{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Flitcroft doubters

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Flitcroft doubters

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon May 06, 2019 4:56 pm

i didn’t even make the play offs

Flip Flop out
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon May 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Jamie wrote:
Rob wrote:I think any manager needs a couple of years before you can fully judge him and would only really make a change if things were obviously going wrong

Unless of course we're talking about Evan's who you hammered from day one, and every day since. So much for a couple of years to judge them ay Rob.

Not for the first time you are making things up Jamie, not once did I ask for him to be sacked, not once. Yes I loathed him, I loathed his behaviour, didn't rate the team he built or most of his signings, but despite this never called for him to be sacked. I was very, very pleased when he left though.

Someone even posted on here that we should sack DF now before the play-off games, that is the level of brain power on here sometimes :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Mon May 06, 2019 7:20 pm

Rob wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Rob wrote:I think any manager needs a couple of years before you can fully judge him and would only really make a change if things were obviously going wrong

Unless of course we're talking about Evan's who you hammered from day one, and every day since. So much for a couple of years to judge them ay Rob.

Not for the first time you are making things up Jamie, not once did I ask for him to be sacked, not once. Yes I loathed him, I loathed his behaviour, didn't rate the team he built or most of his signings, but despite this never called for him to be sacked. I was very, very pleased when he left though.

Someone even posted on here that we should sack DF now before the play-off games, that is the level of brain power on here sometimes :lol:

Do you seriously think he's capable of raising the team up for the play offs when he couldn't against Olham, Stevenage and MK ?
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Mon May 06, 2019 7:22 pm

jpstags wrote:
Rob wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Do you seriously think he's capable of raising the team up for the play offs when he couldn't against Olham, Stevenage and MK ?

Ahh, so you were the genius then :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon May 06, 2019 7:28 pm

Rob wrote:
Jamie wrote:

He's just getting his Steve Evans' mixed up with his Keith Curles.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon May 06, 2019 7:56 pm

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:
Jamie wrote:

He's just getting his Steve Evans' mixed up with his Keith Curles.

Never asked for Curle to be sacked either Sneag, in fact I think Stuart Boam was the last manager I chanted to be sacked - no wait a minute, I think it was probably Reg! Either way, sacking a manager is often seen as the key to success, when the truth is often different. Whilst we may disagree on whether now is the time to remove DF, when he is given next season, if he does not earn promotion then we will be arguing for the same thing. He will have had 18 months, the Evans flops are gone, it is all him next season (unless of course we are in League 1, in which case, things are then slightly different!).
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Mon May 06, 2019 8:13 pm

Rob wrote:
jpstags wrote:
Rob wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Ahh, so you were the genius then :lol: :lol: :lol:

No you're the genius, or so you think.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Mon May 06, 2019 8:29 pm

jpstags wrote:Ahh, so you were the genius then :lol: :lol: :lol:

No you're the genius, or so you think.[/quote]

Well, compared to you and your other user names, you are right, for once :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby zygon2003 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:33 pm

I suggested sacking Flitcroft before the play-offs, Rob. Judging by my career and earnings my brain power isn't too shabby. It was just a suggestion.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby jpstags » Mon May 06, 2019 8:34 pm

Rob wrote:

Well, compared to you and your other user names, you are right, for once :lol:[/quote]

Clueless, especially if you think JR will stick with your hero if we don't get promotion.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Mon May 06, 2019 9:22 pm

zygon2003 wrote:I suggested sacking Flitcroft before the play-offs, Rob. Judging by my career and earnings my brain power isn't too shabby. It was just a suggestion.

Good for you and your career earnings, still makes your idea to sack him now utterly stupid. Still, at least you didn't start dick-waving, oh, you did :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:34 pm

FarnieStag wrote:I'm in at seventh.... oh for that last season
I think this post was started with the intention of gloating and proving us all wrong. Well, that went well...

Could it be an attempt at a late surge for promotion in the "flitcroft believers" league table?

On a serious note. I do not believe he should be sacked, regardless of the results in the next 2-3 games. However, he MUST do better next season. There will be no hiding behind Evans' crocks and crooks because the would have gone from this season's budget. Starting the season without any kind of backup to RWB was not ideal (I did say as much pre-season. same with how I felt he could have done with another CB or 2) but budget didn't allow.

We've had defeats where we barely had a shot, never mind one on target, and the next day I "got over it". Having said that though I am still puzzled at MacDonald at RWB. CJ played loads there, Atkinson has been hit and miss there. MacDonald, as far as I know, has never played there. It's concerning that it still bothers me.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon May 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Rob wrote:
zygon2003 wrote:I suggested sacking Flitcroft before the play-offs, Rob. Judging by my career and earnings my brain power isn't too shabby. It was just a suggestion.

Good for you and your career earnings, still makes your idea to sack him now utterly stupid. Still, at least you didn't start dick-waving, oh, you did :lol:

I just got a payrise the other day and my career is great really great..., I do however do some stupid things at times and my career brain doesn't stop me from saying daft things as everyone knows.

But the idea of sacking him before the playoffs is literally the dumbest thing I've ever read. Talk about self implosion.

I like flitcroft. He's been promoted from this league before in style. I'd really like to see what he can do with his own squad, and I mean a full squad that's been together a couple of seasons.

I'm sure walker will return to forest and be in league one next season, Davies may be released along with Danny possibly and a few others.

White and bobby back, plus a couple strikers and centre mid and out and out winger/ wing back what ever you call them and we could be looking at another great season as champions?? I'm quite excited about that prospect. Not another new manager and a nother new squads worth of players and another year of them settling in.

The three teams that have gone up were all better than us and we deserve to be 4th.

Mk have Aneke and Agard, both shouldn't be in this league at all... Weve have to rely on walker, an out of sorts then injured rose, injured Davies, and injured hardly played ajose..

We've done incredibly well with the state of how the squad has ended up and having the likes of diamond, Morton, Anderson etc on the books.

Im absolutely gutted, not talking sense to some and won't please everyone but... On to the playoffs, and on to next season. COYS
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon May 06, 2019 9:43 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Rob wrote:

I just got a payrise the other day and my career is great really great..., I do however do some stupid things at times and my career brain doesn't stop me from saying daft things as everyone knows.

But the idea of sacking him before the playoffs is literally the dumbest thing I've ever read. Talk about self implosion.

I like flitcroft. He's been promoted from this league before in style. I'd really like to see what he can do with his own squad, and I mean a full squad that's been together a couple of seasons.

I'm sure walker will return to forest and be in league one next season, Davies may be released along with Danny possibly and a few others.

White and bobby back, plus a couple strikers and centre mid and out and out winger/ wing back what ever you call them and we could be looking at another great season as champions?? I'm quite excited about that prospect. Not another new manager and a nother new squads worth of players and another year of them settling in.

The three teams that have gone up were all better than us and we deserve to be 4th.

Mk have Aneke and Agard, both shouldn't be in this league at all... Weve have to rely on walker, an out of sorts then injured rose, injured Davies, and injured hardly played ajose..

We've done incredibly well with the state of how the squad has ended up and having the likes of diamond, Morton, Anderson etc on the books.

Im absolutely gutted, not talking sense to some and won't please everyone but... On to the playoffs, and on to next season. COYS

You’re making absolute sense to me, Sedgers.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 pm

jpstags wrote:
Rob wrote:

Clueless, especially if you think JR will stick with your hero if we don't get promotion.[/quote]

DFs no hero of mine, I'm a bit old to have heroes, I just believe it would be wrong to sack him in the summer and utterly brainless beyond belief to sack him a couple of days before a play-off semi-final.

Where you are also wrong is that JR will stick with DF no matter the outcome of the play-offs, but this time DF will have to deliver otherwise he will be out.

You obviously think a new manager will bring instant success, so did Chesterfield and County.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Mon May 06, 2019 10:03 pm

Rob wrote:
jpstags wrote:
Rob wrote:

Clueless, especially if you think JR will stick with your hero if we don't get promotion.

DFs no hero of mine, I'm a bit old to have heroes, I just believe it would be wrong to sack him in the summer and utterly brainless beyond belief to sack him a couple of days before a play-off semi-final.

Where you are also wrong is that JR will stick with DF no matter the outcome of the play-offs, but this time DF will have to deliver otherwise he will be out.

You obviously think a new manager will bring instant success, so did Chesterfield and County.[/quote]

Only time will tell.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Rob wrote:

I don’t often agree with Sedgwick but on this occasion I think he’s onto something.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Tue May 14, 2019 8:45 am

Just wondered if Geoff wanted to update the end of season table......it will look better than the real one.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue May 14, 2019 11:01 am

So after all that the flitcroft doubters were right :shock:

Though obviously everyone wanted promotion instead!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue May 14, 2019 11:05 am

To be fair to Zygon, sacking Flitcroft before the playoffs could only have gone as badly as it went anyway.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Tue May 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Well a lot have got what they wished for. A mistake to get rid of him in my opinion but it’s John Radfords club and his money.. losing out on promotion was bad enough but now I feel even more disappointed. Only my opinion though.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue May 14, 2019 12:46 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Well a lot have got what they wished for. A mistake to get rid of him in my opinion but it’s John Radfords club and his money.. losing out on promotion TWICE was bad enough but now I feel even more disappointed. Only my opinion though.

Fixed it for you. Flitcroft was probably tasked to take us up this season based on the fall down to 8th last season.
I was a Flitcroft doubter last season, then a Flitcroft fan but the last three months have been a disaster. I can't work out why he radically changed the way we set up (sexy/risk taking gegen press football which works for Man City and Liverpool and worked for us was replaced by a hoof it up and into the channels style as introduced away v Notts County in February). Our midfield was energetic in 2018 but pedestrian in 2019? Anyone else think Bishop (who I admire tremendously) has lost a bit of his stamina and pace (no question ref his desire, thinking or positional sense)?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Never easy » Tue May 14, 2019 1:00 pm

Add the Radfords to the list !
Never easy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue May 14, 2019 6:25 pm

ST4GS wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:Well a lot have got what they wished for. A mistake to get rid of him in my opinion but it’s John Radfords club and his money.. losing out on promotion TWICE was bad enough but now I feel even more disappointed. Only my opinion though.

Fixed it for you. Flitcroft was probably tasked to take us up this season based on the fall down to 8th last season.
I was a Flitcroft doubter last season, then a Flitcroft fan but the last three months have been a disaster. I can't work out why he radically changed the way we set up (sexy/risk taking gegen press football which works for Man City and Liverpool and worked for us was replaced by a hoof it up and into the channels style as introduced away v Notts County in February). Our midfield was energetic in 2018 but pedestrian in 2019? Anyone else think Bishop (who I admire tremendously) has lost a bit of his stamina and pace (no question ref his desire, thinking or positional sense)?

I thought Bish slowed up when he was one yellow card from suspension and then found it difficult to pick back up when the danger was past.

Whatever he has been outstanding this year and even at half throttle well worth his place.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue May 14, 2019 6:41 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
Rob wrote:

I don’t often agree with Sedgwick but on this occasion I think he’s onto something.

Super Sagacity from Sedgers!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum