{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Press conference 15th May

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Press conference 15th May

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed May 15, 2019 8:00 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:
Conker wrote:
gavinbrookes wrote:
Conker wrote:
WVStag wrote:We simply NEED to hear from Radford on this, and hopefully it'll be very soon. There are questions that need answering for the supporters.

We need to know exactly what is happening here. The rumours about a budget cut in light of this appointment makes sense. That will be massive in figuring out what kind of state we will be in for next season; it'll tell us exactly what JR's expectations are for Dempster as manager, as well as giving us a reasonable expectation of what will come along with that regarding the playing staff.

This whole thing from the appointment of Demps, to the shoddy job of announcing it, to the pitiful press conference today has looked like a rushed job that has only served to cook up more worry and nervousness from fans regarding next season even at this early stage.

Radford has to know how uninspiring this is. The last 2 seasons have been nothing but 'project promotion' and 'we're on our way' from the ENTIRE club. Now we don't know what the move is. Whatever the move is from here, whether it's business as usual and project promotion is still a go, or whether it's the pursestrings have been tightened, we need to know. What I will say is to go from project promotion, full steam ahead L1 to what this feels like now is night and day, and it hurts to be fair, especially if what we think is happening is happening. Communication breeds clarity, and clarity breeds confidence. Most of the time.

Hugely inaccurate - they actually said more than once that they regret all that sort of stuff under Steve Evans and were now going to go about business more low key.

Nope - Carolyn for one has referred to #projectpromotion ALL of last season.

Yes - he says from the entire club.

Hahaha she's our CEO mate. If she says it's project promotion, that's what it is.

Some folk on here would benefit from a summer break!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed May 15, 2019 8:37 pm

Well the retained list is out and low and behold no massive cull or budget cut in sight.

Is that the panick over? Can we pick the toys up?

No surprises for me but of course some of those under contract could still be leaving if he fee is right. We won't know the true squad until the end of August and I wonder how many tantrums we will see before then.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 15, 2019 8:52 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Well the retained list is out and low and behold no massive cull or budget cut in sight.

No surprises for me but of course some of those under contract could still be leaving if he fee is right. We won't know the true squad until the end of August and I wonder how many tantrums we will see before then.
The retained list looks strong. The fact Logan has took up an extension squashes the rumour he walked out. Pleased to see Bobby awarded a contract.

I feel a bit easier, but I'm hoping he brings an experienced guy as his assistant who knows leagues 1 and 2 and has contacts.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Wed May 15, 2019 10:31 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Well the retained list is out and low and behold no massive cull or budget cut in sight.

Remarkable post. You've literally undermined your own argument in the final paragraph. The retained list was never going to reveal much at all. The proof of anything will be in the standard of replacement for Walker and CJ (when the latter moves on) - two of our best and most important players last season. So, as you yourself say, we can't be sure of anything until August, unless the chairman updates us before then.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:49 am

You gotta laugh at half the posts you read on here. Either got fans criticising a manager, without giving the guy a chance or just constantly slagging the team off.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu May 16, 2019 7:07 am

gavinbrookes wrote:

Remarkable post. You've literally undermined your own argument in the final paragraph. The retained list was never going to reveal much at all. The proof of anything will be in the standard of replacement for Walker and CJ (when the latter moves on) - two of our best and most important players last season. So, as you yourself say, we can't be sure of anything until August, unless the chairman updates us before then.

Just how many conspiracy theories do you subscribe to?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu May 16, 2019 7:20 am

Welcome to the world of the internet and social media. A platform for idiots to spout raspberries!
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:39 am

We are all probably feeling a bit raw and miffed after the flop end of the season
Lets all pull together again for the new era with all the likely twists and turns ahead and if we can bag a really good striker we can maybe make it third time lucky.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum