{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:12 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:01 pm

Blames Sweeney for the first goal but no mention of Sir Mals horrific control giving them the ball?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:10 pm

fair comment. I didn't take the clip back far enough in rewatching that. I'm amending now.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:52 pm

Whilst today's performance was not as poor as away at Notts Co, there was a similarity, in that the opposition had more desire to win, and were more aggressive.

However, to keep perspective, we're still having a good season and in a decent position to gain automatic promotion, it's still in our hands.

:coys:
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:06 pm

Comical defending for both goals.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:10 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:fair comment. I didn't take the clip back far enough in rewatching that. I'm amending now.

Although far away I think poor control/pass from Atkinson caused the second goal although it was calamitous after that???
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:15 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:16 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:fair comment. I didn't take the clip back far enough in rewatching that. I'm amending now.

Although far away I think poor control/pass from Atkinson caused the second goal although it was calamitous after that???

no. Atkinson wasn't involved.

You may be thinking of the later 1-on-1 for Miller which I have described.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby part time pete » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:29 am

Atkinson tried to play Miller offside for the first goal, but was useless at it.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:43 am

[quote="KirkbyStag2"]Whilst today's performance was not as poor as away at Notts Co, there was a similarity, in that the opposition had more desire to win, and were more aggressive.

However, to keep perspective, we're still having a good season and in a decent position to gain automatic promotion, it's still in our hands.

:coys:[/quote
Only if we match MK game for game and beat them last game, Bury and Lincoln are away and gone now for me so it's down to us and MK for 3rd. Looking at our next 4 games I struggle at the moment to see where anything more than 4 points will come from for us (unless the team grow a proper set of gonads in the meantime) and we could be cast adrift. There can't be anymore 'relaxed' performances from now on in, but I feel teams have us sussed and as did Clownty, Newport and Vale will press us high and win the battle and we struggle to find any rhythm when that happens.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:19 am

Refs often get a lot of criticism but I thought that this one deserved a 9. Let the game flow, wasn't fooled by the usual exaggeration and seemed to get the decisions correct. Never let players influence him unduly. Some refs might have given us a penalty at the end for the Smith incident but he probably made the right call.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:22 am

Bradders wrote:Refs often get a lot of criticism but I thought that this one deserved a 9. Let the game flow, wasn't fooled by the usual exaggeration and seemed to get the decisions correct. Never let players influence him unduly. Some refs might have given us a penalty at the end for the Smith incident but he probably made the right call.

Too far away but did he bottle it late first half from the succession of corners and Pearce pulled back as about to shoot??
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:49 am

part time pete wrote:Atkinson tried to play Miller offside for the first goal, but was useless at it.

What was useless was Benning's control leading up to the first goal, absolutely horrendous.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:26 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum