{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let down by our own Supporters

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby Dan » Wed May 08, 2019 10:59 pm

You know that some of our lot will want to go on the pitch no matter what happens. IF Newport go through & our lot go on the pitch I dread to think of what could happen. If their fans also go on the pitch all hell will break loose. However if we win I think a lot more will go on the pitch & I bet a load will head straight towards the north stand.

I bet there’ll be more coppers there on Sunday night than there will be Newport fans.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed May 08, 2019 11:26 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:are we renowned for scrapping with Newport fans or something?

There’s history between us.

Sorry to play the ignorance of youth card and for potentially opening a can of worms but assume its pit related with them being south wales? as some where bringing it up on their forum.

Didn't see any trouble earlier in the season at their place though.

Nothing to do with pits from when we both first met in conference I think.

Plus both clubs have a reputation for trouble so always “up for it” with each other.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu May 09, 2019 1:21 am

Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:So if it's all recorded on video and it's all down to MK Dons fans, then there is nothing to worry about.

You never know the gate might be removed and we can go back to proper 3pm kick offs next season.

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:

If you think that was bad at MK you wait until Sunday night it's going to be carnage, especially if Newport go through. Hope they've got the magic tape ready :lol: :lol:
It looks like my attempt at sarcasm failed miserably :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu May 09, 2019 10:13 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Dan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:So if it's all recorded on video and it's all down to MK Dons fans, then there is nothing to worry about.

You never know the gate might be removed and we can go back to proper 3pm kick offs next season.

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:

If you think that was bad at MK you wait until Sunday night it's going to be carnage, especially if Newport go through. Hope they've got the magic tape ready :lol: :lol:
It looks like my attempt at sarcasm failed miserably :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Not at all mate I thought it was brilliant
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Thu May 09, 2019 2:41 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:If you ever wanted an insight into our blame free society then read the above from wilo. What a load of nonsense. Isn't it amazing how many of us manage go to games without issue and get on perfectly fine with the opposition fans, stewards and police? Pure luck I suppose.

The idiots are to blame - Both sets of idiots. Its no good them blaming everyone else. They need to take responsibility for their own actions.

We have thread after thread berating the players for bottling it, but some of our fans were moaning and panicking even before they scored! Some folk need to grow a pair. Yes we are disappointed, but there is no need to go into meltdown every time the other team win a tackle.

At first I took it to mean that the stewards and police were dressed up as Stags fans and it was them down on the pitch. It would obviously be crazy to claim that the drunks charging around down there weren't to blame for their own behaviour. I'm a passionate supporter and veteran of hundreds of matches and have never found myself out of control in any stadium, even after a few pints. If I was, I wouldn't be blaming stewards.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby mjneave » Thu May 09, 2019 2:54 pm

How disappointed must Barcelona and Ajax fans have been but I didn't notice any pitch invasion at fighting in the stands at either ground. Most people know how to behave even in the deepest disappointment some just want an excuse for a fight and squaring boldy to stewards when they know they can't/won't retaliate takes no courage whatsoever but does make you look and idiot.
mjneave
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu May 09, 2019 3:42 pm

mjneave wrote:How disappointed must Barcelona and Ajax fans have been but I didn't notice any pitch invasion at fighting in the stands at either ground. Most people know how to behave even in the deepest disappointment some just want an excuse for a fight and squaring boldy to stewards when they know they can't/won't retaliate takes no courage whatsoever but does make you look and idiot.

You probably need to Google last night's game in Amsterdam. The scenes in and around the Stadium were horrendous
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu May 09, 2019 4:06 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
mjneave wrote:How disappointed must Barcelona and Ajax fans have been but I didn't notice any pitch invasion at fighting in the stands at either ground. Most people know how to behave even in the deepest disappointment some just want an excuse for a fight and squaring boldy to stewards when they know they can't/won't retaliate takes no courage whatsoever but does make you look and idiot.

You probably need to Google last night's game in Amsterdam. The scenes in and around the Stadium were horrendous

yep. loads of videos of scrapping in Amsterdam. there are even undercover coppers who look like 'casuals' with batons wading in.

the Spanish police are no better either, they love to beat the raspberries out of innocent fans
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Thu May 09, 2019 4:16 pm

That's not how you spell 'naive'
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu May 09, 2019 4:26 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:

No let’s not let facts get in the way of his made up point.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:00 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum