{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Retained List

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Retained List

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed May 15, 2019 3:56 pm

As far as I can tell there aren't really that many players who are out of contract.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed May 15, 2019 4:14 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:As far as I can tell there aren't really that many players who are out of contract.

Which then leaves us, if Dempster wishes to get rid of a few, back to where we started last season with having to transfer list players on pretty high wages. Which in turn, makes the decision to sack Flitcroft even less well thought through.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Wed May 15, 2019 4:34 pm

James wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:As far as I can tell there aren't really that many players who are out of contract.

Which then leaves us, if Dempster wishes to get rid of a few, back to where we started last season with having to transfer list players on pretty high wages. Which in turn, makes the decision to sack Flitcroft even less well thought through.

Who says we're cutting back? Maybe JR feels we already have a decent squad, will stick with it with a few additions that Demps adds. Thing is, it's all doom and gloom for some. We know nothing as yet, other than DFs gone and JDs in. :coys:
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 15, 2019 4:42 pm

James wrote:

If the rumour mill is true a lot are ready to leave, so he won't have much of a problem.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed May 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Forever Optimistic wrote:
James wrote:

Who says we're cutting back? Maybe JR feels we already have a decent squad, will stick with it with a few additions that Demps adds. Thing is, it's all doom and gloom for some. We know nothing as yet, other than DFs gone and JDs in. :coys:

I never mentioned cutting back. I was getting at that if Dempster wants to make his stamp on the squad, which he will do especially it being his first job, he will need to get rid of a few. That will either mean paying them off, or transfer listing them and having the same problem Flitcroft had with Diamond, Mirfin, Anderson etc. That then leaves us in the same predicament as last season with very little budget to play with.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed May 15, 2019 4:58 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
James wrote:

If the rumour mill is true a lot are ready to leave, so he won't have much of a problem.

The rumour mill being??
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:09 pm

I’m not sure if this is confirmation of Mellis departing, but on Craig Davies Instagram, he posted a picture with Jacob Mellis, quoting “100% legend”. Maybe reading into it to much, but time will soon tell.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 15, 2019 5:10 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:I’m not sure if this is confirmation of Mellis departing, but on Craig Davies Instagram, he posted a picture with Jacob Mellis, quoting “100% legend”. Maybe reading into it to much, but time will soon tell.

flitcroft is also in that picture
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed May 15, 2019 5:11 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:I’m not sure if this is confirmation of Mellis departing, but on Craig Davies Instagram, he posted a picture with Jacob Mellis, quoting “100% legend”. Maybe reading into it to much, but time will soon tell.

If you look closer there both hugging Flitcroft.

This is again fans clutching a straws.

As soon as I got into work today the facts were we have cut our budget because they seen a stags fan say so on Facebook.

Facts Facebook gossip is all true.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Wed May 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
James wrote:

I would hope any player who doesn’t want to play for the club will be told they can go (on our terms) that would be the same no matter what circumstances.

From memory I don’t think JR has sold any player or backed down to their demands previously, and not expecting him to start now.

I can only think of CJ who he might be forced to sell against his wishes, and that will be down to the offer being to good to refuse
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed May 15, 2019 5:18 pm

The players under contract until June 2020 are Sweeney Tomlinson Smith MacDonald Khan Davies and Hamilton. Pearce and Benning have a 1 year extension in their contracts as an option. The rest are out of contract on 30th June 2019
Good luck to Demps for the coming season
:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby James » Wed May 15, 2019 5:21 pm

DogsDoDahs wrote:The players under contract until June 2020 are Sweeney Tomlinson Smith MacDonald Khan Davies and Hamilton. Pearce and Benning have a 1 year extension in their contracts as an option. The rest are out of contract on 30th June 2019
Good luck to Demps for the coming season
:coys:

Rose is definitely under contract, he signed a new deal only 18 months ago.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed May 15, 2019 5:45 pm

Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed May 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Under contract 2019-20 AND/OR BEYOND:

Hayden White
Mal Benning
Matt Preston
Krystian Pearce
Alex MacDonald
Neal Bishop
Craig Davies
Otis Khan
Willem Tomlinson
Ryan Sweeney
CJ Hamilton
Omari Sterling-James
Lewis Gibbens
Jordan Graham
Alistair Smith
Danny Rose
Jimmy Knowles

CONTRACT OPTION EXERCISED AND RETAINED FOR 2019-20 SEASON:
Conrad Logan

NEGOTIATIONS UNDERWAY:
Jacob Mellis
Ben Turner

VERBALLY ACCEPTED NEW CONTRACT:
Bobby Olejnik
Jason Law

PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT AND RELEASED WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT:
Will Atkinson
Zayn Hakeem
Henri Wilder

LOAN PLAYERS RETURNED TO PARENT CLUBS:
Jordan Smith (Nottingham Forest)
Tyler Walker (Nottingham Forest)
Gethin Jones (Fleetwood Town)
Nicky Ajose (Charlton Athletic)
Jorge Grant (Nottingham Forest)

Defender David Mirfin, meanwhile, has announced his retirement from football.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed May 15, 2019 5:49 pm

No no no, MacDonald, Davies, Kahn and Rose. List them and tell them to find other clubs
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed May 15, 2019 5:50 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:No no no, MacDonald, Davies, Kahn and Rose. List them and tell them to find other clubs

What’s Khan done wrong?

Started the season very well, got injured and then couldn’t really find his way back into the side. In his sub appearances at the end of this season he’s been very good.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Wed May 15, 2019 5:52 pm

The list doesn’t support the budget cutting theory.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 15, 2019 5:52 pm

Well it looks a lot healthier than the "Scottish " manager left DF with.

Not a lot of recruitment to be done.

I'm pleased Bobby has been offered a deal.
Last edited by Amber Andy on Wed May 15, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby SuffolkStag » Wed May 15, 2019 5:53 pm

So keeping or trying to keep everyone except the loanees and the three who are out of contract. No reference to anybody going on the transfer list. Assuming a few new players will be coming in it doesn't look as though we will be operating with a drastically reduced budget.
SuffolkStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed May 15, 2019 5:53 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:No no no, MacDonald, Davies, Kahn and Rose. List them and tell them to find other clubs

What’s Khan done wrong?

Started the season very well, got injured and then couldn’t really find his way back into the side. In his sub appearances at the end of this season he’s been very good.

What's he done right? Too lightweight.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed May 15, 2019 5:55 pm

We should base our team around Khan and not leave him to watch a loan player take his spot.

Be interesting how many leaves for a fee, CJ, Rose? I’m sure some of those under contract will leave.
Last edited by Conker on Wed May 15, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed May 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

What’s Khan done wrong?

You literally haven’t seen him have a good amount of games since his injury, he was brilliant at the start of the season.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed May 15, 2019 6:01 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

What’s Khan done wrong?

Too lightweight :lol:

Here he is completing ITV’s Ninja Warrior back in 2016! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf0VBYSX8kM :lol:
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Wed May 15, 2019 6:02 pm

Agree with clanger, few more of those should be moved on . Interesting few months ahead is it full steam into project promotion 19/20 only our chairman knows the answer ..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Wed May 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Pleased with that retained list. It’s the foundation of a strong squad.

Hopefully Mellis and Turner sign.

Khan will be a big player for us next season, he’s quality and that will show given a run in the team. Our best attacking football came with him in the team last season.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum