{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stags in full control of One Call Stadium

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stags in full control of One Call Stadium

Postby sunray » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: 15.03.2019 John Radford last payment for the ground
Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:53 pm

a reminder of what John Radford said at the fans forum in 2014

https://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetai ... ewsid=7586

John Radford: I don’t think there’s any reason that the ground should ever be re-united with the club. There should be a peppercorn rental set for the club, but I don’t think the football club should have that asset. Football clubs get sued all the time. If that football club gets sued for a million pounds, we can’t have that football club have an asset that could go to someone suing them. So it’s basically for legal reasons. Ideally yes I’d like to say yes let’s join them back up but let’s say 10 years down the line I’m not here and MTFC gets sued or something like that then the ground can be attainable or can be taken as part of the assets of the football club. I’d rather keep it separate, keep it in a trust. If I’m looking at this as far as a business in concerned, to protect the football club, it’s better that the ground is safe in a trust.

Question (Darren): When you did reach a settlement with Mr Haslam you did have to sign this over-arch agreement where part of the deal was that you are not allowed to transfer the ground even to a supporters trust, unless Mr Haslam agrees to it. I think the agreement is that if you develop the ground in the next 20 years, 50% of the profits have to be paid to Keith Haslam.

John Radford: Yes that’s exactly correct. The reason I managed to get a reasonable price off Haslam was I was prepared to sign that this stays with MTFC at least for the next 20 years. He thought I was coming in as a property developer, but that’s not the case.

Makes you smile "He thought I was coming in as a property developer, but that’s not the case" So what do you call someone who develops an hotel on part of the site.

Hope none of the profit from building the hotel goes to Haslam.

Whilst ever JR owns/controls the property company no problem with it owning the ground. Nice to see a long term ground lease put in place at a true peppercorn rent to protect the football club for say the next 50 years.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:01 pm

sunray wrote:

John Radford: I don’t think there’s any reason that the ground should ever be re-united with the club. There should be a peppercorn rental set for the club, but I don’t think the football club should have that asset. Football clubs get sued all the time. If that football club gets sued for a million pounds, we can’t have that football club have an asset that could go to someone suing them. So it’s basically for legal reasons. Ideally yes I’d like to say yes let’s join them back up but let’s say 10 years down the line I’m not here and MTFC gets sued or something like that then the ground can be attainable or can be taken as part of the assets of the football club. I’d rather keep it separate, keep it in a trust. If I’m looking at this as far as a business in concerned, to protect the football club, it’s better that the ground is safe in a trust.

Question (Darren): When you did reach a settlement with Mr Haslam you did have to sign this over-arch agreement where part of the deal was that you are not allowed to transfer the ground even to a supporters trust, unless Mr Haslam agrees to it. I think the agreement is that if you develop the ground in the next 20 years, 50% of the profits have to be paid to Keith Haslam.

John Radford: Yes that’s exactly correct. The reason I managed to get a reasonable price off Haslam was I was prepared to sign that this stays with MTFC at least for the next 20 years. He thought I was coming in as a property developer, but that’s not the case.

Makes you smile "He thought I was coming in as a property developer, but that’s not the case" So what do you call someone who develops an hotel on part of the site.

Whilst ever JR owns/controls the property company no problem with it owning the ground. Nice to see a long term ground lease put in place at a true peppercorn rent to protect the football club for say the next 50 years.

Where's the hotel, gone quiet with the others being built, me personally do t think it will happen now.
Don't you think they meant building houses after running the club into the ground?
He puts his money where his mouth is, rids us of that chancer(cancer), very competitive budget and you still have a dig!!!

You absolute nub end :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:08 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
sunray wrote:

Where's the hotel, gone quiet with the others being built, me personally do t think it will happen now.
Don't you think they meant building houses after running the club into the ground?
He puts his money where his mouth is, rids us of that chancer(cancer), very competitive budget and you still have a dig!!!

You absolute nub end :roll:

From what I've heard, the hotel is nowhere near a solid idea. Some people high up don't even want it.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:47 am

From what I've heard, the hotel is nowhere near a solid idea

I thought they had planning consent. Looking at the Council website there are detailed plans etc.

Just waiting for Bob the Builder. Steve's got his digger in the car park ready to go
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Ronaldo10 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:12 am

Chander Lear wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Club don’t need to arrange owt. Just fill the pate on 15th and get caked in it.

Mellis will dj

I'll be in Pate for it. pointless going to an unrelated pub.

Especially with DJ Mellis

Fill the pate bar then

For the information it was me who come up with the idea of a party and making it into a charity night to. Couldn’t see many other people volunteering to do anything. Also a few made me change the date so they could come to the event. Sadly these people couldn’t be arsedvto show up anyway. Raised a fair chunk of money last night for the John Eastwood Hospice as well as having a party to celebrate getting rid of Haslam.

All in all a great night. For future reference though if you want something in life do it yourself. Don’t moan at people who try and do something whilst your sat on your bums on a Saturday night watching tv
Ronaldo10
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:58 am

Ronaldo10 wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Club don’t need to arrange owt. Just fill the pate on 15th and get caked in it.

Mellis will dj

Fill the pate bar then

For the information it was me who come up with the idea of a party and making it into a charity night to. Couldn’t see many other people volunteering to do anything. Also a few made me change the date so they could come to the event. Sadly these people couldn’t be arsedvto show up anyway. Raised a fair chunk of money last night for the John Eastwood Hospice as well as having a party to celebrate getting rid of Haslam.

All in all a great night. For future reference though if you want something in life do it yourself. Don’t moan at people who try and do something whilst your sat on your bums on a Saturday night watching tv

Well done Ronnie for raising money for what is an excellent charity that helps a great many people from the Mansfield Area.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:29 am

Ronaldo10 wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

Mellis will dj

Fill the pate bar then

Don't moan at people for not turning up sean. I can totally see the point of why people didn't. A stags related party not being held at stags where the club could really do with the profit. The money for the hospice could have been collected there could it not?

well done for earning some money for the hospice, it's a great cause and something very personal to me, however, some people are against cash in bucket charity gigs these days, which is probably why many didn't show.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:38 am

well done Ronnie.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Ronaldo10 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:49 am

Chander Lear wrote:
Ronaldo10 wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

Mellis will dj

Fill the pate bar then

Don't moan at people for not turning up sean. I can totally see the point of why people didn't. A stags related party not being held at stags where the club could really do with the profit. The money for the hospice could have been collected there could it not?

well done for earning some money for the hospice, it's a great cause and something very personal to me, however, some people are against cash in bucket charity gigs these days, which is probably why many didn't show.

In theory this is something that Paul could of done at the club. It may of been ticket only though and that’s why I chosed a venue like the ling. the ling sell lotto tickets too and they sold more last night to people who don’t go in. I’m pretty sure tonif it was a ticket job at Stags you’d be the 1st to moan about it.

Anyway decent night and everyone had a good time
Ronaldo10
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BigGuy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:47 am

Well done to all, how much did the charities raise?
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:04 am

Well done Sean.

The club have done ticket events in the past ( end of season do's) that have been prohibitively expensive. Also the club have had 7 years to put something together, and didn't bother so fair play the Sean for arranging this event.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby lancer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:06 am

It was a great night,
Thanks to Ronnie.
Just to put this issue to bed, the Ling has a big Stags following who go in. Ive been told that I sell the most Stags prize draw tickets out side of the club. we take buses to away games etc. We are not trying to take money away from the club, but do think the Landlord who supports us, should get something in return.
You could have a argument that the Nell Gwynne, Corner house, Bowl in hand, New inn, Swann etc also take money away from the club,
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:11 am

I enjoyed it, and there was the added bonus of quite a bit of fit crumpet in there as well. Also the two new flags look spot on
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:14 am

Well done. You celebrated an important event in MTFC history, you raised money for charity and some loyal Stags fans had a good evening. What's not to like?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:09 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Well done. You celebrated an important event in MTFC history, you raised money for charity and some loyal Stags fans had a good evening. What's not to like?

It wouldn’t be Stagsnet if people couldn’t find a fault with something :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:16 pm

Ronnie. You were there when the fight against Haslam started. And you organised a do to celebrate the final payment by the Radfords to see the end of him. Be proud of what you've done and the money you've raised for so many good causes. Top man.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:26 pm

Yes Ronnie, great stuff mate, well done.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:54 am

Chimney wrote:I enjoyed it, and there was the added bonus of quite a bit of fit crumpet in there as well. Also the two new flags look spot on

Really good event to have hosted. Well organised and food put on to boot

---

Well done, Sean, on leading on this. Extremely admirable to do this from planning to delivery.

Sean is one of those you can truly call "Mr Mansfield Town" and having read an article a while back helping out fans of other clubs fundraise this man is someone we should look up to more widely but not take advantage of. We should help him not just by attending his events but help make them happen
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:36 am

There's a very young looking Rob in these photos :lol:

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9649689
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Ronaldo10 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:37 am

£190.67 was raised Saturday for the John Eastwood Hospice. Will be doing a walk later in the year to raise some more funds.
Ronaldo10
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Conker » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:08 am

So is the ground being put in a protected trust and rented to the club via a nominal fee ala Notts County?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:32 am

Conker wrote:So is the ground being put in a protected trust and rented to the club via a nominal fee ala Notts County?

And if it isn't??????
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:08 pm

Ronaldo10 wrote:£190.67 was raised Saturday for the John Eastwood Hospice. Will be doing a walk later in the year to raise some more funds.

Well done Ronnie
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:17 pm

Matchday Programme vs Crewe, 23 March 2019

John Radford:
"It's amazing to finally have the ground back in our own hands and, in me, it's owned by someone who is a Mansfield person and a fan of the club.
"It should never have got to the stage where the ground was separated from the club and its fans as it was, but now we can make it into somewhere to be proud of.
"We have ambitions to develop the Bishop Street Stand at the appropriate time and obviously there are hotel plans too, although we're waiting to see what happens with Brexit before we proceed with that.
"We can also improve the car parking and other things around the ground."

For the rest of the four page interview, see the matchday programme.

-----------------
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:25 am

here's the full article from the programme, for those of you who don't buy the programme ... shame on you, you're also missing out on "Martin's Memorable Matches" :D

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum