{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A worrying thought...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A worrying thought...

Postby Jamie » Sun May 05, 2019 9:30 am

stagmanrob wrote:You are a prime example of twisting stuff to make read what you want into it. Biggest waffler on here. Like another luke back from the dead (again)

Twisting what? I've quoted you word for word and rightly mocked you for being a negative two hat.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun May 05, 2019 9:41 am

Stability is required, sack the manager why?

We all know the big reason why we have misfired so much snce Christmas, injuries.

White has been a big miss, the keeper too, if I wanted to point a finger at th manager it would be around the lack of decent forward recruited in January.

Rose has been poor all season, Khan has been extremely disappointing following a bright start.

No, my view is keep the manager, win or lose in the play offs, regroup, keep the players we all know are worthy, say thank you to those who either want to leave or who are not good enough.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun May 05, 2019 10:30 am

Amber Andy wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:Not over until it's over really, but on our current form and the crap we keep churning out, there's no way we look like succeeding in the playoffs.

Now...a certain team last season failed in the playoffs, got carried away and chucked a load of money at it so that they wouldn't have to suffer the heartache of the playoff lottery again. That side had a massive downturn in form and performances themselves to end up in the playoffs,after largely looking like automatic promotion candidates all season too.
They made too many personnel changes and chucked money at it, but their absymal performances and form carried on into the next season regardless.
They were relegated today.

Are we in danger of doing the same if we fail in the playoffs, yet persevere with DF and give him backing next season? His January recruitment has left a lot to be desired, not sure if I trust him if we had to do an expensive overhaul?

Now I'm not saying we're likely to do a full on County and get relegated, but there is a huge danger of disappointment and bad recruitment setting us two or three steps back, rather than one step forwards. We need to buck our ideas up in these playoffs.
Already looking at today's relegated sides from League One, they'll more than likely be straight up near the top competing next season given their club size and history of yo-yoing between the two divisions. I think if we don't do it, next season will be much tougher as a League 2 side.

County panicked and sacked their manager, very early on in the season. The previous season the manager they sacked almost got them promoted. Maybe that's why they were relegated.

Nolan also did next to nothing in preseason apparently... their S&C coach was hardly part of their program and this has led to them being one of the unfittest teams in the league and had the most injuries.

I think they're recruitment was also terrible....

Dennis, despite scoring aloud for Chesterfield is hardly the type of player that'll be in a team fighting for promotion, hes lazy and has a terrible attitude when things aren't going well
Hemmings, scores but when does he score that crucial goal... most of his goals this season have been the 1 in a 2/3-1 loss. I also thought he was lazy at times and looked mardy as raspberry :lol:
Vaughn, Past it, too slow for league two.. doesn't like to tackle. There for a massive pay check.
Andy Kellett, signed for a shed load... part of the chesterfield side relegated last season.
Ross Fitzsimons was kept and Adam Collin was let go... Wasn't Collin the better keeper?

I obviously don't know as much about the squad as them lot do, or probably Dan... but I think they're recruitment let them down but think they would of stayed up with Nolan. Harry and then Ardley were both terrible choices.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun May 05, 2019 10:55 am

oldweststander wrote:Stability is required, sack the manager why?

We all know the big reason why we have misfired so much snce Christmas, injuries.

White has been a big miss, the keeper too, if I wanted to point a finger at th manager it would be around the lack of decent forward recruited in January.

Rose has been poor all season, Khan has been extremely disappointing following a bright start.

No, my view is keep the manager, win or lose in the play offs, regroup, keep the players we all know are worthy, say thank you to those who either want to leave or who are not good enough.

I agree we need stability, not another rebuild job. That will only set us back more.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 05, 2019 1:50 pm

Jamie wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:You are a prime example of twisting stuff to make read what you want into it. Biggest waffler on here. Like another luke back from the dead (again)

Twisting what? I've quoted you word for word and rightly mocked you for being a negative two hat.

quoted me word for word. You picked sentences out of the whole thing, ignoring the rest. Which is what you do you tool.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun May 12, 2019 10:49 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

I agree we need stability, not another rebuild job. That will only set us back more.

This was the crux of this whole point really. Rot setting in after a crap end to the season and going into the next, whilst having a rebuild. It will be hard to hang onto the players who were recognised in the League 2 team of the year now we haven't been promoted. Walker will not come back that's for sure. The loanees were not good enough either so will all go back to their parent clubs.
That's already a major rebuild to me, in what I believe will be a much more competitive division next season. League One was far more competitve this season so the relegated teams were not down there for being far worse than everyone else in the division. It will be hard to sustain a promotion push I think.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon May 13, 2019 7:55 am

stagmanrob wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

This was the crux of this whole point really. Rot setting in after a crap end to the season and going into the next, whilst having a rebuild. It will be hard to hang onto the players who were recognised in the League 2 team of the year now we haven't been promoted. Walker will not come back that's for sure. The loanees were not good enough either so will all go back to their parent clubs.
That's already a major rebuild to me, in what I believe will be a much more competitive division next season. League One was far more competitve this season so the relegated teams were not down there for being far worse than everyone else in the division. It will be hard to sustain a promotion push I think.

Always is. Always has been.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Tue May 14, 2019 1:04 pm

fgs I MEANT THIS AS A POSSIBLE THEORY...NOT A LIKELY REALITY :banghead: :banghead:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum