{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Flitcroft doubters

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Flitcroft doubters

Postby James » Wed May 01, 2019 11:36 am

Everyone saying the form before Christmas has cost us, but are we forgetting the amount of points we gave away in stoppage time before Christmas. Colchester at home, Bury away & Cambridge away are all games where we conceded really late goals that could have got us 6 more points (and promotion guaranteed about 2 weeks ago...).
James
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed May 01, 2019 12:39 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Jesus Christ :lol:

Nah, he's not on the list :D
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed May 01, 2019 12:45 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:

He will be on the list but using a pseudonym or alias to hide his real identity.
It's a bit cowardly to use this tactic in my opinion.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed May 01, 2019 12:47 pm

I totally get why any Stags fan has doubted Flitcroft at some point especially towards the end of last season but there is no negativity at the matches and everyone gets behind the team and I can bet most of the people on your silly list will be at MK Dons singing his name.

Let cut out the negativity eh?
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 01, 2019 1:05 pm

No he's not. I bet even his patience would be tested at times, given the way we tend to make things so much harder for ourselves.

COYS.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed May 01, 2019 1:11 pm

Shhhh He is taking notes
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Wed May 01, 2019 1:12 pm

Neither am I .....
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:17 pm

Some people are either unable to see the bigger picture or just see it as excuses. I don't think people WANT him to fail.

Evans was given a top budget and we were 4th when he left. It doesn't really matter where you are in a season it's where you are at the end. The squad Evans assembled was 8th at the end of the season. This is fact. The squad DF has assembled will finish 3rd or 4th. Again, this is fact.

As far as I'm aware Evans had no trouble offloading players he didn't want and had no long term injuries. DF has had trouble offloading expensive players (Anderson and Butcher) and had players who were injured at the start of the season (Diamond and Mirfin) and has had a couple of long term injuries to key players during the season (olejnik was in training and White was a broken leg in game) yet despite that we still have promotion in our hands with one game to go.

It sometimes does seem like we aren't allowed to have a collective "off day" or even come out 2nd best in a certain game.

Next season will be very interesting, if we don't go up then we may need a whole squad rebuild. If we go up I can see us retaining whoever we want. Then sign higher quality players and it should be a good season.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Wed May 01, 2019 1:31 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Some people are either unable to see the bigger picture or just see it as excuses. I don't think people WANT him to fail.

Evans was given a top budget and we were 4th when he left. It doesn't really matter where you are in a season it's where you are at the end. The squad Evans assembled was 8th at the end of the season. This is fact. The squad DF has assembled will finish 3rd or 4th. Again, this is fact.

As far as I'm aware Evans had no trouble offloading players he didn't want and had no long term injuries. DF has had trouble offloading expensive players (Anderson and Butcher) and had players who were injured at the start of the season (Diamond and Mirfin) and has had a couple of long term injuries to key players during the season (olejnik was in training and White was a broken leg in game) yet despite that we still have promotion in our hands with one game to go.

It sometimes does seem like we aren't allowed to have a collective "off day" or even come out 2nd best in a certain game.

Next season will be very interesting, if we don't go up then we may need a whole squad rebuild. If we go up I can see us retaining whoever we want. Then sign higher quality players and it should be a good season.

That’s a very good response Gazza
I couldn’t have written it any better than that!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Wed May 01, 2019 2:02 pm

The One wrote:Shhhh He is taking notes

Don't tell him your name Pike!!
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed May 01, 2019 2:57 pm

Sneag wrote:
The One wrote:Shhhh He is taking notes

Don't tell him your name Pike!!

Your name is also on ze lizt!!!
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed May 01, 2019 3:15 pm

I thought for a moment that today was the first of April - not May!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed May 01, 2019 3:26 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:
adamstag wrote:I do love that someone would keep tabs on who's a doubter.

Maybe they look out their window each night and spy on the neighbours :lol:

I'm just glad he won't 'rub it in my face' if we don't go up like Rob :lol:

But he will rub our faces in it if we DO go up. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed May 01, 2019 3:42 pm

As already said a lot doubted him and at the end of last season and I was willing to give him a fresh start and eventually we began to buy into him.
He does have attributes and is an honest hard working guy but I was annoyed he had blown a play off place but there were reasons around that too apart from his ability.

The defeat at County Notts and Newport seemed to begin the decline and his persistence to play Grant became questionable although Grant is a classy player but no good for a gritty fight to get out of league 2.
The one attacker up front at home etc was also a strange one
The players must take some blame too.
Also fully agree that if we have to go to the play offs we will definitely not be good enough and he may have yet another season to prove himself with JR's hard earned.
If we get to league 1 whether he will be good enough for this elevation I am not 100% sure but guessing JR will keep him and will probably keep him anyway if we stay down as well so in essence he is here to stay I think
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 01, 2019 3:58 pm

Random Hero wrote:This is quite possibly the saddest post I've ever seen on here. You need help.

Awww I thought I'd already got that accolade from you a long way back :lol: , or is it that this one's plumbed new depths of sadness?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed May 01, 2019 4:06 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:

Neither am I .....

You've already been promoted to Lge 1 Flitcroft Doubters as you were too good for Lge 2 Flitcroft Doubters.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed May 01, 2019 4:31 pm

geoffhill wrote:I am interested to find out what the following fans think regarding the boss now with one game to go.

Norman
Victor A block
Never easy
Wink 68
Old ram stag
Forest Town Stag
Farnie Stag
Chimney
Random Hero
Stagman Rob
Yorkshire Stag
Sneag
B H Stag
Adam Stag
Jamie
ABC
Mr Grimsdale
T M Wilson
Big Yella
Sedgwick
Stringy
Wardy 12345
Gruff
MTFC Missings

think about him in what respect Geoff?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed May 01, 2019 4:32 pm

We were 5th when Evans left, don't give him extra credit that he doesn't deserve.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed May 01, 2019 5:05 pm

I personally think Flitcroft was dealt a bad hand when Evans left.He has proved that he is up to the job and Most supporters were too quick to judge him.All managers make mistakes but he has proved he knows what it takes to get a team promoted from this league.I would say that the majority of the people on the list will have changed their mind regarding Flitcroft.I also am certain all fans want us to get at least a point on Saturday and get automatic promotion.I do not fancy us in the play-offs although anyone can win in that situation.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed May 01, 2019 5:45 pm

But those in the know say he's had a top whack budget, so there can be no excuses :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:57 pm

He' was dealt a bad hand. One of our highest earner was Paul Anderson, could only get a game at right back by the manager who signed him. Many here claimed we should have changed system to suit him etc but we released him end of Jan. He joined Plymouth and has managed a massive 23 minutes in total over 4 sub appearances so far for them. A waster if I've ever seen one.

Don't forget Flitcroft's massive budget includes players he didn't want. 1 retired early 1 has barely scratched 30 minutes of football, another 1 is currently playing in a conference regional division another is in the Scottish 2nd tier.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed May 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Amber Andy wrote:But those in the know say he's had a top whack budget, so there can be no excuses :)

Carolyn Radford talks about 'project promotion'. I doubt her or hubby will be too chuffed if their investment only buys 'project near miss'.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed May 01, 2019 6:04 pm

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:But those in the know say he's had a top whack budget, so there can be no excuses :)

Carolyn Radford talks about 'project promotion'. I doubt her or hubby will be too chuffed if their investment only buys 'project near miss'.

a project doesn't have just to be for one season. I know we will all be disappointed if we don't go up, but I think the Radford's will stick with DF even if we dont. We all know they like to support their managers for a good amount of time
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed May 01, 2019 6:50 pm

Ive never doubted him and always said no matter if we go up or not, he needs to be here next season. Simple as.

End
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed May 01, 2019 6:58 pm

Agreed. 4 transfer windows.

Unless of course we're looking like going down.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum