{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Poor Old Big Al’s Notts County

Postby mousemousemouse » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:58 pm

Jamie wrote:
chip63 wrote:What investment though ? Absolutely none of his own money. Just loans from his company that has gone bust.
Allegedly :D

The money he's put in still came from a company he owned. He could have taken that money himself instead but didn't. Bet he wishes he had, especially as he's destroyed his main business in the process.

It's cost him a lot. I'm gutted for him hahaha.

I really hope County go down. They should have gone bust before and whilst I don't want them to disappear, a period of reflection in the Conference along side the sheep is well overdue. Karma.

His tax liability would be much lower if he invested/loaned to Notts from Paragon. An astute move if it worked well. And the money wouldn’t have been all his, as I’m sure he has multiple directors on Paragon and they would get share so I’m surprised everyone signed off on the loans. Stupid really
Last edited by mousemousemouse on Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:01 pm

ParisStag wrote:That late Yeovil goal could potentially be huge for momentum and team spirit. Yeovil will gain belief from that. Hopefully Macc can beat a shaky looking Exeter side on Tuesday night too.

Exeter will also be without their first team keeper Pym after being sent off for two yellows today.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:28 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:
Jamie wrote:
chip63 wrote:What investment though ? Absolutely none of his own money. Just loans from his company that has gone bust.
Allegedly :D

The money he's put in still came from a company he owned. He could have taken that money himself instead but didn't. Bet he wishes he had, especially as he's destroyed his main business in the process.

It's cost him a lot. I'm gutted for him hahaha.

I really hope County go down. They should have gone bust before and whilst I don't want them to disappear, a period of reflection in the Conference along side the sheep is well overdue. Karma.

His tax liability would be much lower if he invested/loaned to Notts from Paragon. An astute move if it worked well. And the money wouldn’t have been all his, as I’m sure he has multiple directors on Paragon and they would get share so I’m surprised everyone signed off on the loans. Stupid really

Of course it helped with Tax. JR has done the same, as would anyone... Directors aren't entitled to any company profits outside of what they're contracted to earn. Either way his Notts County dream has turned into a huge personal and most likely financial disaster. If he hadn't been such a raspberry people might have had a tiny bit of sympathy...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:45 am

New owners were at the game today.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:20 am

Dan wrote:New owners were at the game today.

any clue who it is Dan ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:58 am

NCM has a quote from Charlie Slater's tw@tter saying 'from what I understand they were at the game today'. No reason to doubt CS, but that's not a concrete sighting. Maybe Dan has another source.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:05 am

All smoke and mirrors
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:07 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Any rightminded person will be wholeheartedly supporting Notts when they play MK Dons in a couple of weeks though, won't they?!

Of course. Our season is a million times more Important. They’re just an amusing sideshow. Hope they batter Franchise FC and help the goal difference too.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:12 am

Sneag wrote:NCM has a quote from Charlie Slater's tw@tter saying 'from what I understand they were at the game today'. No reason to doubt CS, but that's not a concrete sighting. Maybe Dan has another source.

I worked with Charlie for 5 years. He won't have said that if he was not certain about it.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby oldweststander » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:25 am

There will be no deal until their footballing fate is settled IMO
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:32 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Sneag wrote:NCM has a quote from Charlie Slater's tw@tter saying 'from what I understand they were at the game today'. No reason to doubt CS, but that's not a concrete sighting. Maybe Dan has another source.

I worked with Charlie for 5 years. He won't have said that if he was not certain about it.

I though Charlie Slater's choice of words suggest he was repeating hearsay and inserting a caveat accordingly.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:40 am

Sneag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

I though Charlie Slater's choice of words suggest he was repeating hearsay and inserting a caveat accordingly.

Trust me, Charlie would not repeat hearsay.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:28 am

He bends over for County now though. Some of his Tweets are embarrassing
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:18 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... match.html

And Notts County fans have the cheek to describe us as banjo playing six fingered people. I think they ought to take a good look at the people of Nottingham first.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:41 pm

Doesn’t give the racist’s association (could be forest, random person from Nottingham or tourist) either way it’s not welcome
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:51 pm

bellwhiff wrote:He bends over for County now though. Some of his Tweets are embarrassing

I used to play 5 a side with a few from Radio notts and derby, that's how I met Charlie, used to be a really nice chap... all ill say about him now is since covering Notts County he thinks he's billy big raspberrys and a lot of people have taken a disliking to him. Also got told he described his time covering Mansfield as "miserable" and "had to do it to get to where he is today" :lol: He'll be great doing non-league coms.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:57 pm

I liked Charlie but sonetimes people change without them realising it.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:03 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:He bends over for County now though. Some of his Tweets are embarrassing

I used to play 5 a side with a few from Radio notts and derby, that's how I met Charlie, used to be a really nice chap... all ill say about him now is since covering Notts County he thinks he's billy big raspberrys and a lot of people have taken a disliking to him. Also got told he described his time covering Mansfield as "miserable" and "had to do it to get to where he is today" :lol: He'll be great doing non-league coms.

I think the 'got told' stories are very mischievous when you haven't been told it first hand and can whip up completely unnecessary ill feeling, and Christ knows the world is full of that now sadly.
I certainly didn't get that impression from him when I met him at the cricket, came across as a good bloke, just to balance things up perhaps.
I remember him doing the weather wearing a Mansfield Town tie, so it couldn't have been miserable all the time.
You may well be right about the first part if that's your personal experience but the 'got told' stories aren't worth spit for me.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:08 pm

Martin said he became a MTFC fan in his time covering MTFC. I bet the only time he's been back to watch MTFC play since starting to cover Clownty is the two demolition jobs we've done on them since.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:24 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

I think the 'got told' stories are very mischievous when you haven't been told it first hand and can whip up completely unnecessary ill feeling, and Christ knows the world is full of that now sadly.
I certainly didn't get that impression from him when I met him at the cricket, came across as a good bloke, just to balance things up perhaps.
I remember him doing the weather wearing a Mansfield Town tie, so it couldn't have been miserable all the time.
You may well be right about the first part if that's your personal experience but the 'got told' stories aren't worth spit for me.

Spot on Mr Grimsdale. You seem to always have a story about something you've seen or done Sedgwick yet can never back it up with evidence. It's always "I've seen this" or "I've seen that" yet I've never seen you back it up with evidence, like these Stags shirts you reckon you saw.

I see Charlie all the time & numerous times after the match the first thing he says to me is "your boys done good again" & looks genuinely pleased for us if we've won. At the end of the day he's a Man Utd fan because that's where he's from. I've worked for Notts County for well over 10 years but I don't support them. Charlie will always have a soft spot for us and probably for Notts when he moves onto pastures new. Jesus give the guy a break he's just doing his job (& he does it really well too).
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:45 pm

Dan wrote: I've worked for Notts County for well over 10 years

We feel your pain bud ;) :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:08 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

:lol: :lol: That was thanks to H*slam.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:33 pm

Dan wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

well, you didnt help the situation, did you?
you werent exactly reticent about bad mouthing him on here, at the time.
given that you posted under your full name it was not a very bright thing to do.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:38 pm

m1cksut wrote:
Dan wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:

well, you didnt help the situation, did you?
you werent exactly reticent about bad mouthing him on here, at the time.
given that you posted under your full name it was not a very bright thing to do.

Apologies for trying to save OUR football club. I was right all along though wasn't I? Plus it was nothing to do with being on here.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:07 am

Think you should lay off our Dan.

I supported his actions at the time and saw nothing that warrented the way was treated that day and thereafter .

Our loss was County's gain, maybe he could come back in the future?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum