{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Otis Khan.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Otis Khan.

Postby lifestags » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:27 am

For me the only player to come away with any credit yesterday. He needs a run of games now and I feel he has a huge part still to play in our season. Play him instead of Grant or with him. He needs to play.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Re: Otis Khan.

Postby pemill » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:31 am

I'd agree with that, Grant is either not bothered or not fit, Khan in my opinion will do the ugly stuff and still provide service to the front men, not just Walker!
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:23 am

pemill wrote:I'd agree with that, Grant is either not bothered or not fit, Khan in my opinion will do the ugly stuff and still provide service to the front men, not just Walker!

Khan won't do the ugly stuff and that's why he and Grant cannot play in the same team.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:24 am

He played well.

That Turner guy though. What the......
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:59 am

Khan to start from me in place of grant. MacDonald in the centre with Bishop and a recall for jones for Tuesdays match at Crawley.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:00 pm

It was encouraging to see khan do well when he came on.

I’d start him instead of grant Tuesday
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:26 pm

adamstag wrote:It was encouraging to see khan do well when he came on.

I wouldn't. Got to allow grant to put it right first, especially as Walker's back.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:40 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:Khan to start from me in place of grant. MacDonald in the centre with Bishop and a recall for jones for Tuesdays match at Crawley.

Macca isn't a centre mid, never had a real good game there. Hes better off attacking mid or out wide.

Bishop and Tomlinson in the middle with Mellis is out best option for me... Khan instead of Grant? YES
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:42 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
adamstag wrote:It was encouraging to see khan do well when he came on.

I wouldn't. Got to allow grant to put it right first, especially as Walker's back.

A player of his quality should be able to have a good game when his mates out suspended.

He’s had about 3/4 games in a row that’s been pretty poor, I don’t mean in the sense of bin the lad off - that would be ridiculous - but a kick up the backside might do him some good.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:Khan to start from me in place of grant. MacDonald in the centre with Bishop and a recall for jones for Tuesdays match at Crawley.

Macca isn't a centre mid, never had a real good game there. Hes better off attacking mid or out wide.

Bishop and Tomlinson in the middle with Mellis is out best option for me... Khan instead of Grant? YES

Based on the Port Vale Match, Sammy Stag instead of Grant! :)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:07 pm

lifestags wrote:For me the only player to come away with any credit yesterday. He needs a run of games now and I feel he has a huge part still to play in our season. Play him instead of Grant or with him. He needs to play.

You've forgotten about Mal Benning there.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:10 pm

ParisStag wrote:
lifestags wrote:For me the only player to come away with any credit yesterday. He needs a run of games now and I feel he has a huge part still to play in our season. Play him instead of Grant or with him. He needs to play.

He set them up for their first!!!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:11 pm

ParisStag wrote:

He had an awful game apart from his through ball to CJ which won the penalty.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:12 pm

Grant was not the only one who was below par.I will let the manager sort it out pretty sure he will have read the riot act to them.I will be watching Tuesday on i-follow.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Grant as we know is a class player no matter what people think currently but think maybe Khan should be given the chance to come back and he linked with Walker earlier in the season
Def drop Grant but don't think DF will somehow as his mate is back.
Turner looking like a complete flop and maybe past his best.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

You must have missed a large chunk of last season then.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Macca isn't fast or skilful enough to be a winger. His assets are work rate and when on form his passing. He is not a winger. Simple as that.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:50 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

That’s when he was working at Derby :shock:
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:22 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

You mean where he played in Centre mid and did absolutely nothing because he's wait for it... not a centre mid
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:34 am

Yeah you know when he played centre mid for a team that were in the play-offs and went god knows how many games unbeaten.

Scored a screamer to win the game at Cov, assist for Hemmings at Vale, assist for Diamond equaliser v Spireites, scored against Barnet, scored against Newport. Four man of the match performances. But never had a good game there.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:36 am

Jamie wrote:Macca isn't fast or skilful enough to be a winger. His assets are work rate and when on form his passing. He is not a winger. Simple as that.

To be fair to the guy he said out wide, not winger. You can play on the right midfield and not be a out and out winger. You can look for the full back overlapping or go forwards and cross from deep (think Liam Lawrence) a winger is someone who gets the ball and runs to the byline (think Wayne Corden, although he could equally be described as an inside forward as well)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:44 am

By far our best player in the first 10 games, we desperately need him to re-find that form.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:16 am

Stag95 wrote:By far our best player in the first 10 games, we desperately need him to re-find that form.

Weird one because I dont think he went ''out of form'' massively, just got injured and the players who came in Mells/Elsnik/Grant. Did well.

He deserves his chance tonight, hopefully he takes it.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum