{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season Tickets 2019/20

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20

Postby Sneag » Fri May 17, 2019 2:20 pm

adamstag wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:Just my opinion, but most people are wanting JR to fund a promotion push, these people are the first to moan about ticket prices.

in reality, how much are people going to notice a quid on a match day? Whereas JR is going to notice that quid X 5k fans....

Not bothered about them charging us a little more, we're hooked - we're going to pay it - they know and we know it.

We aren't the people I refer to - we're talking about the young ones which aren't hooked yet - and the pricing towards them isn't clever

If anything it's a point of concern than a "moan"

Exactly Adam, I've already handed over my dosh for next season & to be honest I was expecting a price hike, but then again I was also expecting us to be in a higher division.

I'd love to know what the % of the crowd are made up by unaccompanied youth tickets. My guess from looking around on matchdays is not many. Different time I know, but in the halcyon days of this club, it always felt like big portion of the crowd were teenage lads.

Get while they're young and gullible and you'll get them for life.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri May 17, 2019 2:26 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:Just my opinion, but most people are wanting JR to fund a promotion push, these people are the first to moan about ticket prices.

in reality, how much are people going to notice a quid on a match day? Whereas JR is going to notice that quid X 5k fans....

Exactly. I thought everyone’s in it together. At the risk of the usual mouthbreathers trotting put their bile because I live 175 miles away, 350 quid for a season ticket for at least 23 games is reasonable.

Stands back and awaits a flaming.

No season ticket holders are moaning about the price, why would they it the same as last season.

Adult prices on a matchday are steep for the product but that's the sport we choose to watch.

Youth matchday tickets are double the price they should be if the club is serious about attracting the next generation.

Our fanbase is everybit as geriatric as County's, and that needs to be addressed.

The work with small kids the club do is brilliant, but they are really missing a trick with the 13 to 18 year old feral yoots. Theres shedloads of them sat about on Tichfield Park on matchdays. They could be sat in the QLE.
Last edited by Sneag on Fri May 17, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 17, 2019 2:29 pm

Sneag wrote:Just been and renewed mine.

BTW I have some tickets for Donny races for sale £175 each. ;)

Any reduction for under 18s ? :D

Seriously, well done on renewing your ticket.

I'm waiting for the QL "deal".

Main thing is we will be there.

COYS.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri May 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Perhaps JR is not wanting these feral youths (13-17) coming without a supporting adult. Actually they get in free with a paying adult.

These youths on their own are not worth it as sometimes their behaviour is more trouble than they are worth.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby James » Fri May 17, 2019 3:39 pm

part time pete wrote:Perhaps JR is not wanting these feral youths (13-17) coming without a supporting adult. Actually they get in free with a paying adult.

These youths on their own are not worth it as sometimes their behaviour is more trouble than they are worth.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hold on....

James
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri May 17, 2019 3:43 pm

James wrote:
part time pete wrote:Perhaps JR is not wanting these feral youths (13-17) coming without a supporting adult. Actually they get in free with a paying adult.

Hold on....

You may be onto something there

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri May 17, 2019 3:46 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
Sneag wrote:Just been and renewed mine.

BTW I have some tickets for Donny races for sale £175 each. ;)

Me too...
I'll accept £150 each for mine... :D

Not wishing to undercut the Captain I will accept £150 each. (Paddling pools and lime green jelly don’t grow on trees).
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri May 17, 2019 4:16 pm

Don't get me wrong Pete a hate young people as much as the next curmudgeon, unfortunately we need to get them on board for the longterm future of the club.

I'm sure we were all a positive delight to be around as teenagers.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm

JR is saying they can come in free and get hooked as long as they are supervised by a responsible adult.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri May 17, 2019 4:30 pm

part time pete wrote:JR is saying they can come in free and get hooked as long as they are supervised by a responsible adult.

The last person I'd have wanted to be with at a match as a teen was a redponsible adult. That's why I always enjoyed trips to Sunderland games with my Brother in Law who was/is a maniac. :lol:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat May 18, 2019 5:20 am

Great point you make Pete perhaps when the teenage side of the free entree arrive inside the ground they have the choice to move to a different section of the stand/ground away from adults with kids in the family area.

If I was 18 n paying full price n had a mate who was 17 I would suggest going half on a family ticket if when inside the ground had the choice to move away from the kids.....

Perhaps an idea for when the Bishop St gets developed.... if or when
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby tinman » Sat May 18, 2019 6:51 am

One of Sneags geriatrics here. Why don't the youths on Titchfield Park come into the ground just after half time when they open the gates, like I did. No need to pay the 25p entry fee then
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Sat May 18, 2019 7:01 am

tinman wrote:One of Sneags geriatrics here. Why don't the youths on Titchfield Park come into the ground just after half time when they open the gates, like I did. No need to pay the 25p entry fee then

Simple times mate, simple times. :D
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat May 18, 2019 7:48 am

Still used to do that when I was a kid!

Scary
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed May 22, 2019 5:25 pm

As the club mentioned anything about Membership Card renewal does anyone know
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri May 24, 2019 10:07 pm

Here you go. Pay your £20 and register for a QLE membership to get half price tickets. Bargain!

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat May 25, 2019 6:04 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Here you go. Pay your £20 and register for a QLE membership to get half price tickets. Bargain!

Great to see it’s still the same price.

£273 all in if you attend every game.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat May 25, 2019 6:40 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Here you go. Pay your £20 and register for a QLE membership to get half price tickets. Bargain!

Great to see it’s still the same price.

£273 all in if you attend every game.

Yeah bit of extra admin to get tickets but cheaper than a ST
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat May 25, 2019 7:47 am

Hopefully this year they will not put a limit on the number of QLE members. It should be first come first served for match tickets to encourage fans to buy in advance.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby zygon2003 » Sat May 25, 2019 5:53 pm

Season tickets are only the same as last year if you buy them in a short window with no credit on offer. If you have to save then you lose your seat and pay more. Some can afford this, I know other that can't. The club should have held it at last year's prices until July deadline.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun May 26, 2019 9:05 am

zygon2003 wrote:Season tickets are only the same as last year if you buy them in a short window with no credit on offer. If you have to save then you lose your seat and pay more. Some can afford this, I know other that can't. The club should have held it at last year's prices until July deadline.

What so did season ticket holders from this season not think the club would do any for next ?
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sun May 26, 2019 3:44 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Hopefully this year they will not put a limit on the number of QLE members. It should be first come first served for match tickets to encourage fans to buy in advance.

This.

What the club are actually doing is potentially losing revenue. If a QLE member decides that he's not bothered about going to Crawley at home, then it remains a full price seat sat empty. If somebody else has the ability to purchase a cut-price ticket, then that seat may be filled.

Sell 'em at £20 a pop, sell them endlessly, be it 500 or 5,000. Then let it be a first come first served for who gets what.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 26, 2019 5:18 pm

88BenM wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Hopefully this year they will not put a limit on the number of QLE members. It should be first come first served for match tickets to encourage fans to buy in advance.

This.

What the club are actually doing is potentially losing revenue. If a QLE member decides that he's not bothered about going to Crawley at home, then it remains a full price seat sat empty. If somebody else has the ability to purchase a cut-price ticket, then that seat may be filled.

Sell 'em at £20 a pop, sell them endlessly, be it 500 or 5,000. Then let it be a first come first served for who gets what.
I think there would be a few grumbling if they shelled out even the modest amount of £20 and failed to get a half price ticket. With that in mind the club need to be careful how many QL membership cards they sell.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon May 27, 2019 8:38 am

Amber Andy wrote:
88BenM wrote:

This.

I think there would be a few grumbling if they shelled out even the modest amount of £20 and failed to get a half price ticket. With that in mind the club need to be careful how many QL membership cards they sell.

Id sell as many as possible. If fans can’t be bothered to pick up the phone or go down to the stadium to order tickets in time then tough.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Mon May 27, 2019 9:52 am

Amber Andy wrote:
88BenM wrote:

This.

The QLE was full twice maybe 3 times last season, that was when the business end of the season came around. You've only got to attend 2 matches and you've broken even, 3 matches and you're laughing.

I think the ones that are grumbling can deal with it and pay the extra 11 quid if they really want to attend. It's £350 to reserve your seat anywhere else in the ground, for some reason we are granting this privilege for £20 in the QLE.

With that in mind, I stand by what I said, sell 'em endlessly and a first come first served basis.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum