{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Ticketing System

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ticketing System

Postby sunray » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:29 pm

Why are football clubs so poor at giving a good off pitch experience.
Ticketing, food, toilets, stewarding
But we are fans so there is little incentive for clubs to improve because we won't go to another club.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby nigegray » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:40 pm

Peed off today went to one call for my quarry lane end membership card ticket for mondays game only to find it closed all day
So monday is matchday gonna have to pay full price
They should allow us to use it monday with being closed all day saturday
Anybody know anything on this???
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Paulstag » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:02 pm

nigegray wrote:Peed off today went to one call for my quarry lane end membership card ticket for mondays game only to find it closed all day

You've had weeks to get a ticket but decide to get one the day before.

Moan moan moan.
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby nigegray » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:34 pm

Paulstag wrote:
nigegray wrote:Peed off today went to one call for my quarry lane end membership card ticket for mondays game only to find it closed all day

Moan moan moan.

I didnt get my shift for monday covered till friday evening so didnt purchase one earlier
paulstag so if you dont know the facts why dont you keep it shut thank you !!!!
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Paulstag » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:50 pm

nigegray wrote:
Paulstag wrote:

Moan moan moan.

I didnt get my shift for monday covered till friday evening so didnt purchase one earlier

Convenient....
Paulstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stoney » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:51 pm

I think it's always shut on a Saturday unless we're at home or there's a special occasion ie local Derby coming up or a big cup tie.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby nigegray » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:57 pm

Paulstag wrote:
nigegray wrote:
Paulstag wrote:

Moan moan moan.

Convenient....
do one raspberry head
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:00 pm

I’d ring the club Monday or pop down and explain. Hopefully they’ll allow you to get a ticket at member price!

I think the idea of selling tickets in the SP bar at weekends is a great idea and would have been ideal in this situation.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby nigegray » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:10 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:

I’d ring the club Monday or pop down and explain. Hopefully they’ll allow you to get a ticket at member price!

I think the idea of selling tickets in the SP bar at weekends is a great idea and would have been ideal in this situation.

thank you for a civilised response to my comments rather than the garbage responded to me earlier
i will ring monday thanks.
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:27 am

nigegray wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

thank you for a civilised response to my comments rather than the garbage responded to me earlier

You have a 1 in 3 chance of speaking to a helpful member of staff. Good luck.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:11 am

Foresttownstag wrote:Should be all on sale, sod holding tickets back for people who might turn up on a matchday. If it sells out before matchday then its tough luck to anyone who made the late decision.

This wouldn’t happen at any other sporting event or club

At last some common sense. Thanks Foresttownstag.

Anyone who wants a ticket should book one before the day of the game. Anyone who wants to make a last minute decision and rock up on the day fine, but if there are no tickets left then tough sh*t. Common sense IMO.

The club should be making ALL blocks available to pre book and not holding any blocks back. I for one sometimes decide not to attend as i cannot get the seats i prefer which i would comfortably be able to do if all blocks / seats were made available. Admittedly i have more specific requirements than other fans but it's less money for the club ultimately.

Make all seats available and whatever is left can go to pay on the day fans.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Iliketrains » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:16 am

Sneag wrote:
nigegray wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

You have a 1 in 3 chance of speaking to a helpful member of staff. Good luck.

Spot on. See my rant on the complaints thread that i know won't have any effect whatsoever. It's a good job the club are doing well at the minute and have a solid future because these frightening levels of customer service won't wash with some. Maybe it's not so much the usual hardcore element of fans who will feel affronted by it but in terms of recruiting any potential interested new fans, some are being put of at first contact due to atrocious customer engagement.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:14 pm

Smiles, pleases and thank yous are thin on the ground whenever I visit the ticket office.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:02 pm

Due to the redevelopment of the City Ground Forest have a reduced number of season tickets for the 19/20 season and they are on sale now.

Imagine the foot stamping and dummy throwing if something like that happened at Mansfield???
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:03 pm

According to the online system there's only 100 tickets left to order online. Any indication as to actually how many tickets have been sold?
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Iliketrains wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:Should be all on sale, sod holding tickets back for people who might turn up on a matchday. If it sells out before matchday then its tough luck to anyone who made the late decision.

Anyone who wants a ticket should book one before the day of the game. Anyone who wants to make a last minute decision and rock up on the day fine, but if there are no tickets left then tough sh*t. Common sense IMO.

The club should be making ALL blocks available to pre book and not holding any blocks back. I for one sometimes decide not to attend as i cannot get the seats i prefer which i would comfortably be able to do if all blocks / seats were made available. Admittedly i have more specific requirements than other fans but it's less money for the club ultimately.

Unfortunately iliketrains it isn't possible due to EFL regulations to have all tickets on sale then sell on the day.

My understanding is either you can make it all ticket and no sales on match day or alternatively you can hold 10% back and sell on match day.

Now regarding the missing blocks from sale these have always been the following:

QLE - Blocks A (seems to be free tickets for youth team) & B (Family block but usually half empty hopefully improves after recent offers).

IGS - Block A (Old family block don't know why isn't put on sale), Block J (Players friends and family block - again spares should be put on sale), Blocks F, G, H (held back to allow sales on the day).
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:12 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:

Unfortunately iliketrains it isn't possible due to EFL regulations to have all tickets on sale then sell on the day.

My understanding is either you can make it all ticket and no sales on match day or alternatively you can hold 10% back and sell on match day.

Now regarding the missing blocks from sale these have always been the following:

QLE - Blocks A (seems to be free tickets for youth team) & B (Family block but usually half empty hopefully improves after recent offers).

IGS - Block A (Old family block don't know why isn't put on sale), Block J (Players friends and family block - again spares should be put on sale), Blocks F, G, H (held back to allow sales on the day).

So in answer to Stag95, there are a lot left!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:

That’s about 1800-2000 tickets there alone.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Would it be too far beyond the realms of the club to do the following:
1 - Publish a date upon which the tickets go on sale for each home and away game? This would allow ‘customers’ to plan expenditure and purchase earlier when demand is high or ‘customers’ have the need to purchase early to fulfill friends and families requirements.
2 - Put the ‘ticket sale dates’ on the website. This won’t be the most onerous task for the ticket office staff as the fixture list is published in June.
3 - Put on the website details of how many tickets, for which block are left and which blocks are held back for sale on the day. This would allow the ‘customers’ to have a greater and more transparent choice at the time of purchase.
4 - Publish the dates, as soon as is practicable (allowing for tv changes etc), that season ticket holders have priority for the purchasing of tickets. By stating the number of away games and opposition that season ticket holders will have priority to purchase prior to the end of any season ticket sale offer it will aid ‘customers’ to make a decision about wether or not the purchase a season ticket.

More information, a framework of dates that is workable and transparency is all that is required.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:32 pm

Stag95 wrote:According to the online system there's only 100 tickets left to order online. Any indication as to actually how many tickets have been sold?

Given we all but sold out online against Clownty (2 tickets?) and they didn't sell out their allocation rough calculations suggest we should be no lower than 7,000 come kick off.

Attendance v County: 6,600
Add extra Lincoln sales: 500
Less online tickets remaining: 100
Total 7,000.

Caveat being the blocks I quoted above in my earlier post that aren't on sale would require equal sales to the County game.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Iliketrains wrote:

10% of the available home tickets is ony about 700 tickets.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Sneag I agree. If each block holds 300 then 3 blocks need to be held back hence the reason F, G, H don't get put on sale.

I don't know why A & J spares aren't put on sale someone from the club would need to confirm, maybe as simple as they aren't configured on the ticket site to be put on sale online - you would expect a simple fix to map in the seats and those taken.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:08 pm

All blocks should be available to pre book and then when the limit is reached where only X amount of seats are left as required by the EFL then suspend ticket sales. Currently the club are doing it the wrong way round and making attending games more difficult. Jesus it's not rocket science. I want to sit in specific seats in the closed areas of the IGL but cannot due to this ridiculous obstacle and so i either have to sit in an inferior seat / unsuitable seat in the QLE or just not go.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MansfieldMick » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:18 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
Stag95 wrote:According to the online system there's only 100 tickets left to order online. Any indication as to actually how many tickets have been sold?

Given we all but sold out online against Clownty (2 tickets?) and they didn't sell out their allocation rough calculations suggest we should be no lower than 7,000 come kick off.

Attendance v County: 6,600
Add extra Lincoln sales: 500
Less online tickets remaining: 100
Total 7,000.

Caveat being the blocks I quoted above in my earlier post that aren't on sale would require equal sales to the County game.

Spot on, against County many people thought it was a sell out because there were few tickets left online. However there were plenty available on the day and I expect quite a few getting tickets tomorrow from the ticket office right up to kick off so expect a crowd of just over 7000, nowhere near a full house. Be surprised if a few from Lincoln don't buy on the day too.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby steve-hymas » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:18 pm

There are plenty of tickets left .currently the last update was 6600 including Lincoln fans .they have been on sale a couple of weeks now and are available on line,in person at the ticket office or just simply ring up and pay over the phone .Plenty of time to have got your tickets if you really wanted them .
Fitc have a section .players parents and family are left an area too .If we were in any danger of selling out week in week out the system would change.
Our on line ticketing system ain’t the best but until our attendances improve by a couple of thousand per game it’s not a major problem .
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum