{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Retained List

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Retained List

Postby Bradders » Fri May 17, 2019 7:32 am

Strikers, strikers, strikers. It's all about strikers. At the moment we have a couple of reserve strikers and that's it.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri May 17, 2019 7:32 am

We have signed a young midfielder name of Ethan Hill.He is Paul Matthews grandson and is nearly 17 was on Forests books.Dempster rates him very highly.If he turns out to be as good as Paul then we will have a good player on our hands.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri May 17, 2019 8:25 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Where are you finding this Tippy? The club are useless on informing us of youth and backroom staff departures.

He sent out a tweet sam that implied he had left.

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri May 17, 2019 8:26 am

We usually offer professional contracts to 5 of our U18s every season. Any news on this yet?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri May 17, 2019 8:28 am

geoffhill wrote:We have signed a young midfielder name of Ethan Hill.He is Paul Matthews grandson and is nearly 17 was on Forests books.Dempster rates him very highly.If he turns out to be as good as Paul then we will have a good player on our hands.

That's good news Geoff.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Paul Matthews my favourite ever Stags player,a great No 4, never gave the ball away and along with playmaker Hodgson a great midfield pairing.Hope to see him at the Mill.Last time I saw him close up,around 10 yrs ago ,he seemed to have hardly aged,unlike me.Maybe it's watching Stags that ages you prematurely.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri May 17, 2019 4:10 pm

Bradders wrote:Strikers, strikers, strikers. It's all about strikers. At the moment we have a couple of reserve strikers and that's it.

Exactly. We need 2 decent strikers with different attributes. Both need to be able to score.

Still hoping Davies comes good too.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri May 17, 2019 4:20 pm

A fit Davies would be like a new signing. Half way there, then.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat May 18, 2019 7:47 pm

I was very surprised that Davies was not around towards the end of the season.i understood that he had a loose piece of bone in his ankle.Any one know at what stage he is able to play.Olejnik as well.White will be fit for the new season.we need a couple of midfielders and a couple of strikers.Hylton would be top of my list.Hated him when he played against us.He has played with Macca at Oxford.Don't think he will feature for Luton.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat May 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Hylton and Akinfenwa would be top of my list. The Beast is available.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum