{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New home kit

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New home kit

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:17 am

Can we have a Slazenger kit. I’ll fit in on my holiday to skeggy then
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:47 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Was really hoping we had finished with Surridge.

What’s wrong with Surridge ?

He's always injured.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:57 am

Dan wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Was really hoping we had finished with Surridge.

What’s wrong with Surridge ?

He's always injured.

:lol:

I don't like the surridge replicas, within a week the things threaded to high heavens!

Also the designs aren't that good imo, the kits just don't look as good as your big brand sponsors.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:25 am

The shirt quality is horrendous.
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:39 am

Are we still tied to Sturridge?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:36 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Are we still tied to Sturridge?

I think this new kit will be the last one they're doing? Could be completely wrong though
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:36 pm

Some really good makes out there that aren’t “top brands”.

Kappa
Puma
Hummel
Errea
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:45 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Some really good makes out there that aren’t “top brands”.

Kappa
Puma
Hummel
Errea

Puma aren't a top brand? They've just paid £600 million to get the Manchester City kit contract. Six hundred million.

I'd rather have an independent British firm that have been in business since the 1800's & design us individual kits for us rather than a template seen throughout the leagues & the world... Just like Surridge.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:48 pm

TBS wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:Some really good makes out there that aren’t “top brands”.

Kappa
Puma
Hummel
Errea

Puma aren't a top brand? They've just paid £600 million to get the Manchester City kit contract. Six hundred million.

I'd rather have an independent British firm that have been in business since the 1800's & design us individual kits for us rather than a template seen throughout the leagues & the world... Just like Surridge.

Not so much Puma then but the others are a fair shout.

I don’t mind British Firms putting the kits together but the quality has to be there, it’s fair to say the quality of a Surridge kit isn’t exactly great. The training range is excellent, if they can replicate this with the matchday kits then there will be no complaints from me.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:05 pm

Were lucky to have Surridge. The Mansfield merchandise is so cheap on their website and they have sales on a lot.

Stags hoodies for £12 at the minute.
Stags Rain jackets £4.80.
Stags Training tops £5.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby ian23 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:41 pm

Do you have direct links to those items please?
ian23
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stoney » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:59 pm

ian23 wrote:Do you have direct links to those items please?

Just go onto any item on the Surridge website and there is a box under every item saying add club badge. Click that it adds around £3. You then have a personalised Stags item for pennies. It will ask you what club just write Mansfield Town.

Click on sale items for the bargains.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:25 pm

How are we lucky to have surridge?

The shirts produced are shocking. Every shirt I see at games are replete with pulls or gone bobbly. And why the hell no embroided badges? The material feels so cheap. Club only have them for maximum profit I am afraid.
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:27 pm

Stoney wrote:
ian23 wrote:Do you have direct links to those items please?

Just go onto any item on the Surridge website and there is a box under every item saying add club badge. Click that it adds around £3. You then have a personalised Stags item for pennies. It will ask you what club just write Mansfield Town.

Click on sale items for the bargains.

This website is the pants.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:10 pm

ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:19 am

I was going to buy one for my friends boy who is 18 months old. £35 !
I guess I am out of touch with costs perhaps, but it seems expensive for something that is going to be changed soon anyway, and overall from reading here the quality is at best questionable.
I'll wait for the new one of questionable quality for him.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Nottsstag100 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:36 am

Love that, but the club will go for the same old copycat designs of other clubs. We need to do something new and innovative but it won’t happen.
I just hope we release the kit mid June perfect for summer.
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:20 am

Is it meant to be grey and white?

It looks like a default template to me :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:30 am

Club approached Umbro or at least I believe they did.. ive seen Umbro Mansfield mock ups and they're beautiful kits. Really hint back to classic styles, that were simple. Very well made too

They're not that expensive as Umbro supply kits to teams in other countries that are a fraction of our clubs size.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:33 am

Nottsstag100 wrote:

Love that, but the club will go for the same old copycat designs of other clubs. We need to do something new and innovative but it won’t happen.

What about our current home kit? No one had anything like it when it came out, Nike have since brought out similar designs for Manchester United & Spurs to name but two... Surridge & Stags were there the previous season with that fade out design.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:38 am

Sedgwick wrote:Club approached Umbro or at least I believe they did.. ive seen Umbro Mansfield mock ups and they're beautiful kits. Really hint back to classic styles, that were simple. Very well made too

They're not that expensive as Umbro supply kits to teams in other countries that are a fraction of our clubs size.

I would love Umbro to have the Stags kit deal, seeing that famous double diamond on our shirts & kit would be ace, their kits are very original & make the templates of the other manufacturers look very ordinary. Umbro really are the original football brand & are making a decent come back after being used & abused & left for dead by Nike.

Is there a link to the mock ups you mention, please Sedgewick? I'd like to see them if they are available.
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:06 pm

Nottsstag100 wrote:

Cheers mate. I'd like it to be amber rather than yellow, but they don't have it on the site. I don't want them to do anything too radical. I'm not a fan of the current kit design for a home shirt, but I do think Surridge designs look smart and different and would suit away kits. For a home kit I want traditional, no frills, amber and blue.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:31 pm

TBS wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Club approached Umbro or at least I believe they did.. ive seen Umbro Mansfield mock ups and they're beautiful kits. Really hint back to classic styles, that were simple. Very well made too

I would love Umbro to have the Stags kit deal, seeing that famous double diamond on our shirts & kit would be ace, their kits are very original & make the templates of the other manufacturers look very ordinary. Umbro really are the original football brand & are making a decent come back after being used & abused & left for dead by Nike.

Is there a link to the mock ups you mention, please Sedgewick? I'd like to see them if they are available.

I saw them in person as they knew I supported stags when I visited.. Their office is in Northern Quarter across the road from mine in Manchester. A former work college of mine now works there. The designs are mostly dictated by the shirt construction... in other words they're quality shirts and not just the same cheap material with a printed pattern. Would love them as our kit supplier.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:18 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
TBS wrote:

I saw them in person as they knew I supported stags when I visited.. Their office is in Northern Quarter across the road from mine in Manchester. A former work college of mine now works there. The designs are mostly dictated by the shirt construction... in other words they're quality shirts and not just the same cheap material with a printed pattern. Would love them as our kit supplier.

Right, thanks. I have an awful lot of respect for Umbro (& Iconix who took them on) after the debacle that Nike put them through. It's good to see them get a foot in the door in the top flight in Adidas' back yard now, with 1FC Nurmburg, Shalke 04 & Werder Bremen.
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby JimmyMac » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Bukta or Umbro would be great :coys:
JimmyMac
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum