{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Retained List

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Retained List

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed May 15, 2019 6:06 pm

Logan mehhhhhhh !
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 15, 2019 6:07 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Logan mehhhhhhh !

even after how he performed in the play offs? Logan and olejnik are two good goalkeeping options
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 pm

Echo the comments about Khan deserving more of a run next season.

Very happy overal with the list. Was expecting a lot to leave.
Atleast now we are in a situation where we can atleast demand a fee for players who could end up leaving.

Imagine the loan players wages were a very big sum too so atleast we have cut that from wage budget for now.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby AlanStag » Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 pm

I always think it's a bit short sighted when clubs announce they are transfer listing players on the retained list. Most of the time they never get sold and have to be part of the squad anyway like Atkinson, Anderson and Diamond. Just makes the situation worse all around.

You can put the word around footballing circles that a player is available without announcing it on the website. I'm certain that we won't start the season with all of those players who are under contract but I wouldn't grumble if we did.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed May 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:No no no, MacDonald, Davies, Kahn and Rose. List them and tell them to find other clubs

What’s Khan done wrong?

Started the season very well, got injured and then couldn’t really find his way back into the side. In his sub appearances at the end of this season he’s been very good.

What's he done right? Too lightweight.

Too lightweight :lol:

Here he is completing ITV’s Ninja Warrior back in 2016! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf0VBYSX8kM :lol:

Flyweight youth, every time he came on he was easily brushed aside
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed May 15, 2019 6:20 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:No no no, MacDonald, Davies, Kahn and Rose. List them and tell them to find other clubs

What’s Khan done wrong?

Started the season very well, got injured and then couldn’t really find his way back into the side. In his sub appearances at the end of this season he’s been very good.

What's he done right? Too lightweight.

Too lightweight :lol:

Here he is completing ITV’s Ninja Warrior back in 2016! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf0VBYSX8kM :lol:

Flyweight youth, every time he came on he was easily brushed aside

Was one of the best players in the league when at Yeovil and played very well at the start of the season. DF should of got him back in the squad but he signed grant
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed May 15, 2019 6:39 pm

Like the look of it and shows that the only budget cuts are DF his staff and Abbott. Strong squad for next season. Looks good.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Wed May 15, 2019 6:43 pm

What about the under 21s. Have they all been released. Or just Hakeem and Wilder ?
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed May 15, 2019 6:51 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

even after how he performed in the play offs? Logan and olejnik are two good goalkeeping options

Logan is a good shot stopper i agree played well apart from rush of blood in first game Newport game which was a carbon copy of what he did v Gimps and also in the return leg however thought he might bring in someone else who thinks quicker, reacts quicker with distribution and commands his area, oh well here’s hoping Bobby is fit for the start of the season
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 15, 2019 6:53 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Logan is a good shot stopper i agree play well apart from rush of blood in first game, which was a carbon copy of what he did v Gimps however thought he might bring in someone else who thinks quicker, reacts quicker with distribution and commands his area, oh well here’s hoping Bobby is fit for the start of the season

if the ref did his job properly, he wouldn't have given a penalty because it never was and we received an apology regarding it. don't think Bobby will be fit for august, I've heard October but things can change.

and the attributes you listed for goalkeepers is pretty hard to find in league two. keepers who can do all that won't stay at this level for long
Last edited by bobbystagsfan on Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Logan is a good shot stopper i agree played well apart from rush of blood in first game Newport game which was a carbon copy of what he did v Gimps and also in the return leg however thought he might bring in someone else who thinks quicker, reacts quicker with distribution and commands his area, oh well here’s hoping Bobby is fit for the start of the season

Yorkie...bobby won’t be fit until October time so why would we get rid of the only fit keeper we have contracted to the club. We will probs bring someone in on loan till Xmas to cover Bobby till he is fully fit.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:55 pm

For all the remarks about reduced budget etc, most of the players are still under contract.

:coys:
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed May 15, 2019 6:57 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Yorkie...bobby won’t be fit until October time so why would we get rid of the only fit keeper we have contracted to the club. We will probs bring someone in on loan till Xmas to cover Bobby till he is fully fit.

i think keeper is the one area we really needed to strengthen imo
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 15, 2019 7:03 pm

We had the best defence in the league, and the goalkeeper is part of that defense. We never lost by more than 1 goal all season or something like that did we? Doesn't need strengthening that much. Midfield and Attack is our priority now that we won't get back a player who contributed 26 goals to our campaign
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:09 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

i think keeper is the one area we really needed to strengthen imo

i think we need to get a loan keeper in until bobby is back fully fit, if bobby was fit now i think logan would have been released
Fitzy499
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:12 pm

Good luck will.

Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed May 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Assuming CJ is leaving, we need some wingers in and a quick striker for sure. Even if JD is planning to play 3-5-2, at least the wingers would give him the flexibility to switch it up.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed May 15, 2019 7:18 pm

KirkbyStag2 wrote:For all the remarks about reduced budget etc, most of the players are still under contract.

:coys:

Look at the money that's gone though or could still go. The loan players aren't cheap, neither are Mellis or Turner. Atko will have been on a few quid.

The budget will be judged on who now comes in.

That said I'm actually pretty happy with the list. It's a stable squad being retained and if we only lose say CJ and Mellis, we only need to sign 2 strikers, a wing back and a midfielder.

I feel a bit better about the weeks events now. It's good to have that much stability in the squad, so long as JD can pick them up after what's happened.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed May 15, 2019 7:23 pm

Have to say, although I am a bit underwhelmed with the decisions around the manager, the retained list has picked me up a bit.

A note of caution though, if the players were under contract then we couldn't just release them anyway. It'll be interesting to see if any are moved on via transfers.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Good luck will.

Nice to see an ex-player showing a bit of class.

Good luck Will, from me too.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed May 15, 2019 7:38 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Under contract 2019-20 AND/OR BEYOND:

Hayden White
Mal Benning
Matt Preston
Krystian Pearce
Alex MacDonald
Neal Bishop
Craig Davies
Otis Khan
Willem Tomlinson
Ryan Sweeney
CJ Hamilton
Omari Sterling-James
Lewis Gibbens
Jordan Graham
Alistair Smith
Danny Rose
Jimmy Knowles

CONTRACT OPTION EXERCISED AND RETAINED FOR 2019-20 SEASON:
Conrad Logan

NEGOTIATIONS UNDERWAY:
Jacob Mellis
Ben Turner

VERBALLY ACCEPTED NEW CONTRACT:
Bobby Olejnik
Jason Law

PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT AND RELEASED WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT:
Will Atkinson
Zayn Hakeem
Henri Wilder

LOAN PLAYERS RETURNED TO PARENT CLUBS:
Jordan Smith (Nottingham Forest)
Tyler Walker (Nottingham Forest)
Gethin Jones (Fleetwood Town)
Nicky Ajose (Charlton Athletic)
Jorge Grant (Nottingham Forest)

Defender David Mirfin, meanwhile, has announced his retirement from football.

Dempster, pile all your existing budget into 2 top strikers, sign turner and Mellis, and maybe see if Alex John Baptiste wants to come home. job done.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed May 15, 2019 7:46 pm

I'd forgotten Omari Sterling-James was still on the books! :lol:

I was amazed Steve Evans gave him a 2 year contract last year when he had hardly played him and Evans was on his way out to Peterborough. I bet JR was not pleased about that one. Hopefully JD might be able to get Omari's career back on track.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Devon Stag » Wed May 15, 2019 7:50 pm

I also think that youth teamer Tyrese Sinclair will be involved in the first team this season and he looks like a very exciting prospect.
Official home sponsor of Exodus Geohaghon.
http://twitter.com/#!/DevonStag
Devon Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed May 15, 2019 7:51 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:Good luck will.

Nice to see an ex-player showing a bit of class.

Good luck Will, from me too.

Not on Twitter myself so I hope one or two off here wish him well
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed May 15, 2019 7:52 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'd forgotten Omari Sterling-James was still on the books! :lol:

I was amazed Steve Evans gave him a 2 year contract last year when he had hardly played him and Evans was on his way out to Peterborough. I bet JR was not pleased about that one. Hopefully JD might be able to get Omari's career back on track.

I had forgotten too.

Jimmy Knowles looks like a prospect.

I would think that the 8 players leaving will be more than a 20% budget reduction. Ty was allegedly on 5k a week, bet grant wasn't cheap.

Forest may want to prolong the 'special relationship' with more loanees.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum