{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Forestieri court appearance

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Forestieri court appearance

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:41 am

Didn't realise it was today, but for those Twitter this guy is there and live tweeting the proceedings.

mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Forestieri court appearance

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:46 am

Theres been loads of updates. He is denying it... Ref has confirmed it only kicked off after KP allegedly heard it...
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:29 pm

NOT GUILTY.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:31 pm

Its always going to be a hard one to prove. It's not like its the premier league where every player had a camera on them at all time.
Ref didn't hear it either.

unfortunately, with no evidence, you have to side with the accused.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:33 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yellafella » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:38 pm

The Judge's comments are quite clear, FF will be tangling with lots of players that will have seen this and they will make their own mind up.
yellafella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby FarnieStag » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:18 pm

Probably guilty but it should have never come to court as there could never be a conviction on such flimsy evidence. The police seem to obsessed with political correctness and ticking boxes with anything to do with race, while serious crimes that are not race related go to the back of the queue
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:40 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Or alternatively, the judge having spent the best part of a day in the company of Mr. Forestieri, knows damn well he did it but there is not enough concrete evidence for it to stick.

The judge will have seen enough liars, scoundrels and thieves in his time to form a well rounded enough opinion.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:02 pm

'Orrible little scrote. I'm surprised CPS ran with it TBH.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:38 pm

I am sure if it was a civil action instead of a criminal action he would have been found guilty.

Instead of beyond reasonable doubt, it would have been balance of probability
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:52 pm

never gonna have been enough in a MC to convict
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:06 am

Guilty as hell but will be found out in the future
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:28 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:24 pm

Hopefully he will be charged by the FA and miss the start of the season.

The wheels of justice may be slow but they don't half hurt if you get caught. No on second thoughts they normally barely cut you with some of the soft sentences you see handed out. Let's hope the FA do a better job.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:16 pm

It's a tough one... there was an incident in the QLE recently where a bloke shouted 'You blind two hat' at the ref, and a group of people a few rows in front (including a coloured chap) lost it - essentially accusing him of shouting 'You black two hat', simply because they mis-heard.

I know they mis-heard because I was sat very close by and heard clear as day what he said and because the person involved was visibly bothered by being falsely accused of racism.

I'm not saying Forestieri is innocent but with no evidence it would be harsh, in my opinion, for the FA to punish him.

I'm not calling Pearce a liar, but perhaps he mis-heard or, if it was as clear as that I just don't see how the FA can take one players word for it. If they do, will we one day see players making these accusations to get others in trouble, knowing that by making the claim even with no evidence a punishment will be given.

Very tricky all round this one.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:30 pm

Jamie wrote:It's a tough one... there was an incident in the QLE recently where a bloke shouted 'You blind two hat' at the ref, and a group of people a few rows in front (including a coloured chap) lost it - essentially accusing him of shouting 'You black two hat', simply because they mis-heard.

I know they mis-heard because I was sat very close by and heard clear as day what he said and because the person involved was visibly bothered by being falsely accused of racism.

I'm not saying Forestieri is innocent but with no evidence it would be harsh, in my opinion, for the FA to punish him.

I'm not calling Pearce a liar, but perhaps he mis-heard or, if it was as clear as that I just don't see how the FA can take one players word for it. If they do, will we one day see players making these accusations to get others in trouble, knowing that by making the claim even with no evidence a punishment will be given.

The fact remains: Forestieri is right at home in the middle of Scunthorpe.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:51 am

I look forward to the FA dealing with him in exactly the same way they did the female Sheff Utd player.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:22 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I look forward to the FA dealing with him in exactly the same way they did the female Sheff Utd player.

Already looking into it
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldyellow » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Jamie wrote:It's a tough one... there was an incident in the QLE recently where a bloke shouted 'You blind two hat' at the ref, and a group of people a few rows in front (including a coloured chap) lost it - essentially accusing him of shouting 'You black two hat', simply because they mis-heard.

I must have been sat in front of you somewhere because I heard him as well and he said exactly what you said.
oldyellow
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:39 pm

oldyellow wrote:

I must have been sat in front of you somewhere because I heard him as well and he said exactly what you said.

I hope this matter was resolved amicably in the QLE and apologies given to the correct people.

No fun at all being accused of something you haven’t done in front of an audience.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Chadman » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:54 pm

FA have just confirmed to me they are now back investigating the case now it is no longer under the courts so we could see Forestieri still further punished

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9689985
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:58 pm

How can he be punished by the FA when a court of law found insufficient evidence. Unless there is 'hard' evidence then I can't see anything coming of it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:22 pm

Spiritater wrote:How can he be punished by the FA when a court of law found insufficient evidence. Unless there is 'hard' evidence then I can't see anything coming of it.

I dunno but it happened with Terry.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:25 pm

one persons word against another sadly
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:37 pm

Standards of proof. Criminal is beyond reasonable doubt but civil is on the balance of probabilities.

The judge more or less said he was guilty but the standard hadn't been reached. It comes down to who you believe for the FA.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum