{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

"It Evens Itself Out..."

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

"It Evens Itself Out..."

Postby Blackburn Stag » Thu May 09, 2019 9:57 pm

Completely annoyed by decisions tonight and recently at Oldham. Trying to think of times this season where we have got away with a clanger in our favour and struggling. Any suggestions?
Blackburn Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: "It Evens Itself Out..."

Postby Hjeldefan » Thu May 09, 2019 10:03 pm

We do have the majority go against us. 4 times in the playoffs and each time we have had a dodgy decision against us.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Thu May 09, 2019 10:29 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:We do have the majority go against us. 4 times in the playoffs and each time we have had a dodgy decision against us.

Chesterfield in 1995. Playoff final against Huddersfield in 2004. The wrongly red card for Matt Green at York in 2012. And even in our latest season above the basement, in 2002-03, we had refs against us on more than one occasion. To name a few: Wigan away, Bristol City at home, Oldham at home.

And if you read through the Stagsnet match reports for this season, you will see about a dozen 5 ratings and three 4 = stinker ones in league games only. Two of the stinkers have been awarded since the turn of the year as well as a couple of 5 ratings, one of those even in the 4-0 rout of Morecambe on Good Friday. Details checked, regardless of win, draw or defeat.

Very easy to understand why England had no ref at the most recent World Cup in Russia last year.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby kaftanimp » Fri May 10, 2019 8:29 am

Blackburn Stag wrote:Completely annoyed by decisions tonight and recently at Oldham. Trying to think of times this season where we have got away with a clanger in our favour and struggling. Any suggestions?

Lincoln away, just before your equaliser the ball went out of play for a throw in but it wasn't given ;)

For want it's worth, it should have been a red card last night, and it was never a penalty. Don't dwell on that though, just get yourselves to Wembley for a day out and finish the job while you're there !
kaftanimp
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri May 10, 2019 8:37 am

kaftanimp wrote:
Blackburn Stag wrote:Completely annoyed by decisions tonight and recently at Oldham. Trying to think of times this season where we have got away with a clanger in our favour and struggling. Any suggestions?

Lincoln away, just before your equaliser the ball went out of play for a throw in but it wasn't given ;)

For want it's worth, it should have been a red card last night, and it was never a penalty. Don't dwell on that though, just get yourselves to Wembley for a day out and finish the job while you're there !

Except the ball didn't go out as shown in the tv replays. You may have wanted it to have done but it didn't.

Thanks for the good wishes though and I'm sure we will see you next year.. Well done on your promotion and you got it right giving Rheady another year, I have a feeling you will need him.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri May 10, 2019 9:21 am

I reckon Sweden Stag caught his missus with a ref
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat May 11, 2019 5:35 pm

kaftanimp wrote:

Let it go Danny. Your post-match comments have since been disproved.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Blackburn Stag » Sat May 11, 2019 9:18 pm

The decision to not send O'Brien off for the foul on Tyler Walker is now even more unbelievable after the sending off in the Sunderland v Portsmouth game for a "professional" foul. He was going more towards the corner flag than the goal when brought down. Inconsistency is incredible and it just doesn't seem to favour us at the minute. I know refs have a hard job but I think they have a comfort blanket at the minute of any bad decision leading to people saying we need VAR so they don't feel as accountable.
Blackburn Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun May 12, 2019 8:46 am

Blackburn Stag wrote:The decision to not send O'Brien off for the foul on Tyler Walker is now even more unbelievable after the sending off in the Sunderland v Portsmouth game for a "professional" foul. He was going more towards the corner flag than the goal when brought down. Inconsistency is incredible and it just doesn't seem to favour us at the minute. I know refs have a hard job but I think they have a comfort blanket at the minute of any bad decision leading to people saying we need VAR so they don't feel as accountable.

yep. I was fuming when I saw that, even the commentators said the foul on walker was a blatant red compared with that one in the Sunderland game
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun May 12, 2019 10:21 pm

I have a question for those that watched the game on Sky.
Tyler charged Demetriou's clearance down right near the end, ran in on goal and looked like he was bundled over as about to shoot, why would he go down?
Was it a pen as it looked nailed on in real time??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun May 12, 2019 10:44 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:I have a question for those that watched the game on Sky.
Tyler charged Demetriou's clearance down right near the end, ran in on goal and looked like he was bundled over as about to shoot, why would he go down?

I thought it was a pen with a soft push in the back.

Walker made it look less of a foul as he tried to keep his feet and kept running (to his credit). The pundits said no but to me a push in the back is a penalty. Whatever your view it doesn't matter now and it just looks like more excuses to neutrals.

The play offs didn't finish us, the final third of the season did that and we came up short again.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun May 12, 2019 10:47 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:I have a question for those that watched the game on Sky.

I thought it was a pen with a soft push in the back.

Walker made it look less of a foul as he tried to keep his feet and kept running (to his credit). The pundits said no but to me a push in the back is a penalty. Whatever your view it doesn't matter now and it just looks like more excuses to neutrals.

The play offs didn't finish us, the final third of the season did that and we came up short again.

But once again it falls into 'the seen them given category' except for us :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum