{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Creepy Scorefred sponsored by things can only.....

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Creepy Scorefred sponsored by things can only.....

Postby James » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 am

Some of the people who follow our club baffle me. We're 3rd in the league, with 9 games to play. In my years of watching us, that's only happened once or twice to us, rest of the times its been rubbish to support us.

Why not just enjoy it and see where it goes? How many seasons have we had where there's absolutely nothing to play for with 9 games to go. Let's get our heads out of our arses, get behind the team for every game, and actually enjoy this.

We'll lose some games, draw some, and win. So will Lincoln, Bury, MK, Tranmere etc...
James
Manager
Manager

Postby nobby +1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:46 am

yes yes yes thats it James all for one and one for all
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:17 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Rob wrote:So many clowns on this thread, the usual suspects just waiting for us to go on a bad run, just waiting to pounce on the manager or some of the players - you get the sense some on here want us to lose, want us to fail so they can revel in their cesspit of self pity.

We're third you utter clowns.

Lighten up, pal.

Yes, you were indeed one of those my post was aimed at. So, I would suggest it is you who needs to "lighten up".
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:39 am

Mixed feelings, but I guess it’s a question of whether you are an optimist or pessimist.

3rd in the league and masters of our own fortune but our form has to improve for us to take advantage of the position we’ve put ourselves in.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:52 am

Jimstag wrote:Mixed feelings, but I guess it’s a question of whether you are an optimist or pessimist.

3rd in the league and masters of our own fortune but our form has to improve for us to take advantage of the position we’ve put ourselves in.

Spot on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:34 pm

Our confidence, as a team, has been hit with a sledgehammer and that was shown yesterday. We aren't fluid or sharp in passing. Our crispest link play resulted in us hitting the post (Walker)

We have also been hit with long term injuries. How many of our top5 rivals have had similar injuries like ours? Rose would've been an ideal choice for playing yesterday.

Lincoln, on the other hand, haven't had any major injuries.

I'd rather be second and 7 points clear than be rattling around our position at the minute, but I think we will scrap the points to get us clear a little.

I'm annoyed we didn't use all our subs and yesterday screamed out for Danny Rose to come on for the last 30 minutes but alas, we didn't have that option. Changes were vital to mix it uop, and hopefully rest some legs for the Lincoln game. I presume Tomlinson and Ajose would be back. Interesting to see what happens with Grant. I like him, but Cou8nty fans have been accurate in their description of him playing
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby pemill » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:38 pm

mousemousemouse wrote: ..........................................…. We aren't fluid or sharp in passing. Our crispest link play resulted in us hitting the post (Walker)

Did you miss the first half :roll:

:coys:
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:22 pm

pemill wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote: ..........................................…. We aren't fluid or sharp in passing. Our crispest link play resulted in us hitting the post (Walker)

Did you miss the first half :roll:

:coys:

So yesterday was a better game than when we used to rip teams apart around October time? I'll stand by my point that we aren't as confident going forward as we used to be, and my point still stands that once we start linking up well, we create a threat.

Not sure what about that is incorrect?

Edit: I do admit that I meant that neat link up play one the edge of the area that released Grant. The Walker effort was a lumped ball in
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:34 pm

We were the better team and should have won the game. CJ Hamilton, Tyler Walker and Jorge Grant had good chances to score in the first half. We dominated the 2nd half but only created the one chance when Tyler hit the post. We need a little more quality in the final third of the pitch to create better scoring chances.

The xg (expected goals) score was Crawley 0.2 Mansfield Town 0.6 (our average xg is 1.5).
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:25 pm

BigGuy wrote:
adamstag wrote:
We’ve moved back to 3rd which is an unexpected and fortunate position

I’m struggling to understand how we are in a ‘fortunate position’, has the league awarded us extra points or something? Did we not gain them on our own? If we do go up, are we fortunate?

If you are reffering to MK losing last night, other teams will also drop unexpected points aside from our current own poor form of late.

Needless to say we have to improve, but it’s in our hands.

Some on here said we were 'fortunate' to win the BSP. The table at the end of the season doesn't lie, you are where you deserve to be.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:33 pm

adamstag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
adamstag wrote:

I’m struggling to understand how we are in a ‘fortunate position’, has the league awarded us extra points or something? Did we not gain them on our own? If we do go up, are we fortunate?

If you are reffering to MK losing last night, other teams will also drop unexpected points aside from our current own poor form of late.

Fortunate on the night - the defeat by MK was hardly expected.
We've got 2 home games now - get 4/6 points from that and move on

You could spin this around and say we should be 7 points clear of Franchise FC and in second with that thought process. Our defeats at Clownty and Vale were hardly expected either. But we, as did MK last night didn't turn up for those particular games.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Spiritater wrote:
adamstag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
adamstag wrote:

You could spin this around and say we should be 7 points clear of Franchise FC and in second with that thought process. Our defeats at Clownty and Vale were hardly expected either. But we, as did MK last night didn't turn up for those particular games.

I could but then the naysayers would accuse me of negativity :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:05 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Here's hoping Stevo and Radio Gertie will have some commo for the poor. Other than that I'll have to get updates into the commo of Clownty's latest nail in their coffin from Brunton Park.

Have to give a big thumbs up to Kieron Coupe who was Stevo's guest summariser last night. I though the lad came over really well of the snippets I was able to listen to.

He was referred to as 1st team Development coach by Stevo. I know he was the equipment manager, has he been promoted and been doing his badges?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:34 pm

I thought you were never listening to radio Mansfield ever again ‘tater.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Now, now Pete, now they're catering for the poor again it'd be daft not to listen. Just turn the radio on and it's there...FREE!
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:02 am

Spiritater wrote:
adamstag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
adamstag wrote:

You can add 5 points to your 7 that we've dropped to Yeovil. :(
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:38 pm

adamstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
adamstag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
adamstag wrote:

I could but then the naysayers would accuse me of negativity :shock:

Don't be so negative about the naysayers opinions! ;) :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Due to the increase in 'attendances' of recent 'freds, and despite the Vale blip I shall start the Lincoln game fred and it will appear tomorrow, hopefully with a suitable sponsor. Funny day to start one...
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum