{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Creepy Scorefred sponsored by things can only.....

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Creepy Scorefred sponsored by things can only.....

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:49 pm

& there’s a Mansfield Town way
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Thought Grant did a lot more than CJ in fairness. Not a bad point considering but it was a very uninspired performance, settling for a draw away at Crawley. Felt Khan should have been given 20mins after his assist at Vale. Big game on monday now.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:53 pm

Circumstances have made this an acceptable point, but Crawley were there for the taking for a team with any confidence. We're up to third but tonight's performance offers little hope of staying there unless we buck our ideas up.

Thought Turner and Jones played well defensively. Grant wasn't as bad as he has been. We had the chances to win it but couldn't take them.

Baffling lack of substitutions though, especially considering a goalscorer and goal creator from the weekend were on the bench, way to build up their confidence.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:58 pm

Ajose and Khan should of been chucked on for twenty minutes.

So poor for a team chasing automatic promotion and having a budget probably three times of crawley.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby 8th Notts » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:01 pm

Poor L2 this year. Loads of strange results. Lincoln top shows how poor it is with their goofball and Cowley gamesmanship.
8th Notts
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:02 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:Having been positive about our prospects earlier in the season I'm now beginning to get quite concerned about this season. Some poor performances from offensive players of late (particularly Grant, who has just fallen off a cliff since the County game). Our defensive players still look - on the whole - pretty tight (thankfully). But we need wins now.

I don't think we will go up through the play-offs; our record against the top teams isn't great and we still have this bad habit of bottling the big games - ala County. We need to get (and stay) in the top 3 but are largely relying on MK Dons to drop points.

We’ve not lost to any of the top seven and beat Bury, Tranmere, Forest Green and Colchester.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:07 pm

We are third .... with nine games to go .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby lancer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:08 pm

It in our hands still
There are going to bit a lot mire twists and turns before this seasons over
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Considering the weather, this was a good point.

Despite what people think, Crawley are a hard team to beat and I would have taken a point before the match, particularly when you take account of our injury list.

Keep the faith and look forward to beating Lincoln next week.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:16 pm

Never seen so many people, suicidal, at the thought of us being third. Lord knows what people would be like if we were bottom two. It's one more point to the total, and there's still a lot of football to be played, so lighten up, and let's look forward to Monday night.The club and team needs us, so lets get them over the line!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:17 pm

I think you are right Sandy Pate Stag on every point you make. In previous seasons we have lost this game easily.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Bradders » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:35 pm

I'm not disputing that a point is OK in the circumstances but I didn't enjoy seeing them clearly play for a point when a little more effort could have nabbed us three. Disappointing.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Rigsby » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:42 pm

I can't believe some of the stuff I've read on here tonight. People moaning about Logan playing before the match even started and yet he keeps another clean sheet. Begrudging the fact that we "only" got a point at Crawley despite us actually moving up a place. Dismissing our chances in the play offs IF we end up in them although we've not lost to any of the teams currently in the play off places this season. Some are starting to sound like entitled scousers, we have no right to win every game, no-one has. MK lost to Morecambe today and Bury dropped points last Tuesday. Let's try and be positive, you never know, you might enjoy it.
Rigsby
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martian » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:00 pm

Palmer was well contained
Martian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:04 pm

Let’s be glad we are third , about to play the leaders at home . Fill the mill and cheer the boys on this is a good time being a stags fan. After 50 yrs I’ve been going times like these have been rare. We can do it !
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:05 pm

Given we’ve had 3 pretty miserable away performances before this, a point at Crawley can be seen as a positive of sorts.

We’ve moved back to 3rd which is an unexpected and fortunate position, however we can’t keep going at our current trajectory otherwise moving back to 3rd will be temporary.

We return to home comforts in the next 2 home games, lets stay unbeaten in those and see where it takes us.

As for tonight, good work. The return of walker is most welcome as well as some fight from the team.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:19 pm

Just got back home, unsure why DF didn’t bring on Khan or Ajose. Good point though especially as MK lost, big two home games coming up considering our recent away form.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:32 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Just got back home, unsure why DF didn’t bring on Khan or Ajose. Good point though especially as MK lost, big two home games coming up considering our recent away form.

DF did say he would ask of players who were up for the fight this week and said changes would be made.
If that says anything about Khan or Ajose then I trust him.
If it says everything about Logan then it's good management.
:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:45 pm

An improved performance, but it will need to be much better to beat Lincoln. Far too many passes went astray tonight from Mellis, Benning, Grant and Turner. CJ had a decent first half, but went way off the boil in the second. Turner just whacked it clear whenever he got the ball and was almost caught out a couple of times. We really need another defender back I'd have Ajose back in too. A real bonus is that Bishop avoided the yellow card and won't get suspended. We have to be really really up for the Lincoln game now! COYS.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:28 am

Funny results all round, need to watch for Tranmere on the up now and not far behind us and the MK,
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:59 am

adamstag wrote:
We’ve moved back to 3rd which is an unexpected and fortunate position

I’m struggling to understand how we are in a ‘fortunate position’, has the league awarded us extra points or something? Did we not gain them on our own? If we do go up, are we fortunate?

If you are reffering to MK losing last night, other teams will also drop unexpected points aside from our current own poor form of late.

Needless to say we have to improve, but it’s in our hands.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Gruff » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:41 am

Rigsby wrote:I can't believe some of the stuff I've read on here tonight. People moaning about Logan playing before the match even started and yet he keeps another clean sheet. Begrudging the fact that we "only" got a point at Crawley despite us actually moving up a place. Dismissing our chances in the play offs IF we end up in them although we've not lost to any of the teams currently in the play off places this season. Some are starting to sound like entitled scousers, we have no right to win every game, no-one has. MK lost to Morecambe today and Bury dropped points last Tuesday. Let's try and be positive, you never know, you might enjoy it.

How dare you be a voice of reason... Surely, as supporters, we deserve to win every game convincingly, be 40 points clear at the top of the league, with every player at the club delivering World-class performances every match.

Hang your head in shame... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:14 am

BigGuy wrote:
adamstag wrote:
We’ve moved back to 3rd which is an unexpected and fortunate position

I’m struggling to understand how we are in a ‘fortunate position’, has the league awarded us extra points or something? Did we not gain them on our own? If we do go up, are we fortunate?

If you are reffering to MK losing last night, other teams will also drop unexpected points aside from our current own poor form of late.

Needless to say we have to improve, but it’s in our hands.

Fortunate on the night - the defeat by MK was hardly expected.

We've got 2 home games now - get 4/6 points from that and move on
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:13 am

With the remaining fixtures its going to change a few times before the end of the season ,still think we will be deffo top 3 ,loads of six pointers as they say to come
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:19 am

A lot of negativity surrounding this result. If you had offered me a draw and us being back in 3rd with a plus 2 goal difference on Mk I would of taken it.

I thought performance was a lot better than recent weeks, Grant did well, Turner and Bishop looked good as well. Walker will get sharper and the goals will come. I would back us against Lincoln, we turn up against the big teams.

I was disappointed that he did not bring Khan on, we seemed to settle on about 70 mins and had our worst spell of football in that period.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum