{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Creepy Scorefred sponsored by things can only.....

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Creepy Scorefred sponsored by things can only.....

Postby James » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:31 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Turner is atrocious.

Why have we got this liability in and we ship out a trusted stalwart Mirfin.

Bring back Mirfin.

Flitcroft overall is good and I support him but he definitely has an absolute stinker of a decision in him every so often. These mount up and hopefully don't cost us the season.

It's 3 games Turner has played. Give him a chance for christ sake.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:31 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:If we have to play Turner then I am worried. Hopefully we can out-score Crawley with Walker being back.

Does anyone know what the situation with parking is? I have been before but I have never driven!

Free parking on left just before getting to roundabout heading north on A23 in a business office estate. Then walk through a jitty over a stream past some allotments into rear of ground. Just a minute walk from parking up and into supporters bar.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:59 pm

James wrote:

Bring back Mirfin.

Flitcroft overall is good and I support him but he definitely has an absolute stinker of a decision in him every so often. These mount up and hopefully don't cost us the season.

I have, 3 games. He was lucky to stay on the pitch at Notts and made 2 stinkers at Port Vale. Not one positive contribution yet.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:05 pm

James wrote:

Bring back Mirfin.

He’s probably got a better pedigree than any defender on the pitch . I love these instant assessments.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:13 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
James wrote:

Bring back Mirfin.

I have, 3 games. He was lucky to stay on the pitch at Notts and made 2 stinkers at Port Vale. Not one positive contribution yet.

I think it's safe to say turner is a bit rusty, doesn't mean he's a bad defender though because look at his CV. It wouldn't be stagsnet if there weren't folk writing players off after three games.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:32 pm

Turner, looks like he’s pushing himself back from injury a little too early?

I can now make the game tomorrow, I’m not sure that’s good news given our away form of late. We need to turn it around very quickly as I feel this is as close to a must win and will be very difficult.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:32 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
James wrote:

Bring back Mirfin.

I think it's safe to say turner is a bit rusty, doesn't mean he's a bad defender though because look at his CV. It wouldn't be stagsnet if there weren't folk writing players off after three games.

A bit rusty? He is nothing but rust based on his first few games. Whilst I understand the 'give him a chance' argument, its a key point in the season. We aren't risking youth because of the importance of the game, but we can afford to risk an old man?
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby James » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Old man, he's 31.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:43 pm

James wrote:Old man, he's 31.

But plays like he is 131
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby nobby +1 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Walker back Grant feels the love again and we win 0 2
nobby +1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:46 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
James wrote:

Bring back Mirfin.

With Sweeney out and more than likely Preston too, it looks like he will get his chance to show what he has.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:17 pm

For all we know quite a few of our players could be carrying knocks and bruises.we need to get behind the lads and the management .some of the ever presents in the team are looking tired and I think that’s why performances fluctuate .we are down to the bare bones and you could see the fresher legs in Khan and Macca. Hopefully a fresh Walker will lift us...C.O.Y.S.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:25 pm

daddycool wrote:
James wrote:

Bring back Mirfin.

He’s probably got a better pedigree than any defender on the pitch . I love these instant assessments.

Mansfield fans always know best... they have the experience of watching quality league 2 football for such a long time
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:56 pm

Leave to the manager.He works with the players every training session and can better assess the strengths and weaknesses than the fans.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:00 pm

Sedgwick, I bow to your superior knowledge. I mean you did work on Derby County's iFollow so by association you are very knowledgeable on all football matters.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:13 am

Looking at the weather forecast for tonight it looks as though it's gonna be a stinker of an evening. Be hard to play any football and it'll be just a battle to see who's got the tactics right and the correct personnel to suit those tactics. Doubt it'll be a game for a featherweight like Jorge and will suit Palmer down to the ground.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:20 am

Huge game tonight, we have to get our away from back on track. Anything other than a win will pile huge pressure on the Lincoln and Crewe games (particularly with everyone playing before us next week), and then the next away trip to Exeter is very tough at any time of the season let alone with our current away form.

Win and everyone will feel a lot more confident again.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:33 am

It's ironic that we are struggling for CHs as we play Crawley and Lincoln, two big sides who are a huge threat from set pieces and corners, can see both ending in tears unfortunately, unless we get Preston and Sweeney back.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:32 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:It's ironic that we are struggling for CHs as we play Crawley and Lincoln, two big sides who are a huge threat from set pieces and corners, can see both ending in tears unfortunately, unless we get Preston and Sweeney back.

I agree and it's even worse that we don't have a big Rheady type centre forward to help out at set pieces. Maybe we should leave both CJ and Ajosey up for opposition free kicks/corners to try and get them to leave defenders in their own half of the field.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:40 am

James wrote:

Bring back Mirfin.

If you watched any of the reserve games which mirfin played in you'd understand.

He looked liked he needed WD40 on his knees. Now this isnt a pop at him, he'd been out a long time, but it was evident he'd get absolutely ripped apart at our level until he got some game time in him
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:33 am

Ollie will pop 1 in and I think its going to be tough and bad night at the office for us
2 nil to creepy and Ollie to wind up the travelling fans and guessing not many will bother with this one after the last 2 away matches and will save their hard earned.

I am hoping stags not doing the overnight stop as that means defeat and more precious cash gone!!

I am a real pessimist sorry and think its play offs for us now.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:38 am

Massive game. We need to start picking up away wins.

Ollie Palmer scored two on Saturday but in true Ollie style he could easily have had five.

Hopefully our defence will be up for a good physical battle and we will create more chances going forward.

COYS!!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:07 pm

Got to win and i think we can ,but a point wouldn,t kill us ,theres gonna be alot of twists and turns yet ,in fact i still fancy us to win the league ,given the remaining fixtures everybodys going to drop points
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:23 pm

spanishstag wrote:Got to win and i think we can ,but a point wouldn,t kill us ,theres gonna be alot of twists and turns yet ,in fact i still fancy us to win the league ,given the remaining fixtures everybodys going to drop points

The weather is going to play a massive part in this game.
At least we are not traveling to Carlisle.
0-0 could be the result or postponed.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:34 pm

spanishstag wrote:Got to win and i think we can ,but a point wouldn,t kill us ,theres gonna be alot of twists and turns yet ,in fact i still fancy us to win the league ,given the remaining fixtures everybodys going to drop points

Dream on Spanish, overhauling an 8 point gap with 10 games to go is a very tall order. Lincoln will pick up more points than us anyway till the end of the season. When they're not 'at it' they seem to grind something out. Us, well just look at the Clownty and Vale games :oops:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum