{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

DF Barmy army

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

DF Barmy army

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun May 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Sour end to the season, we all know it.

Not a dig a jones but our system massively relies on a player like white, with him and bobby was the biggest blows we could get

Rome wasnt built in a day.
Keep the core of this squad and give DF his 3rd and final crack at promotion.

He must have done something correct. Finished highest position since back in the league
At time we played some excellent stuff which has clearly grabbed the fans attention as the crowds have risen.

In df and the radfords we trust.

Back them next year.... we are not the only team this has ever happened too
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Re: DF Barmy army

Postby one f in mansfield » Sun May 12, 2019 8:37 pm

Teams like Crewe , Stevenage, and Newport did not beat the stags because they have better players ..They had better tactics and more motivated players .

They beat us because they have better managers .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun May 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Sour end to the season, we all know it.

Not a dig a jones but our system massively relies on a player like white, with him and bobby was the biggest blows we could get

Rome wasnt built in a day.
Keep the core of this squad and give DF his 3rd and final crack at promotion.

He must have done something correct. Finished highest position since back in the league
At time we played some excellent stuff which has clearly grabbed the fans attention as the crowds have risen.

In df and the radfords we trust.

Back them next year.... we are not the only team this has ever happened too

:good_post:
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Sun May 12, 2019 8:42 pm

I'll be backing him. No point in starting all over again now. He needs to learn the lessons from this season and get us up next year.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun May 12, 2019 8:42 pm

At the end of the day his remit was top 3 budget ,top 3 place so he’s failed.losing 3 games 1-0 sealed it .
He was not capable of motivating the team when it mattered ,so he failed.
Should he be given another season ?.Radford must be thing seriously ,but he tends to be loyal to his managers so I suspect he will be here.
Can he find another Tyler Walker for next season ,? The next few wks will be interesting
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun May 12, 2019 8:44 pm

I completely agree Jay.

But it’s about time flitcroft started earning his corn. He’s been out-thought and diddled continuously when there’s something riding on the game.

We’ve had the side to go up, have we got the manager to go up?

I grudgingly think he should stay, but he’ll be under enormous pressure if he starts slowly
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun May 12, 2019 8:45 pm

daddycool wrote:At the end of the day his remit was top 3 budget ,top 3 place so he’s failed.losing 3 games 1-0 sealed it .
He was not capable of motivating the team when it mattered ,so he failed.
Should he be given another season ?.Radford must be thing seriously ,but he tends to be loyal to his managers so I suspect he will be here.
Can he find another Tyler Walker for next season ,? The next few wks will be interesting

So what would your brilliant alternative be?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun May 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Well he’s managed to claw us from promotion two seasons running. So if you think next season will be better I will believe you
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun May 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Jamie wrote:I'll be backing him. No point in starting all over again now. He needs to learn the lessons from this season and get us up next year.

Agreed.

Let the loans go back... Get rid of those who haven't played. Cash in on CJ and add to the strong spine we have.

We've got a great GK and back 4/5, the starting point of any successful team. You always build from the back.. Just need better cover for white.

Another season, without the likes of Anderson, Diamond, Mirfin, Butcher, Sterling-james etc Give it one more go. COYS
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Dp1976 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:39 pm

We don’t need to find another Tyler Walker, for the money we have thrown about we could get a Danny Hilton or John akinde, we need established players at this level
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dp1976 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:40 pm

We don’t need to find another Tyler Walker, for the money we have thrown about we could get a Danny Hilton or John akinde, we need established players at this level
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby AlanStag » Sun May 12, 2019 9:41 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:Teams like Crewe , Stevenage, and Newport did not beat the stags because they have better players ..They had better tactics and more motivated players .

They beat us because they have better managers .

Hit the nail on the head.

Flipflop has constantly been out-thought in big games when it matters.
There’s not one player in our starting line up that every other team in this league would not want in their squad. We will look back at this team in 5 years and wonder how on earth we didn’t get promoted.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun May 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Honestly baffled how anyone can still want this manager. He gets found out each and every year because he has no plan b. Good managers finish the season well because they adapt throughout the season and deal with the issues that come up. Flitcroft in 2 seasons has been absolutely woeful from March onwards...Because he has no plan B and no idea how to change a game. Plus he plays the most boring football imaginable. How many times this season have we done well in a big game? Zero.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sun May 12, 2019 10:05 pm

I’ve been a stags fan 50 yrs and there hasn’t been a lot of seasons like this. We finished 4th and had the best defence in the league. To sack the manager just because we faded in the last five games makes no sense. This club is in a better state than it has been for years, yes we are gutted but I’m sure the players are too.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sun May 12, 2019 10:06 pm

I’ve been a stags fan 50 yrs and there hasn’t been a lot of seasons like this. We finished 4th and had the best defence in the league. To sack the manager just because we faded in the last five games makes no sense. This club is in a better state than it has been for years, yes we are gutted but im
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dp1976 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:07 pm

With the best defence and a 25 plus goal striker it’s begs the question how have we failed, normally the two go hand in hand
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sun May 12, 2019 10:14 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Honestly baffled how anyone can still want this manager. He gets found out each and every year because he has no plan b. Good managers finish the season well because they adapt throughout the season and deal with the issues that come up. Flitcroft in 2 seasons has been absolutely woeful from March onwards...Because he has no plan B and no idea how to change a game. Plus he plays the most boring football imaginable. How many times this season have we done well in a big game? Zero.

Just utter, utter garbage. You truly are a troll, move on.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:17 pm

CassellsCap wrote:I’ve been a stags fan 50 yrs and there hasn’t been a lot of seasons like this. We finished 4th and had the best defence in the league. To sack the manager just because we faded in the last five games makes no sense. This club is in a better state than it has been for years, yes we are gutted but im

Cassells undecided personally if he should stay or go. But we haven't simply faded in the last five games. We've been poor at best (with the odd exception) since our defeat to ironically Newport in early February.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun May 12, 2019 10:21 pm

CassellsCap wrote:I’ve been a stags fan 50 yrs and there hasn’t been a lot of seasons like this. We finished 4th and had the best defence in the league. To sack the manager just because we faded in the last five games makes no sense. This club is in a better state than it has been for years, yes we are gutted but I’m sure the players are too.

We haven't faded in the last 5 games (last 2 - the playoffs haven't been too bad actually). We've faded since January because the squad hasn't been good enough and there is no depth in it.

Tacticts and both starting elevens and substitutions have been highly questionable meaning we've come up very short on our target.

Exeter apart, I can't remember a game since February when we have totally dominated and won at a canter. I can think of plenty when we have been totally dominated and never looked like promotion contenders which simply isn't good enough.

Do we do it again next year? Not for me thank you, swap him now and don't waste another transfer window on ifs buts and maybes. We need the players to believe if we are going to hang on to the better ones.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun May 12, 2019 10:22 pm

Rob wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Honestly baffled how anyone can still want this manager. He gets found out each and every year because he has no plan b. Good managers finish the season well because they adapt throughout the season and deal with the issues that come up. Flitcroft in 2 seasons has been absolutely woeful from March onwards...Because he has no plan B and no idea how to change a game. Plus he plays the most boring football imaginable. How many times this season have we done well in a big game? Zero.

What did I say that is wrong?
Also, not heard from you since you were calling me an idiot for saying similar after Stevenage. Since then we have scored once and won 0. Yet I'm the troll for pointing out (correctly) that our manager has failed. Yeah ok.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby jpstags » Sun May 12, 2019 10:23 pm

Rob wrote:

You still think Sweeney can do job at RWB ???
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun May 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:I’ve been a stags fan 50 yrs and there hasn’t been a lot of seasons like this. We finished 4th and had the best defence in the league. To sack the manager just because we faded in the last five games makes no sense. This club is in a better state than it has been for years, yes we are gutted but I’m sure the players are too.

We haven't faded in the last 5 games (last 2 - the playoffs haven't been too bad actually). We've faded since January because the squad hasn't been good enough and there is no depth in it.

Tacticts and both starting elevens and substitutions have been highly questionable meaning we've come up very short on our target.

Exeter apart, I can't remember a game since February when we have totally dominated and won at a canter. I can think of plenty when we have been totally dominated and never looked like promotion contenders which simply isn't good enough.

Do we do it again next year? Not for me thank you, swap him now and don't waste another transfer window on ifs buts and maybes. We need the players to believe if we are going to hang on to the better ones.

Morecambe was the only other one.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:25 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Exeter away
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun May 12, 2019 10:27 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Exeter away

Read again mate :D
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:31 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Exeter away

Read again mate :D

My bad 8-)
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum