{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Chipperfield tweet

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Chipperfield tweet

Postby zygon2003 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:23 am

I missed this. What did it say? I've seen a few references to it in Flitcroft discussions over past few days.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Chipperfield tweet

Postby ParisStag » Mon May 20, 2019 7:32 am

ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby zygon2003 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:43 am

Thanks. Interesting. He explanded further anywhere?
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ParisStag » Mon May 20, 2019 7:56 am

zygon2003 wrote:Thanks. Interesting. He explanded further anywhere?

Don't think so. From when I can see, him and Ando were just posted the one comment each once Flicker got the flick.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon May 20, 2019 8:00 am

see page 3 of the ungrateful fans thread for context.

Robin Chipperfield also referred to it in response to a facebook post by John Lomas where John said:
After all but finishing off this week's Chad sports pages a few hours before deadline, this happens . . . . . . . . (Flitcroft sacking)

and Robin responded:
Not unhappy tho eh? Worth the effort...!
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon May 20, 2019 8:06 am

David Flitcroft did not do much media work compared to Paul Cox and Adam Murray. He only usually did an interview on a Thursday and a post match interview. I don't think he always did a pre-match interview which may have annoyed Chippers at BBC Radio Nottingham.

DF came across as a decent bloke but I don't think he was particularly keen on media work or making himself available for an interview. Robin Chipperfield may therefore have concluded he was uncooperative.

Personally I think DF was right to cut back on the number of manager's interviews. Familiarity can sometimes breed contempt as happened with some fans with Paul Cox. I thought one interview a week was enough.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon May 20, 2019 8:13 am

Lomas and Chipperfield arnt Stags fans.

To me it has as much credibility as a post on Bob's Board or the Notts County forum.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Mon May 20, 2019 8:22 am

Cant even remember the last time I even listened to any managers interviews, cliche after cliche of rehashed gobbledegook that left you more confused than when you started to listen.
I hope Demps avoids these pointless minefields too.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Forever Optimistic » Mon May 20, 2019 10:33 am

The way I've been led to understand these tweets was with reference to the treatment of Anderson
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby pemill » Mon May 20, 2019 11:49 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:David Flitcroft did not do much media work compared to Paul Cox and Adam Murray. He only usually did an interview on a Thursday and a post match interview. I don't think he always did a pre-match interview which may have annoyed Chippers at BBC Radio Nottingham.

DF came across as a decent bloke but I don't think he was particularly keen on media work or making himself available for an interview. Robin Chipperfield may therefore have concluded he was uncooperative.

Personally I think DF was right to cut back on the number of manager's interviews. Familiarity can sometimes breed contempt as happened with some fans with Paul Cox. I thought one interview a week was enough.

Wot :shock: he didn't galvanise them
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon May 20, 2019 11:54 am

steiner wrote:Cant even remember the last time I even listened to any managers interviews, cliche after cliche of rehashed gobbledegook that left you more confused than when you started to listen.
I hope Demps avoids these pointless minefields too.

True, all managers produce more waffle than a Belgian street food kiosk and serve up more reheated stodge than Greggs.

Perhaps there's more to it, but just looks like he was standing up for his jilted lover Ando
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon May 20, 2019 12:45 pm

Forever Optimistic wrote:The way I've been led to understand these tweets was with reference to the treatment of Anderson

Think you’re right, he’s quite close with PA isn’t he? Think they’ve done a few shows together.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon May 20, 2019 2:40 pm

Wish Anderson would just come and say what happened now or somebody, or just shut up.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:05 pm

Very strong rumour is Anderson demanded to be played at right wing (he was unhappy that Evans believed he was a right back) and he wanted to be a regular starter. Flitcroft said Central midfield or RWB because we will play with wing backs. Anderson chucked the toys out the pram (he was also unhappy at the amount of extra training compared to the season before) and refused to move on because nobody was offering the same wages we were. Also a rumour that Diamond was unhappy that we weren't building the team around Anderson.

Anderson has since moved onto league one and has managed a total of ~20 minutes in 5 sub appearances. Clearly not a massive loss.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon May 20, 2019 3:17 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Very strong rumour is Anderson demanded to be played at right wing (he was unhappy that Evans believed he was a right back) and he wanted to be a regular starter. Flitcroft said Central midfield or RWB because we will play with wing backs. Anderson chucked the toys out the pram (he was also unhappy at the amount of extra training compared to the season before) and refused to move on because nobody was offering the same wages we were. Also a rumour that Diamond was unhappy that we weren't building the team around Anderson.

Anderson has since moved onto league one and has managed a total of ~20 minutes in 5 sub appearances. Clearly not a massive loss.

And was released at the end of the season, he stole Oxygen as well as money from us and has been pretty classless since he left.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon May 20, 2019 4:07 pm

Rob wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Very strong rumour is Anderson demanded to be played at right wing (he was unhappy that Evans believed he was a right back) and he wanted to be a regular starter. Flitcroft said Central midfield or RWB because we will play with wing backs. Anderson chucked the toys out the pram (he was also unhappy at the amount of extra training compared to the season before) and refused to move on because nobody was offering the same wages we were. Also a rumour that Diamond was unhappy that we weren't building the team around Anderson.

And was released at the end of the season, he stole Oxygen as well as money from us and has been pretty classless since he left.

He’s irritating me due to the tweet that he deleted etc but we still don’t know if this is true, or even if the blame was split etc so let’s not pretend otherwise.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Stephen » Mon May 20, 2019 8:55 pm

Anderson tweeted “to tweet or not to tweet” with a few crying with laughter faces after we lost to Newport for those who don’t know what was said
Stephen
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby daddycool » Tue May 21, 2019 5:18 am

I think it all comes out after 10 years in the official secrets act
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Tue May 21, 2019 5:45 am

Forget Paul Anderson. His contribution will to our club will be quickly forgotten.

Some players leave with class praising the club and supporters, thinking of Matt Green and Ryan Tafazolli. Others move on and cannot help but spiteful comments about their time here.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Tue May 21, 2019 7:01 am

That's footballers, they are human after all.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 21, 2019 7:37 am

oldweststander wrote:That's footballers, they are human after all.
True. Some act with dignity and some act like spoiled children.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue May 21, 2019 9:20 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Lomas and Chipperfield arnt Stags fans.

To me it has as much credibility as a post on Bob's Board or the Notts County forum.

What's that got to do with it!? :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 21, 2019 9:28 pm

Dan wrote:

We shouldn't take much notice especially if it's tittle tattle.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue May 21, 2019 9:32 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:

:lol: :lol: They saw Flitcroft 2-3 times a week (or were meant to ;) ) yet you don't think we should listen to what they say!? You're unbelievable. Yet if they said anything bad about Steve Evans you'd believe every word!!!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue May 21, 2019 9:35 pm

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:

:lol: :lol: They saw Flitcroft 2-3 times a week (or were meant to ;) ) yet you don't think we should listen to what they say!? You're unbelievable. Yet if they said anything bad about Steve Evans you'd believe every word!!!

Probably !

Perhaps somebody should spill the beans ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum