{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Congratulations John Dempster

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Congratulations John Dempster

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu May 16, 2019 5:25 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Cox would take care of the youth team. Think he'd do a good job and instill some great qualities in the young players.

I don’t see him with the sorta qualities to coach youth players.

This is the age where they menna be improving there’s technique, first touch and ability to play a pass under pressure not how to hoof the ball up top.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 16, 2019 6:13 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Cox would take care of the youth team. Think he'd do a good job and instill some great qualities in the young players.

This is the age where they menna be improving there’s technique, first touch and ability to play a pass under pressure not how to hoof the ball up top.

yeah because you can judge someone's coaching abilities from the style of football they played. some pretty harsh comments towards Cox here, most are unjustified.

none of us know what he would be like as a coach. if JD wanted to play a passing style then Cox (if he were to become a coach) would have to adapt to JD's requirements
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Number63 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:50 pm

I wonder if John Dempster reads our considered thoughts?

Any way best of luck.

posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=35744#
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Thu May 16, 2019 6:56 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:

In English please.

Style of play because he had raspberry players in league two doesn't mean he cant coach young players... he'd get the best out of them and get them ready to work hard.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Thu May 16, 2019 8:07 pm

A leopard can't change his spots.I can remember when Cox insisted that marriott was not allowed to throw the ball out.He had to launch it up to the likes of Dyer and rhead to flick it on and hope we could pick up the second ball.Many thanks to Cox for what he achieved but we need to move on from his type of football.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 16, 2019 9:00 pm

geoffhill wrote:A leopard can't change his spots.I can remember when Cox insisted that marriott was not allowed to throw the ball out.He had to launch it up to the likes of Dyer and rhead to flick it on and hope we could pick up the second ball.Many thanks to Cox for what he achieved but we need to move on from his type of football.

I seem to remember the goal at Hereford was a big punt from mazza, headed on by rhead and finished by greeny.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu May 16, 2019 11:34 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

In English please.

Style of play because he had raspberry players in league two doesn't mean he cant coach young players... he'd get the best out of them and get them ready to work hard.

Style of play was hit it long in the conference too or was you too busy with DCFC back then to remember.

Under 18s need to be getting used to playing s they ball about under pressure building from the back not something that cox is renown for.

Cox is a good manager but not imo someone to develop youth talent....he’s never done it before so what makes you think he will be good at it ???
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:11 am

geoffhill wrote:A leopard can't change his spots.I can remember when Cox insisted that marriott was not allowed to throw the ball out.He had to launch it up to the likes of Dyer and rhead to flick it on and hope we could pick up the second ball.Many thanks to Cox for what he achieved but we need to move on from his type of football.

If thats all you've got to score with then give it them quicly.
Who knows what Cox could of done with this squad.
The talent of defenders in non league made having a greeny and Rheady up front gave you the chance.
If the balls not in your half then they can't score. (Was the old saying) nowadays it's if we've got it in our half they won't score.
Then you have the Leicester way of you have it for 80% of the game and we counter attack and win the prem.
Or the Newcastle way of you score 3 and we score 4.
I think we are so close to being top contenders and it's letting the players be who they are.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 17, 2019 5:18 am

chip63 wrote:

The talent of defenders in non league made having a greeny and Rheady up front gave you the chance.
If the balls not in your half then they can't score. (Was the old saying) nowadays it's if we've got it in our half they won't score.
Then you have the Leicester way of you have it for 80% of the game and we counter attack and win the prem.
I think we are so close to being top contenders and it's letting the players be who they are.
I will always be grateful for PC for gaining promotion out of non league, but he wouldn't have done anything with this squad. Sam Clucas was one of the most talented footballer's we've had in years but was never used to his potential under PC's management.

PC achieved for us in non league but didn't achieve much after that with other non league clubs.

We need someone who has achieved at lower league level who has contacts and has the ability to guide JD.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri May 17, 2019 6:25 am

Amber Andy wrote:
chip63 wrote:

I will always be grateful for PC for gaining promotion out of non league, but he wouldn't have done anything with this squad. Sam Clucas was one of the most talented footballer's we've had in years but was never used to his potential under PC's management.

PC achieved for us in non league but didn't achieve much after that with other non league clubs.

We need someone who has achieved at lower league level who has contacts and has the ability to guide JD.

There’s plenty on here that know ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING about the game. Hands up if you want the job.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri May 17, 2019 6:35 am

I'd be more than happy for Cox to have role at the club again. Nothing against him whatsoever.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri May 17, 2019 7:59 am

MTFCMAD wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

In English please.

Style of play was hit it long in the conference too or was you too busy with DCFC back then to remember.

Under 18s need to be getting used to playing s they ball about under pressure building from the back not something that cox is renown for.

Cox is a good manager but not imo someone to develop youth talent....he’s never done it before so what makes you think he will be good at it ???

You've got actual problems. Talk about obsessed.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:03 am

Amber Andy wrote:
chip63 wrote:

Cox would have achieved as much as DF with this squad - league 2 football next season.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri May 17, 2019 9:31 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
chip63 wrote:

Cox would have achieved as much as DF with this squad - league 2 football next season.

Depends what you mean by achievement I suppose.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun May 19, 2019 9:28 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
chip63 wrote:

No chance, imo bud. Cox was hoofball & we were less of an aerial threat up front than a paraplegic umpalumpa
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum