{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Support - one last big push (at home)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Support - one last big push (at home)

Postby VoiceOfReason » Sat May 11, 2019 1:37 pm

A raucous home support could well be the difference tomorrow !!

Let’s get in early and get right behind the team right from the warm up.

Let’s get these lads over the line. They deserve it.
VoiceOfReason
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Support - one last big push (at home)

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat May 11, 2019 4:23 pm

It’ll be raucous alright and a capacity home crowd. I hope they don’t get another dose of big night nerves.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat May 11, 2019 4:26 pm

The vocal support has been great during the run in.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat May 11, 2019 5:39 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:It’ll be raucous alright and a capacity home crowd. I hope they don’t get another dose of big night nerves.

I think the players seem to enjoy the home atmosphere when it's good and it generally helps. Obviously away from home there's an issue with expectations and pressure in front of those big crowds. Could be an issue if we get to Wembley, but let's hope for a big win and some momentum going into it.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat May 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Sneag wrote:The vocal support has been great during the run in.

Oldham away wasn't.... Very vocal right up until the whistle went for kick off then was pretty much dead until we scored. As is the case at most matches.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby VoiceOfReason » Sun May 12, 2019 6:30 am

One more thing....when we are celebrating on the pitch at full time - let’s have a bit more class than those MK chavs !! No need for aggro - it’ll cost the club in the long term (SAG / fines etc).
VoiceOfReason
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun May 12, 2019 8:02 am

Just stay off the pitch altogether. Nothing is achieved yet. Wait till May 25th, then you can go on the pitch :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby VoiceOfReason » Sun May 12, 2019 9:44 am

Let’s get all Scarves aloft for pre-match Wonder of You. Let’s be world class today.
VoiceOfReason
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun May 12, 2019 10:30 am

VoiceOfReason wrote:Let’s get all Scarves aloft for pre-match Wonder of You. Let’s be world class today.

Let’s hope they Get Wonder of You and Sweet Caroline on in good time before the walk-out music kicks in.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby VoiceOfReason » Mon May 13, 2019 7:27 am

Forgetting the result - a great atmosphere created by both sets of fans. One of the best I’ve witnessed in 45 years. Well done all.

Still got one or two numpties booing at half time !!! Then the same individuals are cheering the time out for the second half !!! Don’t get it. And believe we need to rid ourselves of this negativity.
VoiceOfReason
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon May 13, 2019 7:33 am

VoiceOfReason wrote:Forgetting the result - a great atmosphere created by both sets of fans. One of the best I’ve witnessed in 45 years. Well done all.

Still got one or two numpties booing at half time !!! Then the same individuals are cheering the time out for the second half !!! Don’t get it. And believe we need to rid ourselves of this negativity.

Unfortunately the only negativity came from DF again.
5 at the back, TWO holding midfielders in front of the 5 and your speediest threat as one of the back 5.
Sooooo negative, he doesn't seem to learn!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon May 13, 2019 8:12 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:Forgetting the result - a great atmosphere created by both sets of fans. One of the best I’ve witnessed in 45 years. Well done all.

5 at the back, TWO holding midfielders in front of the 5 and your speediest threat as one of the back 5.

I don't think we were negative, have you seen the match stats Clanger :lol: We were poor 1st half, but DF switched it to 3-4-3 and we were instantly on the front foot (so I think he did learn!) - some of the chances we missed were unbelievable, but then again, so were the chances Newport missed. I thought that despite the eventual disappointment, it was a very entertaining 0-0.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby VoiceOfReason » Mon May 13, 2019 8:44 am

Fully agree with Rob here - 24 efforts on goal !!
VoiceOfReason
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Mon May 13, 2019 11:21 am

Rob wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

I don't think we were negative, have you seen the match stats Clanger :lol: We were poor 1st half, but DF switched it to 3-4-3 and we were instantly on the front foot (so I think he did learn!) - some of the chances we missed were unbelievable, but then again, so were the chances Newport missed. I thought that despite the eventual disappointment, it was a very entertaining 0-0.

I didn't we were negative but for70+ minutes we were very poor and Newport should have been home & dry. For the last 15 or so plus extra time we were much the better side andhad plenty of chances to win it.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon May 13, 2019 11:28 am

Rob wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

But the chances came once he changed it, if we'd have gone out in that formation at home weeks ago we'd be up now!!

You are gonna say the 5 at the back has worked all season, it hasn't since White got injured, also he seems to have sat them 20 yards further back since Xmas, first half of the season it was a 'full press' high up the pitch, that subtle (perhaps not that subtle) difference was his negative grind it out tactic that has cost us dearly.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon May 13, 2019 2:03 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Rob wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

But the chances came once he changed it, if we'd have gone out in that formation at home weeks ago we'd be up now!!

You are gonna say the 5 at the back has worked all season, it hasn't since White got injured, also he seems to have sat them 20 yards further back since Xmas, first half of the season it was a 'full press' high up the pitch, that subtle (perhaps not that subtle) difference was his negative grind it out tactic that has cost us dearly.

This I couldn’t word it better myself.

Hopefully his first two signings this summer is RWB and LWB in the same mounds as Benning and White to give us competition.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum