{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Quarry Lane memberships

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Quarry Lane memberships

Postby Johnny Rotten » Wed May 29, 2019 8:23 pm

Having registered for one of these I just got the automated message confirming receipt;

Thank you for registering for a 2019-20 Quarry Lane Membership.

Our ticket office will confirm the success of the application by way of reply via e-mail.

Confirm success? Have I missed something/anything?

On what grounds could an application be rejected?!
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Re: Quarry Lane memberships

Postby NIGEL » Wed May 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Just a guess on my part, but it does say on the OS that they will be processed subject to remaining availability so presume the only way it would be rejected is when they reach whatever the maximum is that they are prepared to sell.
NIGEL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed May 29, 2019 9:18 pm

I had email confirmation that mines registered. I would imagine you would only fail if they’ve sold out.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Thu May 30, 2019 12:23 am

Also had an email confirming I've got mine. I'm guessing I can pay and collect at any time before the season starts now.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu May 30, 2019 7:45 am

I went to the office yesterday filled in the form paid my money no problem.....

Service exceptional once again from the ticket office
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu May 30, 2019 7:47 am

Johnny Rotten wrote:Having registered for one of these I just got the automated message confirming receipt;

Thank you for registering for a 2019-20 Quarry Lane Membership.

Our ticket office will confirm the success of the application by way of reply via e-mail.

Confirm success? Have I missed something/anything?

On what grounds could an application be rejected?!

because numbers are limited and they sold out last season
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu May 30, 2019 8:31 am

Stoney wrote:Also had an email confirming I've got mine. I'm guessing I can pay and collect at any time before the season starts now.

Wrong Stoney. It takes a few weeks. They need the fixtures first mate.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu May 30, 2019 11:59 am

Been for mine earlier, paid and told will have card in 4 weeks.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Thu May 30, 2019 12:21 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Stoney wrote:Also had an email confirming I've got mine. I'm guessing I can pay and collect at any time before the season starts now.

Of course they do, to print the books! Silly me!

What I meant though is now I've got it confirmed from Lynn I could go down and pay in theory the day before the season starts and won't miss out?
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu May 30, 2019 1:54 pm

Stoney wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

Of course they do, to print the books! Silly me!

What I meant though is now I've got it confirmed from Lynn I could go down and pay in theory the day before the season starts and won't miss out?

I suppose you’re right.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Thu May 30, 2019 5:44 pm

Thanks all. Perhaps I was reading into it a little toooooo much!

On a personal note Lynn emailed me at 0730 confirming I'm registered. An early start for her this morning!
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu May 30, 2019 6:52 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:Thanks all. Perhaps I was reading into it a little toooooo much!

On a personal note Lynn emailed me at 0730 confirming I'm registered. An early start for her this morning!

Bless her. She was flagging a little when I went down to renew my ST at 4pm!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu May 30, 2019 8:12 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:Thanks all. Perhaps I was reading into it a little toooooo much!

Or an auto response e mail? :D :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri May 31, 2019 5:34 am

The One wrote:

Or an auto response e mail? :D :D

We're talking Mansfield Town here (One) anything sufficient doesn't come in our vocabulary of making things easy for the fans on n off the pitch....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Fri May 31, 2019 3:55 pm

I couldn't get the online form to work.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby dazstag » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:52 am

does anyone know how many of these we are selling as i was number 720 on the list?
dazstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:59 am

dazstag wrote:does anyone know how many of these we are selling as i was number 720 on the list?

Don't judge on the members thing - I'm member 6699 for season ticket (the last 4 seasons or so) and we obviously don't have that many

hopefully a good number though
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:30 pm

dazstag wrote:does anyone know how many of these we are selling as i was number 720 on the list?

719 :D :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:38 pm

Whilst a great deal for fans, these memberships are essentially the management sticking two fingers up at season ticket holders.

A ST should always be the cheapest average ticket price. Its £100 more for a non early bird ST holder than it is for a member to watch every game. A fixed seat and priory tickets is surely not worth 100 quid.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:59 pm

Jamie wrote:Whilst a great deal for fans, these memberships are essentially the management sticking two fingers up at season ticket holders.

A ST should always be the cheapest average ticket price. Its £100 more for a non early bird ST holder than it is for a member to watch every game. A fixed seat and priory tickets is surely not worth 100 quid.

True, but it's also a case that they can charge away fans more.

Had we gone up to league 1 for instance we'd have had 10/12 clubs bringing 1,000 plus - would have made a big difference - as it is in league 2 next season we might get 3
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:22 pm

Do you think there is actually any planning that goes into our pricing structure?? We give it half a minute's thought on the Monday after the season's finished. Then we get round to seeing what section of fans we can upset/lose, for the following season.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:39 pm

Jamie wrote:Whilst a great deal for fans, these memberships are essentially the management sticking two fingers up at season ticket holders.

They’re not sticking two fingers up to the ST holders, Jamie. Just you :D
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:55 pm

bigalstag wrote:Do you think there is actually any planning that goes into our pricing structure?? We give it half a minute's thought on the Monday after the season's finished. Then we get round to seeing what section of fans we can upset/lose, for the following season.
Of course there is planning.

If the outcome doesn't meet with your approval ( or other fans ), is a different matter.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:27 pm

Buy a membership card then Jamie no one forces anyone to make a decision on what / which one a supporter buys.
if supporters likes to sit in QLE they've got 4 choices on what they want to pay to watch a game
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:29 pm

Not very often I agree with Jamie, but in this case I do, and said the same things last year.
I know not everyone can afford a season ticket and think that the membership card is a good idea, but the pricing structure is wrong.
Season ticket holders give their money and commitment up front, often before most of the squad is even known, never mind how the season will pan out.
Therefore, having a season ticket should be the cheapest way to attend every home game, as a reward for making that commitment.
If they had simply priced it as £15 per match for the members rather than half price it would still be a massive saving to the membership holders without being a kick in the gonads to ST holders.
I bet there isn't another club in the football league with a scheme that makes it cheaper to not have an ST than to have one.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum