{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let down by our own Supporters

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let down by our own Supporters

Postby Kenwood » Sun May 05, 2019 8:56 am

Binghamstag wrote:One set of fans to blame as proven by many videos. Mk fans Don's (around 100 to start with) bypassed all their players who were celebrating and ran over to the away end to goad our fans. Now our fans had a perfect view of this and around a 20 second chance to react. Most stayed in their seats some reacted and went on the pitch. Ok next who were the first to start throwing bottles? Yep mk fans Don's. Who attempted to throw a flare into the away end yep mk fans.

Spot on

Why would you run past your own players who had just secured promotion? I’m not sure what they expected to find once they reached the away end, but then most quickly returned back beyond the halfway line to then hurl bottles
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:57 am

Was sat in the upper behind the goal the only bottle throwing I could see originated from the MK fans who ran over, they were then being returned back to them.

I don't for one minute condone the behaviour we witnessed yesterday but if MK fans are hell bent on running over to our fans immediately after the whistle, run past their players (rather than celebrate with players) to start flicking the v's, w#nker signs, light smoke bombs, start throwing projectiles etc towards our fans and expect no one to get aggravated by it and retaliate given emotions where high then your living in cloud cuckoo land.

After yesterday in fairness was happy to have been moved to the top tier in order to keep the family safe.

On the flip side when getting a refund for the under 12 ticket at their end of the ground before the game I did have a good conversation with an MK fan and we wished each other well, he said himself it's a shame it can't be more like rugby where by fans can mingle without trouble and talk. However I don't think we'll ever be in that position and as such we'll always be herded around like cattle.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun May 05, 2019 9:08 am

So if it's all recorded on video and it's all down to MK Dons fans, then there is nothing to worry about.

You never know the gate might be removed and we can go back to proper 3pm kick offs next season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Sun May 05, 2019 9:16 am

Whats sure after yesterday's scenes is we'll be fined. We've also ensured the Gabittas Gate will be used every game, the North stand will remain for away fans. SAG will over react and crowd numbers will be restricted even further, policing costs will increase. I know this happened away from home but this will be used against us.
Don't suppose the stags fans involved (and there were some) will be bothered about all this but true stags fans will.
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun May 05, 2019 9:20 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:If you ever wanted an insight into our blame free society then read the above from wilo. What a load of nonsense. Isn't it amazing how many of us manage go to games without issue and get on perfectly fine with the opposition fans, stewards and police? Pure luck I suppose.

The idiots are to blame - Both sets of idiots. Its no good them blaming everyone else. They need to take responsibility for their own actions.

We have thread after thread berating the players for bottling it, but some of our fans were moaning and panicking even before they scored! Some folk need to grow a pair. Yes we are disappointed, but there is no need to go into meltdown every time the other team win a tackle.

isn't it the police and stewards job to crowd control? that's what they are paid to do, I know the fans shouldn't react like that but it could have been prevented.

and to your last paragraph there were some proper embarrassing fans moaning at EVERYTHING. a misplaced pass , a slip etc. some folk constantly calling players raspberries. everyone has a right to an opinion, but it's beyond irritating being sat near people who just moan for 90 minutes
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sun May 05, 2019 9:24 am

I agree it is the role of the police and stewards to control the crowds Bobbystag. I'm just emphasising the point that ultimately the idiots are the ones who engaged in the behaviour to begin with.

It was a minority too. Out of 20000 people I reckon maybe 4-500 were involved in the stupidity? The other 19500 managed to behave like adults.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun May 05, 2019 9:28 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:I agree it is the role of the police and stewards to control the crowds Bobbystag. I'm just emphasising the point that ultimately the idiots are the ones who engaged in the behaviour to begin with.

It was a minority too. Out of 20000 people I reckon maybe 4-500 were involved in the stupidity? The other 19500 managed to behave like adults.

there will always be idiots like this sadly who give the police more ammo to change our kick off times etc I'm sure there will be a few banning orders being handed out.

moving on we need to unite as fans and support our club for these last two or potentially three cup finals. it's hard to be positive right now as we are all hurting, but we can't lie down and feel sorry for ourselves or demand our manager to be sacked right now.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun May 05, 2019 9:38 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:isn't it the police and stewards job to crowd control? that's what they are paid to do, I know the fans shouldn't react like that but it could have been prevented.

This here is why people will never learn and why morons keep being morons. You think the decisions people make themselves are other people's responsibility.

People are responsible for there own actions. If you went on the pitch, threw things (especially those in the upper tier) i hope you are identified and banned. You're raspberry and an embarrassment.

Blaming the MK morons and police for our fans moronic behaviour is pathetic.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun May 05, 2019 9:40 am

What the MK idiots did yesterday was akin to Tony Rockyhorror giving Marcellus Wallace's wife a foot massage.

Sure the Mansfield idiots over reacted, but never the less they had to expect a reaction and they got one.

I was surprised how easy our lot got on the pitch considering the stewards only had to control two very narrow pinch points, and then I was further surprised how slow they were in clearing them off the pitch.

Poor behaviour, but equally poor crowd control. As other posters have said no doubt SAG will use this as a stick to beat us with.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Sun May 05, 2019 9:47 am

Stags 2002 wrote:Was sat in the upper behind the goal the only bottle throwing I could see originated from the MK fans who ran over, they were then being returned back to them.

I don't for one minute condone the behaviour we witnessed yesterday but if MK fans are hell bent on running over to our fans immediately after the whistle, run past their players (rather than celebrate with players) to start flicking the v's, w#nker signs, light smoke bombs, start throwing projectiles etc towards our fans and expect no one to get aggravated by it and retaliate given emotions where high then your living in cloud cuckoo land.

I choose to live in Cloud Cuckoo Land then as I don’t think indiscriminately lobbing a bottle from the relative safety of the upper tier is an act of high emotion, just moronic or cowardly in my view. Very different circumstances to those that may have felt threatened or provoked close to the pitch.

We were in the lower tier, left hand side, there were several bottles clearly coming down from the upper tier and at least a couple landed on Stags fans. The one that hit the steward next to Chander Lear luckily caught him a glancing blow rather than full on and certainly wasn’t empty. It could have done him some serious damage or easily have hit a child in the lower tier.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby sunray » Sun May 05, 2019 11:36 am

Stop excusing them in the slightest way. Bigger men would have walked away as the majority of true fans did. Get behind your club and help stop mindless violence. By excusing these idiots you are supporting ground restrictions, over policing, 1pm kickoffs and a poor reputation. Your club and team deserve better.

Mr Grimsdale:
They certainly were intent on instigating trouble and predictably they found it. It was however funny seeing thousands of these pillocks turn and run when maybe what 60 people from our end ran at them.

Kenwood:
The fact they then started throwing bottles etc just showed there intent, not condoning our fans reaction but inevitable they then went onto the pitch

Sneag:
Not condoning our fans behaviour for one moment, but a valuable life lesson learned hopefully for some of their young scamps.

sw19stag:
Who invaded the pitch and ran to gloat and goad the Mansfield fans?

HughesyStag89:
Sorry but that was all down to MK fans, instead of celebrating promotion with their own they instead felt the need to goad the stags fans and rub the hurt in a little more where there will be an obvious reaction, maybe there should have been a line of stewards or police across the corner where we was situated.. I think it was a big boo boo by MK

Wil0211
The stewards and police were to blame. Firstly they should have prevented MK fans coming to our section of the ground. Some stags fans respnded to the goading and some of the stewards got stuck in to the Mansfield fans but did little about MK fans. One of the stewards was ushered away by his colleagues, but was then chased by a large framed Mansfield lass across the pitch, big tough guy ran like penelope pitstop. This along with being pelted with missiles made the situation worse. The whole thing could have been avoided with a cordon on the half way line. Interesting that before the match there were mounted police and the amount of digs was like an outing from Battersea dogs home, but none in sight in the stadium afterwards. Not condoning the response but what did they expect, people were hurting from the performance and the result and the goading was sure to get a reaction.
One fan looked out cold at the side of the pitch, hope he was ok.

bobbystagsfan:
absolutely, the police didn't show up until the trouble had already started and it could have been prevented imo.

Binghamstag:
One set of fans to blame as proven by many videos. Mk fans Don's (around 100 to start with) bypassed all their players who were celebrating and ran over to the away end to goad our fans. Now our fans had a perfect view of this and around a 20 second chance to react. Most stayed in their seats some reacted and went on the pitch. Ok next who were the first to start throwing bottles? Yep mk fans Don's. Who attempted to throw a flare into the away end yep mk fans.

yellas-derek-yellas
Stewards and coppers were useless.

bobbystagsfan
isn't it the police and stewards job to crowd control? that's what they are paid to do, I know the fans shouldn't react like that but it could have been prevented
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby weststander » Sun May 05, 2019 12:20 pm

sunray wrote:Stop excusing them in the slightest way. Bigger men would have walked away as the majority of true fans did. Get behind your club and help stop mindless violence. By excusing these idiots you are supporting ground restrictions, over policing, 1pm kickoffs and a poor reputation. Your club and team deserve better.

Mr Grimsdale:
They certainly were intent on instigating trouble and predictably they found it. It was however funny seeing thousands of these pillocks turn and run when maybe what 60 people from our end ran at them.

Kenwood:
The fact they then started throwing bottles etc just showed there intent, not condoning our fans reaction but inevitable they then went onto the pitch

Sneag:
Not condoning our fans behaviour for one moment, but a valuable life lesson learned hopefully for some of their young scamps.

sw19stag:
Who invaded the pitch and ran to gloat and goad the Mansfield fans?

HughesyStag89:
Sorry but that was all down to MK fans, instead of celebrating promotion with their own they instead felt the need to goad the stags fans and rub the hurt in a little more where there will be an obvious reaction, maybe there should have been a line of stewards or police across the corner where we was situated.. I think it was a big boo boo by MK

Wil0211
The stewards and police were to blame. Firstly they should have prevented MK fans coming to our section of the ground. Some stags fans respnded to the goading and some of the stewards got stuck in to the Mansfield fans but did little about MK fans. One of the stewards was ushered away by his colleagues, but was then chased by a large framed Mansfield lass across the pitch, big tough guy ran like penelope pitstop. This along with being pelted with missiles made the situation worse. The whole thing could have been avoided with a cordon on the half way line. Interesting that before the match there were mounted police and the amount of digs was like an outing from Battersea dogs home, but none in sight in the stadium afterwards. Not condoning the response but what did they expect, people were hurting from the performance and the result and the goading was sure to get a reaction.
One fan looked out cold at the side of the pitch, hope he was ok.

bobbystagsfan:
absolutely, the police didn't show up until the trouble had already started and it could have been prevented imo.

Binghamstag:
One set of fans to blame as proven by many videos. Mk fans Don's (around 100 to start with) bypassed all their players who were celebrating and ran over to the away end to goad our fans. Now our fans had a perfect view of this and around a 20 second chance to react. Most stayed in their seats some reacted and went on the pitch. Ok next who were the first to start throwing bottles? Yep mk fans Don's. Who attempted to throw a flare into the away end yep mk fans.

yellas-derek-yellas
Stewards and coppers were useless.

bobbystagsfan
isn't it the police and stewards job to crowd control? that's what they are paid to do, I know the fans shouldn't react like that but it could have been prevented

Jesus, you're as bad as geoffhill lol
weststander
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun May 05, 2019 12:26 pm

Stewarding was shambolic. At the Mansfield end, they couldn’t cope with fans spilling through the only two gates effected. The Mansfield “invasion” consisted of no more than about 50 souls - a mixture of daft adolescents, a few of the usual “big game morons” and some blokes who quite simply behaved like children.
The plastic fans were able to enter the pitch with impunity and the stewards didn’t know whether to have a schit, shave or a haircut.
In the end we got the result we deserved, and most of us were able to handle the disappointment without the need to misbehave and further enhance the reputation we have for hooliganism.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby shirestag » Sun May 05, 2019 4:03 pm

I think they should deduct them three points straight away :lol: :roll: :roll:
shirestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby julianshatnasty » Sun May 05, 2019 4:13 pm

As I said on another thread yesterday, they're all pathetic and need to be banned. Absolutely no right to be on that pitch as the losing side, and as for 'goading', what the hell is wrong with people??

Awwwww you got called a raspberry by the nasty man? Poor little soul.
Did they tell you their team's better than your team? Diddums poor lamb.

Just leave them to it, respect the fact that we lost and they didn't. Who really cares that came over to gloat, had we won, we'd have done the same. If you're that pathetic that you have to chase them with your hood pulled over your face then you deserve all you get. Why would you screw over your own club with fines, safety restrictions, policing costs, capacity limits and more cos a man slides on his knees towards you?? Maybe it's because you don't actually care about the club because you're just on the bandwagon and think that's how you have to behave to show you care.

Absolutely pathetic. But sadly predictable. The police and stewards were absolutely NOT to blame, could have handled it better yes considering it was oh so predictable, but no one is to blame other than the dickheads themselves. And 'goading' ?? Grow up. I get stick at work everyday for being a Mansfield fan and I imagine most do and yet on Monday and Tuesday, when everyone goes back to work and faces the same, no one will be leaning across the desk/machine/workstation/cement mixer to punch the guy laughing at them for calling us sh(t.

Absolutely, seriously pathetic. Well done to the 4950 proper fans. Ban the rest.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun May 05, 2019 4:16 pm

julianshatnasty wrote:As I said on another thread yesterday, they're all pathetic and need to be banned. Absolutely no right to be on that pitch as the losing side, and as for 'goading', what the hell is wrong with people??

Just leave them to it, respect the fact that we lost and they didn't. Who really cares that came over to gloat, had we won, we'd have done the same. If you're that pathetic that you have to chase them with your hood pulled over your face then you deserve all you get. Why would you screw over your own club with fines, safety restrictions, policing costs, capacity limits and more cos a man slides on his knees towards you?? Maybe it's because you don't actually care about the club because you're just on the bandwagon and think that's how you have to behave to show you care.

Absolutely pathetic. But sadly predictable. The police and stewards were absolutely NOT to blame, could have handled it better yes considering it was oh so predictable, but no one is to blame other than the dickheads themselves. And 'goading' ?? Grow up. I get stick at work everyday for being a Mansfield fan and I imagine most do and yet on Monday and Tuesday, when everyone goes back to work and faces the same, no one will be leaning across the desk/machine/workstation/cement mixer to punch the guy laughing at them for calling us sh(t.

Absolutely, seriously pathetic. Well done to the 4950 proper fans. Ban the rest.

Wow, so many words to keep saying the same thing :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Sun May 05, 2019 4:28 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
julianshatnasty wrote:As I said on another thread yesterday, they're all pathetic and need to be banned. Absolutely no right to be on that pitch as the losing side, and as for 'goading', what the hell is wrong with people??

Wow, so many words to keep saying the same thing :lol:

It's quite pathetic I could only remember the word pathetic. Pathetic. :lol:
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DazMondo » Sun May 05, 2019 5:02 pm

Why would you screw over your own club with fines, safety restrictions, policing costs, capacity limits and more cos a man slides on his knees towards you?

Why do people keep quoting the same crap that never happens.

1 We will not get fined. Never have.
2 We won't get any safety restrictions because it was NOT our stadium
3 Capacity limits are based on safety precautions not being put in place. NOT because of a few teenagers and people who should no better invading the pitch. Not condoning it, but schit happens..
4 If you want those on the pitch banned, lets go the whole mile and ban those 11 idiots who invaded the pitch dressed in yellow and blue and let us down for the third game in a row.
5 The police dictate the costs, always have always will regardless of who we play.

just saying ..
Last edited by DazMondo on Sun May 05, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun May 05, 2019 5:19 pm

On a more positive note, I was really impressed with Stadium MK. Too big for lower league football of course, but the seating was comfortable, legroom was generous and the sight-lines great. However, without a big away following, I can’t see the plastic soccer fans being able to create much of an atmosphere.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun May 05, 2019 6:00 pm

Another Geoffhill indeed. As I said they looked for trouble in their thousands, and predictably found it, what is wrong with that?
Seeing them scatter was also amusing in a perverse way. What if no one had gone at them and we all just stood in the stands? Do you think they would have stopped coming over? Just flipping it on its head, and am not defending anyone's behaviour.

Many people can't behave properly not just at Mansfield but everywhere in the country, it's today's society, rivalries and events fuelled by Social Media and online threats etc etc. I have always said the gate at the One Call must be kept closed because folk can't behave...have you dug that one up? Nah didn't think so.

People like you cutting and pasting certain extracts of comments by other posters, is just busy bodying. If someone has a different opinion to you, you resort to a 'public shaming'.
It's turning this forum into an even more toxic place than it ever was.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Billy the fish » Mon May 06, 2019 1:28 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:Another Geoffhill indeed. As I said they looked for trouble in their thousands, and predictably found it, what is wrong with that?
Seeing them scatter was also amusing in a perverse way. What if no one had gone at them and we all just stood in the stands? Do you think they would have stopped coming over? Just flipping it on its head, and am not defending anyone's behaviour.

Many people can't behave properly not just at Mansfield but everywhere in the country, it's today's society, rivalries and events fuelled by Social Media and online threats etc etc. I have always said the gate at the One Call must be kept closed because folk can't behave...have you dug that one up? Nah didn't think so.

People like you cutting and pasting certain extracts of comments by other posters, is just busy bodying. If someone has a different opinion to you, you resort to a 'public shaming'.
It's turning this forum into an even more toxic place than it ever was.

This !!!! .... did the MK morons care there were woman children and the elderly in the stands when throwing bottles and flares ??? It’s been happening for decades and I’m sure will happen for decades to come .. it was hardly millwall v Leeds ..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed May 08, 2019 10:17 pm

Amber Andy wrote:So if it's all recorded on video and it's all down to MK Dons fans, then there is nothing to worry about.

You never know the gate might be removed and we can go back to proper 3pm kick offs next season.

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:

If you think that was bad at MK you wait until Sunday night it's going to be carnage, especially if Newport go through. Hope they've got the magic tape ready :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 08, 2019 10:21 pm

are we renowned for scrapping with Newport fans or something?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed May 08, 2019 10:30 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:are we renowned for scrapping with Newport fans or something?

There’s history between us.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:48 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:are we renowned for scrapping with Newport fans or something?

There’s history between us.

Sorry to play the ignorance of youth card and for potentially opening a can of worms but assume its pit related with them being south wales? as some where bringing it up on their forum.

Didn't see any trouble earlier in the season at their place though.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum