{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Cowley on Sky...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Danny Cowley on Sky...

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 12, 2019 10:27 pm

Anybody record the match? Fast forward the terrible performance of our lot to his assessments and punditry. A lot of what he says clearly points to me that he's in for Tyler Walker next season.

26 goals out of our team that struggles to muster many shots on target right now is a big worry for next season already.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Re: Danny Cowley on Sky...

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun May 12, 2019 10:29 pm

Tyler wouldn't play in league two again next year anyway.

I much prefer our own man but we will need at least 3 if not 4
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun May 12, 2019 10:29 pm

he also bigged up CJ and mellis on Thursday so wouldn't be surprised if he tried to come in for them.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun May 12, 2019 10:30 pm

stagmanrob wrote:Anybody record the match? Fast forward the terrible performance of our lot to his assessments and punditry. A lot of what he says clearly points to me that he's in for Tyler Walker next season.

26 goals out of our team that struggles to muster many shots on target right now is a big worry for next season already.

Walker was always off at the end of this season.

We'll be needing an entirely new front line. Million %
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 12, 2019 10:33 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:he also bigged up CJ and mellis on Thursday so wouldn't be surprised if he tried to come in for them.

I'll carry them both there. They have massively gone missing since January. Mellis not half as much as CJ though, and can probably be forgiven because he had to change roles due to the expensive mistake of Grant.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun May 12, 2019 10:37 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:he also bigged up CJ and mellis on Thursday so wouldn't be surprised if he tried to come in for them.

I'll carry them both there. They have massively gone missing since January. Mellis not half as much as CJ though, and can probably be forgiven because he had to change roles due to the expensive mistake of Grant.

I mean, personally id do all we can to try and keep Hamilton but I think he'll want a big move if a team comes in for him. I wouldn't grumble at the money we could get
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 12, 2019 10:41 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

I mean, personally id do all we can to try and keep Hamilton but I think he'll want a big move if a team comes in for him. I wouldn't grumble at the money we could get

I'm still adamant he hasn't got the technical ability or speed of thought to be a success higher up. His pace is frightening though. But as a footballer, can you honestly say he's as good as Clucas, Lawrence, Williamson etc who all stood out as being good enough to play higher up the pyramid? For me he is nowhere near, so a fee of reasonable size would be well worth taking.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun May 12, 2019 10:44 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

I'm still adamant he hasn't got the technical ability or speed of thought to be a success higher up. His pace is frightening though. But as a footballer, can you honestly say he's as good as Clucas, Lawrence, Williamson etc who all stood out as being good enough to play higher up the pyramid? For me he is nowhere near, so a fee of reasonable size would be well worth taking.

I slightly agree with you, although when we first signed CJ all he had was pace and he has improved massively during his time here. I'm sure his goals and assists back that up this season compared to the rest. If he worked with better coaches and players what's not to say he could keep improving?

anyway it's a big summer ahead and we need to keep the spine of this team if we can. I don't want another rebuild job
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun May 12, 2019 10:45 pm

stagmanrob wrote:

CJ has six goals since January, only one less than Walker.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sun May 12, 2019 10:47 pm

CJ not good enough his only asset is his speed said it on here before his decision making is dire when in a position to make the right decision.....

Child in a sweet shop syndrome can't pick out a pass or shoots or vice versa
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun May 12, 2019 10:52 pm

CJ has the physical attributes of a championship player and the footballing brain of a Sunday league player.

Used in the right way, and with the right coaching he'll be a great asset to someone, but he'll be off in the summer.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun May 12, 2019 10:53 pm

CJ would do well higher up. He would have players in the box to actually pass to.

He gets to balls that others can only watch go out and that is where he earns his value. In a team that plays on the break he is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Don't blame CJ for slow support cutting his options.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 12, 2019 10:55 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

CJ has six goals since January, only one less than Walker.

Rob Duffy used to be our top scorer most seasons in the Conference. Didn't mean he was any good on a regular basis. CJ has been like playing with 10 men in a lot of games recently. To the point where you were already defeated in your idea that we could retain possession when anyone passed to him.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun May 12, 2019 10:56 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:CJ would do well higher up. He would have players in the box to actually pass to.

He gets to balls that others can only watch go out and that is where he earns his value. In a team that plays on the break he is exactly what the doctor ordered.

His pull backs are okay, but he can't cross for raspberries.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 12, 2019 10:57 pm

Sneag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:CJ would do well higher up. He would have players in the box to actually pass to.

His pull backs are okay, but he can't cross for raspberries.

Agree wholeheartedly. Mal Benning put in more decent deliveries in his first few minutes on the pitch today than I've seen from CJ in weeks.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon May 13, 2019 5:28 am

CJ could play at a higher level with the right sort of coaching and management, what I mean by that is understand his best position and play him there regularly, maximise his threat.
He's not a RWB, he's not an out and out striker and arguably wasted at LWB but play him wide left with free license to get forward he scares the opposition to death, which if nothing else creates opportunities in other areas of the field.

Irrespective of a lot of things he's an exciting player to watch and I will miss that part of his game, obviously I'm guessing he will move on.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon May 13, 2019 5:37 am

stagmanrob wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

This is CJs 3rd season with the club, 2 yesrs in & out and a regular this. For half of this season he's been good, the other half m'eh.

Lawrence, Williamson, Disley & Baptiste all looked class from pretty much day one in the first team. CJ is a different type of player but nowhere near as good as those players were in the same stage of their careers.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 am

Tylers 26 Goals have given us 19 points... that's massive. I think we will need two striker like MK dons have had that get around 15-20 each.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon May 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Tylers 26 Goals have given us 19 points... that's massive. I think we will need two striker like MK dons have had that get around 15-20 each.

Both Newport strikers have managed that and I bet they aren't paid anywhere near what our bunch were.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon May 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Sneag wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:

This is CJs 3rd season with the club, 2 yesrs in & out and a regular this. For half of this season he's been good, the other half m'eh.

Lawrence, Williamson, Disley & Baptiste all looked class from pretty much day one in the first team. CJ is a different type of player but nowhere near as good as those players were in the same stage of their careers.

It’s time to sell CJ...we moan we never get good cash for players well nows the time to cash in because if he stays next season and has a half decent season we will loose him for nowt at the end of his contract.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon May 13, 2019 1:34 pm

Get money for CJ. Invest it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Mon May 13, 2019 2:21 pm

CJ is a promising player no doubt about it but his first touch and quick thought let’s him down and even though he is young and a lot to learn somehow I just don’t think he yet has the quality to push on to the next level. I hope I’m wrong and really hope he makes it but top players are already capable at his age and producing performances every week.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Time for CJ to move and use money for 1 or 2 top strikers
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby madstagman » Mon May 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Who in their right mind would pay money for C j , not me personally
madstagman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby garlic » Mon May 13, 2019 6:39 pm

pemill wrote:CJ could play at a higher level with the right sort of coaching and management, what I mean by that is understand his best position and play him there regularly, maximise his threat.
He's not a RWB, he's not an out and out striker and arguably wasted at LWB but play him wide left with free license to get forward he scares the opposition to death, which if nothing else creates opportunities in other areas of the field.

Irrespective of a lot of things he's an exciting player to watch and I will miss that part of his game, obviously I'm guessing he will move on.

Fully agree, he definitely needs better coaching, and will be a championship player if he gets it.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum