{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Poor Old Big Al’s Notts County

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:14 am

Big yella wrote:Are they down yet?

Are they bust yet?

Won't be long.

Won't be long.

:D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Heard from a ‘reliable source’ today (I love that phrase) that the stewards at Notts aren’t looking forward to Saturday as they might not get paid.

Also, about four weeks ago after receiving advice not to go to the game as his safety could not be guaranteed he insisted on going saying that he needed to show some backers / buyers around the ground. When asked to provide the names of the backers he could not.

The source, a very reliable county fan who is a steward also feels nothing but fury towards their saviour now.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:49 pm

but after last saturday, they will surely make the play-offs?
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:24 pm

I think they will survive now looking at Yeovil.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:46 pm

Notts will stop up, some big results away from home of late and the fact Yeovil are absolutely pathetic will help them.

It’s 100% 2 from 3, can just see Notts getting safe though...unfortunately
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:53 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:I think they will survive now looking at Yeovil.

Macclesfield still in the mix as well, I’m not sure how good their fixtures are though?

Also, I expected at least 1 April fool around their buyers today.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:24 pm

Yeovil aren't their problem Macc Town are.

Also, there year we went down we got some tidy results away, but were raspberry at home.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:30 pm

Sneag wrote:Yeovil aren't their problem Macc Town are.

Also, there year we went down we got some tidy results away, but were raspberry at home.

Could that be because the fans made the atmosphere toxic?

County are in a similar position with their owner (directing venom at him that is) and could end up with the same problem of making the players uncomfortable.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:53 am

dont see how our results from years ago affect the pensioners now.
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:58 am

James Goodwin (Twitter ex agent who is sometimes correct) says County likely to sell Boldewijn and Hemmings . Us and Lincoln after em apparently

would take enzio off em but not Hemmings.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:17 am

m1cksut wrote:

Obviously they don't it was merely an observation.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:32 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:

County are in a similar position with their owner (directing venom at him that is) and could end up with the same problem of making the players uncomfortable.

Clearly the ire was aimed at Haslam and not the players.

That we stayed up as long as we did before going down was quite an achievement
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:33 am

Sneag wrote:
m1cksut wrote:

Obviously they don't it was merely an observation.

Think we had runs of 5 wins on the bounce away while having the same run of losses at home if memory serves me right
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:06 pm

adamstag wrote:

Intent and effect are often different things and with that team we should never have gone down. Many of them went on to play in leagues higher than league 2 which speaks volumes really.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:16 pm

adamstag wrote:

Intent and effect are often different things and with that team we should never have gone down. Many of them went on to play in leagues higher than league 2 which speaks volumes really.

If it is the case that the "toxic atmosphere" made the difference - which I don't believe in - if these players can't cope with a bad atmosphere from 3,000 fans then clearly they shouldn't have made it higher up the pyramid.

Also, any bad atmosphere was caused completely by Haslam and not the fans - it would be ridiculous to suggest the fans just sat there and took what Haslam gave us - I remember many saying they'd rather go down to get rid of him and we'd eventually come back stronger - well it took it's time but we've achieved just that.

Hardy is no Haslam though, he's not even in the same ballpark
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:01 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:James Goodwin (Twitter ex agent who is sometimes correct) says County likely to sell Boldewijn and Hemmings . Us and Lincoln after em apparently

would take enzio off em but not Hemmings.

Blodwyn's a flair player and not a grafter. When the going gets tough Blodwyn's a bit like Grant and becomes invisible. I don't think Blodwyn could lace Chris's boots up.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:15 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Notts will stop up, some big results away from home of late and the fact Yeovil are absolutely pathetic will help them.

If Cambridge lose tonight and we beat them on Saturday then I can see them being dragged into it too, especially if Yeovil, Macc and Clownty pick up points
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:41 pm

Johnny H wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:Notts will stop up, some big results away from home of late and the fact Yeovil are absolutely pathetic will help them.

If Cambridge lose tonight and we beat them on Saturday then I can see them being dragged into it too, especially if Yeovil, Macc and Clownty pick up points

Hopefully win tonight and lose Saturday
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:50 pm

adamstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

If it is the case that the "toxic atmosphere" made the difference - which I don't believe in - if these players can't cope with a bad atmosphere from 3,000 fans then clearly they shouldn't have made it higher up the pyramid.

Also, any bad atmosphere was caused completely by Haslam and not the fans - it would be ridiculous to suggest the fans just sat there and took what Haslam gave us - I remember many saying they'd rather go down to get rid of him and we'd eventually come back stronger - well it took it's time but we've achieved just that.

1. I never suggested Hardy is in the same league as Haslam

2. If you think the fans behaviour didn't affect the players then dream on.

3. I was suggesting that County can't rely on home form when the atmosphere is aggressive.

4. As for players not being good enough to make it up the pyramid, why did they if they have no talent or bottle? 0

5. There were not 3,000 fans with an attitude as many tried to keep their demonstrations away from match days.

The point I felt we lost the season and the will to fight was during the FA cup match against Middlesborough. We were a goal down but making a good fight of it when some 'fan' decided it was a good idea to interrupt the televised match by kicking balls on the pitch from outside the ground. You could see the players visibly sink and they never really recovered at home.

We are thankfully in a better place now but could easily have gone under. I respect your view that the antics didn't affect the team but I don't agree and feel that we should accept our part in the downfall of the club. Whether individuals feel it was a price worth paying is a personal view and standpoint. With the benefit of hindsight, it probably was but it could have ended so much differently. As a well known cockney says, 'He who dares wins' but it's taken a long time for the victory which has only just been achieved.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:14 pm

County have got to play MK Dons at home yet, if they beat them and it means that we go up then I'd be happy for them to stay up as their reward for helping get us promoted.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:25 pm

Marky Mark wrote:County have got to play MK Dons at home yet, if they beat them and it means that we go up then I'd be happy for them to stay up as their reward for helping get us promoted.

I'd take that. If we go up I'm happy. If the Skunks go down too that's just the icing on the cake.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:48 am

The Bury thread had a link to the Gazette for upcoming insolvency cases. Out of curiosity the Clownty case brought by HMRC is on 10th April. Should be an interesting Charlie Slater piece on EMT. As Charlie had previous about Clownty going down I was pleased to see he used the same script for Leicester Tigers potential relegation. Only the names were changed.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:49 am

adamstag wrote:

This isn't heading down the 'if i was paid their wages i'd put up with it!' street by any chance, Adamski? ;)

I can guarantee many of here wouldn't calmly accept it, given the way this board reacts to criticism and flares up like gonorrhoea during freshers week :lol:

Despite what we say, we're all human underneath (with the exception of Spireites and a few Counteh fans :P), and whatever tough exterior we like to portray can easily be eroded by 3000 boos aimed at you each week, like Bucko endured. I doubt any of us would be immune to the jeers when your name was announced in the starting line up, or each time you touched the ball. And do you not remember Cantona's 'reasoned' response to the fan that goaded him - hardly confirming players can't progress if they react to fans, now is it.

Anyhoo - looks like County might be safe, but plenty of chance for any of those 3 teams to go down should 1 or 2 key players be lost to injury or cards. Imo, County need to win 3 on the bounce to settle their nerves, or it might come down to the last kick of the season
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:05 pm

Anyone watch Line of Duty? Vicky McClure (well known Clownty season ticket holder) character goes home to her family and her “son” has a Florist”. mug. Has she changed sides?
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:46 pm

stag861 wrote:Anyone watch Line of Duty? Vicky McClure (well known Clownty season ticket holder) character goes home to her family and her “son” has a Florist”. mug. Has she changed sides?

No her other half is on the board at Forest & is a big fan.
Dan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum