{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Our ground

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Our ground

Postby geoffhill » Tue May 14, 2019 8:21 am

Promotion first ground later.We would according to someone in the know be £1000 000 better off in league one.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue May 14, 2019 8:22 am

nobby +1 wrote:fan zone extending from sandy bar with a canopy butlins style roof table chairs outside fast food and bar

This is exactly what we need. We have outgrew the Sandy Pate bar. That shows most weeks when they're queuing to the door. On Sunday the queue reached outside at one point.

Surely there is space somewhere for a fan zone? Will we need the training pitch when the training pitches at Pleasley are fully ready this summer?

Even Accrington are getting it better than us ATM. Check out their fan zone where they have bands on pre-match, happy hours etc.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue May 14, 2019 8:29 am

baz wrote:Would love one like Chesterfield not built on the cheap .

It looks like a dog track stadium !
I'd rather have our impressive cantilever west stand
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue May 14, 2019 11:09 am

Stoney wrote:
nobby +1 wrote:fan zone extending from sandy bar with a canopy butlins style roof table chairs outside fast food and bar

This is exactly what we need. We have outgrew the Sandy Pate bar. That shows most weeks when they're queuing to the door. On Sunday the queue reached outside at one point.

Surely there is space somewhere for a fan zone? Will we need the training pitch when the training pitches at Pleasley are fully ready this summer?

Even Accrington are getting it better than us ATM. Check out their fan zone where they have bands on pre-match, happy hours etc.

100% correct.

Especially with less and less options for a beer in town a good pre match experience at the ground I.e bands etc would be brilliant.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue May 14, 2019 10:57 pm

New stands and hotels have no chance of being built now. How can you finance them when you are cutting back on the football team?
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Binghamstag » Tue May 14, 2019 11:43 pm

How do you know all this raspberries. Have you got inside into? Just asking
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldnic » Thu May 16, 2019 2:37 pm

bigalstag wrote:New stands and hotels have no chance of being built now. How can you finance them when you are cutting back on the football team?

Cutting back, not seen any evidence?
oldnic
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tre Cool » Thu May 16, 2019 6:15 pm

I think a new Bishop st stand should be developed now and not if or when we're in higher leagues. Say if we had succeeded in promotion and the first game in league 1 was Sunderland at home, the demand for 2500+ seats would be instant. Bradford could even bring that next season.
Other clubs can cater for this demand. Exeter are developing a new stand and they are stuck in League 2 for another season, Northampton have a recent new stand too. (I don't know their circumstances and in the Cobblers case had some issues recently)

Though it brings in revenue as the world's biggest advertising hoarding, there is plenty of room in the corners on the ground for advertising.

I just think a completed stadium would bring even more positive vibe that could subconsciously impact the player's performance. (It must feel a bit souless playing on the far wing)
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu May 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Tre Cool wrote:I think a new Bishop st stand should be developed now and not if or when we're in higher leagues. Say if we had succeeded in promotion and the first game in league 1 was Sunderland at home, the demand for 2500+ seats would be instant. Bradford could even bring that next season.
Other clubs can cater for this demand. Exeter are developing a new stand and they are stuck in League 2 for another season, Northampton have a recent new stand too. (I don't know their circumstances and in the Cobblers case had some issues recently)

Though it brings in revenue as the world's biggest advertising hoarding, there is plenty of room in the corners on the ground for advertising.

I just think a completed stadium would bring even more positive vibe that could subconsciously impact the player's performance. (It must feel a bit souless playing on the far wing)

They probably perform better on that side anyway as it's less intimidating. Let's face it they didn't perform when the atmosphere ramped up a notch or two with a half decent crowd anywhere.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Fri May 17, 2019 8:01 am

A small double tier stand would fit in the Bishop Street side nicely .
Get rid of that scoreboard & position a slimmer one under the roof on the away end .
It would make the stadium 100% better .
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri May 17, 2019 4:16 pm

Small double tiered stand :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri May 17, 2019 4:18 pm

Spiritater wrote:Small double tiered stand :lol:

Hereford, Brentford, Southend, Bradford all have dinky 2 tier stands.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:18 pm

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t think their has been any pictures of the proposed stand.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri May 17, 2019 4:31 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t think their has been any pictures of the proposed stand.

https://www.stagsnet.net/fm/images/Bishop04.jpg
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:36 pm

Thanks Pete.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri May 17, 2019 4:42 pm

bigalstag wrote:New stands and hotels have no chance of being built now. How can you finance them when you are cutting back on the football team?

Load of raspberrys..

A nice little stand like Accrington's new one would be perfect... It cost them 1 million and is a nice simple stand.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Fri May 17, 2019 4:46 pm

A new stand is going to cost a fair bit of money so we either have one we stick with for 10 years or none at all.

We barely sell out as it is. We don't even come close sometimes, so why do people think we should spend 2-3million+ on a new stand that will probably get full?
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Fri May 17, 2019 4:57 pm

We should make more of the oldest ground status and build a Museum of Football History in one of the stands or between them. World class football related exhibitions and a gallery in the history of the club. Could even push for some kind recognised status - perhaps not world heritage, but something like it. We'd probably be able to get it mostly funded too.

Having that plus a fan zone would make an away trip to Field Mill much more of an occasion for visiting fans.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri May 17, 2019 5:03 pm

part time pete wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t think their has been any pictures of the proposed stand.

https://www.stagsnet.net/fm/images/Bishop04.jpg

That’s from 2002...I think the plans radford has drawn up are nothing like this feeble attempt Haslam had knocked up.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri May 17, 2019 5:07 pm

ParisStag wrote:We should make more of the oldest ground status and build a Museum of Football History in one of the stands or between them. World class football related exhibitions and a gallery in the history of the club. Could even push for some kind recognised status - perhaps not world heritage, but something like it. We'd probably be able to get it mostly funded too.

Having that plus a fan zone would make an away trip to Field Mill much more of an occasion for visiting fans.

Notts Clownty were going to do something similar in regards to their 'World's Oldest Football League Club' tag during the closed season but something went wrong in the 10 months previous allegedly.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri May 17, 2019 5:22 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:A new stand is going to cost a fair bit of money so we either have one we stick with for 10 years or none at all.

We barely sell out as it is. We don't even come close sometimes, so why do people think we should spend 2-3million+ on a new stand that will probably get full?

You go up and play Sunderland.. or any other big club.. you've lost out on more away fans straight away.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri May 17, 2019 5:56 pm

ParisStag wrote:We should make more of the oldest ground status and build a Museum of Football History in one of the stands or between them. World class football related exhibitions and a gallery in the history of the club. Could even push for some kind recognised status - perhaps not world heritage, but something like it. We'd probably be able to get it mostly funded too.

Ooh they will come in their droves ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Fri May 17, 2019 6:13 pm

Can someone refresh my memory please ? How long has the bishop street been closed. I remember when I was a kid sitting in the seats and climbing on the ledge down the walk way at the front and that was fifty yrs ago.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:41 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Can someone refresh my memory please ? How long has the bishop street been closed. I remember when I was a kid sitting in the seats and climbing on the ledge down the walk way at the front and that was fifty yrs ago.

It was still open in 2000 as I sat in there watching Arsenal v Doncaster Belles in the women's FA cup semi-final.

Not sure how much longer after that it lasted but wouldn't have been too long.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Fri May 17, 2019 7:01 pm

I think the Northampton fans might’ve been the last ones on the terraces
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum