further, we'd best just check if there's anything else you want to censor while your at it? Can we discuss players, tactics, management etc under your new regime?

My bad, Beano, I thought this was a discussion forum where people could, you know, give opinions on all things stags related, of which ticketing and pricing is a reasonably big topic.

Maybe this censorship idea of yours could extend further. Instead of criticising a player, simply close your eyes when they have the ball, then you'll have no need to complain about their performance...

Jamie’s just mad because his mate Keith won’t be getting any of the cash generated.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:45 pm

My mate Keith... Haha, oh that's a good one. Very original too... please stop, my sides are splitting...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Its all about choice really. Many cannot afford a season ticket, get to every game, (sometimes for me its 200 mile round trip). Its not about who is a better supporter.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:06 pm

Jamie wrote:

Giving opinions is fine. Buying one deal then moaning about the alternate (which you could have bought) is pathetic.

Doing the same thing for 2 years...............

Well, you tell me :lol:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:27 pm

Jamie wrote:Exactly Dave. Members can attend a handful of games, decide its crap and not return. Having done so at a cheaper rate than ST holders who commit to there cost per game for every game up front. It's just not right.

They should limit the membership deal to a fixed number of games throughout the season. Or at least structure this so a ST is still cheaper per game or make the membership fee higher so there is more of a commitment to get half price entry.

I get no one is forcing me to buy a ST but I have anyway, as I have for many many years now and it's not about the kudos as Dan makes out... I like my spot and the priory tickets for cup games or play offs etc, I also can't be arsed to have to buy tickets every few weeks. Their are benefits to having one but it's just a kick in the teeth that others who aren't committing we much up front can watch so much cheaper even if they only attend a few games.

If no one got a ST and we had a very bad season (say bottom half) the attendances would be much much worse and the revenue would be way down. Having a good number of STs sold ensures revenues despite how the season pans out.

Jamie you've contradicted oneself you can't make the same point n turn it to validate the point your raising...

The final point you make is the flip side of the team having a great season membership cards sold out if any additional new fans want to watch the team at home they've got to pay full price...... unless MTFC bring in a half season season ticket would you moan about that as well ? Only time will tell....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Jamie wrote:Exactly Dave. Members can attend a handful of games, decide its crap and not return. Having done so at a cheaper rate than ST holders who commit to there cost per game for every game up front. It's just not right.

So Jamie there are advantages to having a season ticket. Likewise there are advantages being a member of the QL scheme.

It's all about choices and choosing the one that's best for the individual.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:59 pm

I’d like a Sausage Roll Season Ticket for the IGU kiosk.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:23 pm

Done. £480 please. :)
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Trenam » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:50 pm

I think if not mistaken,the stand holds over 2,000 why not increase membership to1,200 money in bank,there seems plenty of seats empty at games to me. :coys:
Trenam
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:07 pm

Trenam wrote:I think if not mistaken,the stand holds over 2,000 why not increase membership to1,200 money in bank,there seems plenty of seats empty at games to me. :coys:

Stand holds 1900.

They have to save so many for on the day tickets plus the family tickets too.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum